Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Central Supporters Club
(04-14-2012, 10:42 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: HUGE POST ALERT!!!

Hi All

Been trying to get this sorted for a while now!

A few weeks back I called the club regarding the possibility of a Central Supporters Club for next season.

I spoke with Ranald briefly and he indicated that if we were able to sort something out then the club could possible make provisions for the central based fans in terms of home and away ticket sales!

Obviously next season with a bit of SPL buzz some games are going to prove popular such as Old Firm, Caley and Aberdeen.

Id personally hate to miss out on these home and away games due to high demand and our central belt location.

Therefore I asked the club if it would be possible that if a club was to be formed then arrangements could be made with regards to tickets.

They seemed positive about this and indicated that it should not be a problem obviously more conversation would be need to exactly how this would work.

In the mean time, I would put it out to you guys. If anyone would like to be involved in trying to make this work then I have set up an e-mail account to contact me on. I’d love to try and set this up but due to my work commitments I won’t be able to do it all myself. Therefore I’m looking for help from the regular faces I see at away games to maybe help me push this along for next season!

I have spoken to a few people already who all seem keen. E-mail address is as follows: centralstaggies@hotmail.com

Also a facebook page: www.facebook.com/CentralStaggies

Twiiter: @centralstaggies

Even if you’re not able to commit much/any time in terms of organising etc it would still be good to hear of interest. Now we are in the SPL the cost of game will obviously be greater to even Car sharing etc can help!! Who knows if we get enough interest even the possibility off regular buses/Mini Bus could become viable.

I’m sure everyone will agree that the away support has been superb recently and the players really seem to appreciate the effort so let’s try and keep this going for next season!

Looking forward to hearing from you Central staggies!!

Thanks

Great idea SlatefordStag, and good on you for all the leg work that you have already done. I'm not sure how much work it will entail but as I have done various committee jobs before I am happy to help out if/when needed.

Had a good response so far!

Alot of e-mails.

The Main thing at the moment is to get a mailing list on the centralstaggies@hotmail.com email address this is the easiest way to get in touch as im aware not everyone is on Facebook/Twitter.

So if you haven't already and are interested then please drop a e-mail to the address:

centralstaggies@hotmail.com

Cheers
No sacrifice no victory 

Slatefordstag: i've emailed you my contact details. I can help out if needed.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(04-19-2012, 11:46 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Slatefordstag: i've emailed you my contact details. I can help out if needed.

Cheers Mate!!

Ill be in touch

The Edinburgh Staggies are outnumbering the the weagies at the moment but it is a better city i suppose. Big Grin
No sacrifice no victory 

(04-19-2012, 01:00 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote:
(04-19-2012, 11:46 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Slatefordstag: i've emailed you my contact details. I can help out if needed.

Cheers Mate!!

Ill be in touch

The Edinburgh Staggies are outnumbering the the weagies at the moment but it is a better city i suppose. Big Grin

I'll be emailing later on today.

That's one more for the weegies
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

What time does everyone want to meet in Glasgow for the Queens game? Train is about an hour and a half I think but I've not checked train times yet.

Trains from Central at:

10:12 [arrives in Dumfries at 11:57]
12:12 [arrives in Dumfries at 13:54]
13:12 [arrives in Dumfries at 14:57]

Just thought I'd give this a wee bump in case any of the people stirlingshire_staggie was canvassing on the train on Saturday night come on looking for it! (I was the tall guy with the beard...).

Also, Edinburgh to Dingwall and back in one day is brutal on public transport. Bring on the organised supporters bus! Or at least car-sharing Smile

(04-30-2012, 10:08 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Just thought I'd give this a wee bump in case any of the people stirlingshire_staggie was canvassing on the train on Saturday night come on looking for it! (I was the tall guy with the beard...).

Also, Edinburgh to Dingwall and back in one day is brutal on public transport. Bring on the organised supporters bus! Or at least car-sharing Smile
Good to meet you lad! Yeah we need to get as many central belt supporters to make this thing viable and worth doing. Great response so far.

Plans for the Central Staggies travelling Via train on Saturday!

Edinburgh Haymarket: 1004 -
Glasgow Queen Street: 1049

Meet Glasgow Staggies in counting house for some Breakfast.

Glasgow Central: - 1212 -
Dumfries: 1354.

Return on first train after the game:

Dumfries - 1831 -
Glasgow Central - 2036.

Glasgow Queen street: 2100 -
Edinburgh Haymarket 2145.

Total price £30.
No sacrifice no victory 

bump to remind people of train plans for this game
No sacrifice no victory 

10+ of us will be in the Counting House before the train. Decent squad.

How about a meeting point in Dumfries? Robert the Bruce Weatherspoons? We'll be there from 1315.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(05-04-2012, 06:48 PM)staggie34 Wrote: How about a meeting point in Dumfries? Robert the Bruce Weatherspoons? We'll be there from 1315.

Sounds good to me, I'll be there from around 1pm too

We'll be there at 2pm for half an hour. It's only about a 10 minute walk to the ground if I remember right.

(05-04-2012, 07:06 PM)staggy4life Wrote: We'll be there at 2pm for half an hour. It's only about a 10 minute walk to the ground if I remember right.

were not walking tomorrow were flocking!!! Cool
No sacrifice no victory 

(05-04-2012, 06:52 PM)thejailender Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 06:48 PM)staggie34 Wrote: How about a meeting point in Dumfries? Robert the Bruce Weatherspoons? We'll be there from 1315.

Sounds good to me, I'll be there from around 1pm too

Please say hello. I'll have the no.34 shirt on!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

Hey guys!

Can central staggies get in touch about this charity football game? I'm needing players!

Sent you an email, Slateford Stag.

Keep up the good work.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Anyone fancy an outing to the Raith game on Tues 10 July? Early evening train from Edinburgh should allow a couple of pints pre-match.