Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Central Supporters Club
Im Keen!

Cant do the pints as i'm flying home that day but i was planning the game anyway!

So ill have 2 seats leaving from Edinburgh...........possible 4 seats
No sacrifice no victory 

im game for it.
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Looks like it's heading for double figures. We will be a party of three!

I'll be there with Slatefordstag.

yeah, I am definitely planning it too.

If anyone from Glasgow is going I can give them a lift

(06-29-2012, 12:07 AM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: If anyone from Glasgow is going I can give them a lift

I might as well head with you then instead of going with Keith from Edinburgh.

Cool cool no bother. What shirt number you wanting the game btw?

Just found out. Ill be home from oban on the friday night before the motherwell game so if anyone is heading from glasgow I can give them a lift up.

Everybody else seems to be having an AGM. Should we have one? Maybe in a pub Cool

AGM - Annual General Moralisation.

Difficult one due to our spread out location.

However Im keen for the Edinburgh based lot to meet up, We have a pub thats well know for the games v Hibs.

Hearts games on the other hand im not sure what pub is best any suggestions then we can all meet up there at some point soon to try out the merchandise.
No sacrifice no victory 

(07-11-2012, 07:06 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote: AGM - Annual General Moralisation.

However Im keen for the Edinburgh based lot to meet up, We have a pub thats well know for the games v Hibs.

Hearts games on the other hand im not sure what pub is best any suggestions then we can all meet up there at some point soon to try out the merchandise.

Aye, when I say AGM I was more thinking piss-up! Are you thinking of Mathers on Broughton Street? Did I hear that used to have a County strip hanging behind the bar? Good pub.

I've been known to partake in the occasional Aberdeen Edinburgh-based match (not any more tho, obviously!). Middletons on Easter Road for Hibs games, and the Roseburn Bar for Hearts matches are usually rammed with Dons fans pre-match. But given most of us seem to live in the Polwarth/Dalry area the Roseburn's probably a bit out of the way! Golden Rule on Yeaman Place I reckon Wink

(07-11-2012, 09:51 AM)Forfinn Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 07:06 AM)Slatefordstag Wrote: AGM - Annual General Moralisation.

Aye, when I say AGM I was more thinking piss-up! Are you thinking of Mathers on Broughton Street? Did I hear that used to have a County strip hanging behind the bar? Good pub.

Used to be my local, and it certainly did have the strip. Not been in since 2005 though, so it might have changed.

(07-11-2012, 12:05 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Used to be my local, and it certainly did have the strip. Not been in since 2005 though, so it might have changed.

It's not there any more, unfortunately. I was last in probably six months ago. Good pub for sports, and a decent selection of guest ales on. Nice central location as well.

Middletons on Easter Road - HIBS GAMES this makes sense as thats where most away fans go and also its the same pub we used i the cup game!

Hearts is a bit harder - Golden Rule and Polwarth Tavern are Ok but a wee bit out the way for folk coming of the train from Glasgow/Up North (in term of finding it)!! Could really do with something on Dalry road!?
No sacrifice no victory 

Yeah, Middletons sounds good for the Hibs games. Not too sure if there are really many good options around Dalry with only the Mercat and the Haymarket being feasible. I like The Golden Rule but everywhere around Gorgie appears to be Hearts pubs. Not sure where the away fans tend to go before the games. What about a pub around William Street, like Teuchters?

Apparently the Roseburn Bar is full of away fans for Hearts' home games. Could be worth a shout, not a long walk either, 5 mins max

Roseburn's a good shout

Just sent a e-mail out to everyone regarding tickets for Motherwell and Celtic games!
No sacrifice no victory 

Is anybody from Glasgow or Edinburgh needing a lift? I'm taking the car up. 10 quid a head and I can take 4 folk.

Let me know if anyone wants a lift.