Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Central Supporters Club
It's not good enough. Tongue

(03-20-2012, 08:36 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: It's not good enough. Tongue

I didn't hear row H on Saturday Wink
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(03-20-2012, 09:37 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 08:36 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: It's not good enough. Tongue

I didn't hear row H on Saturday Wink

Drowned out by Row G in front of us.

Hope the Central Supporters Club gets a decent turnout on Saturday!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

IF Ayr manage to get a result versus Dundee tomorrow!

The current cramped Central supporters Van will be making a trip up the road for the Raith Game leaving Edinburgh at im not sure when (Prob 9.30) and returning on Sunday morning-ish unless we dont beat Raith in which case it may be brought forward.

One seat has been taking by S4L 4 seats remain.

As a side note if Livi happens to be the title match on a quick recon of Livi today i suggest The Lime as pre match boozer, its on the main road above the stadium about 100m away!

http://www.eating-inn.co.uk/house/lime-kiln-livingston

its also kid friendly. with a soft play zone for Yoda!

Im not sure if they will like alot of football fans but its very like the boozer close to Clydes ground (broadwood) if your familiar.

Any other suggestions are welcome.
No sacrifice no victory 

(03-26-2012, 01:38 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: its also kid friendly. with a soft play zone for Yoda!

Yas!

I think there's a social club at the ground, so that's another option.

Back to the Top!

Looks like the Glasgow based Staggies are meeting at the counting house then train thru arriving about 1330! S4L or Strathy can confirm this tho!!

What are the Edinbugrh crowd up to?

Im thinking Haymarket for 12 then train at 1311 to meet the Glasgow lot!

Thoughts?
No sacrifice no victory 

(04-06-2012, 08:58 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: Back to the Top!

Looks like the Glasgow based Staggies are meeting at the counting house then train thru arriving about 1330! S4L or Strathy can confirm this tho!!

What are the Edinbugrh crowd up to?

Im thinking Haymarket for 12 then train at 1311 to meet the Glasgow lot!

Thoughts?

Seconded

I'll be there for 12
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Me and Slatefordstag have booked the train up for the Hamilton game if anyone else is keen.

7.06am from Glasgow Queen Street and 7.38pm from Dingwall back at the great price of about £15 if you book in advance and have a railcard!

(04-12-2012, 08:35 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Me and Slatefordstag have booked the train up for the Hamilton game if anyone else is keen.

7.06am from Glasgow Queen Street and 7.38pm from Dingwall back at the great price of about £15 if you book in advance and have a railcard!

Central Supporters Big day out!!!

Get involved
No sacrifice no victory 

(04-12-2012, 08:45 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 08:35 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Me and Slatefordstag have booked the train up for the Hamilton game if anyone else is keen.

Central Supporters Big day out!!!

Get involved
I'm really tempted to go to this now instead of queens.

Make sure you get match tickets too for the Hamilton game.

They are selling fast I hear !

(04-13-2012, 10:57 PM)thejailender Wrote: Make sure you get match tickets too for the Hamilton game.

They are selling fast I hear !

Got my tickets for the jailend the other day so we'll be fine!

HUGE POST ALERT!!!

Hi All

Been trying to get this sorted for a while now!

A few weeks back I called the club regarding the possibility of a Central Supporters Club for next season.

I spoke with Ranald briefly and he indicated that if we were able to sort something out then the club could possible make provisions for the central based fans in terms of home and away ticket sales!

Obviously next season with a bit of SPL buzz some games are going to prove popular such as Old Firm, Caley and Aberdeen.

Id personally hate to miss out on these home and away games due to high demand and our central belt location.

Therefore I asked the club if it would be possible that if a club was to be formed then arrangements could be made with regards to tickets.

They seemed positive about this and indicated that it should not be a problem obviously more conversation would be need to exactly how this would work.

In the mean time, I would put it out to you guys. If anyone would like to be involved in trying to make this work then I have set up an e-mail account to contact me on. I’d love to try and set this up but due to my work commitments I won’t be able to do it all myself. Therefore I’m looking for help from the regular faces I see at away games to maybe help me push this along for next season!

I have spoken to a few people already who all seem keen. E-mail address is as follows: centralstaggies@hotmail.com

Also a facebook page: www.facebook.com/CentralStaggies

Twiiter: @centralstaggies

Even if you’re not able to commit much/any time in terms of organising etc it would still be good to hear of interest. Now we are in the SPL the cost of game will obviously be greater to even Car sharing etc can help!! Who knows if we get enough interest even the possibility off regular buses/Mini Bus could become viable.

I’m sure everyone will agree that the away support has been superb recently and the players really seem to appreciate the effort so let’s try and keep this going for next season!

Looking forward to hearing from you Central staggies!!

Thanks
No sacrifice no victory 

Sounds great!

I'm up for this...not all of us are from Ross-shire :p

(04-14-2012, 10:42 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote: HUGE POST ALERT!!!

Hi All

Been trying to get this sorted for a while now!

A few weeks back I called the club regarding the possibility of a Central Supporters Club for next season.

I spoke with Ranald briefly and he indicated that if we were able to sort something out then the club could possible make provisions for the central based fans in terms of home and away ticket sales!

Obviously next season with a bit of SPL buzz some games are going to prove popular such as Old Firm, Caley and Aberdeen.

Id personally hate to miss out on these home and away games due to high demand and our central belt location.

Therefore I asked the club if it would be possible that if a club was to be formed then arrangements could be made with regards to tickets.

They seemed positive about this and indicated that it should not be a problem obviously more conversation would be need to exactly how this would work.

In the mean time, I would put it out to you guys. If anyone would like to be involved in trying to make this work then I have set up an e-mail account to contact me on. I’d love to try and set this up but due to my work commitments I won’t be able to do it all myself. Therefore I’m looking for help from the regular faces I see at away games to maybe help me push this along for next season!

I have spoken to a few people already who all seem keen. E-mail address is as follows: centralstaggies@hotmail.com

Also a facebook page: www.facebook.com/CentralStaggies

Twiiter: @centralstaggies

Even if you’re not able to commit much/any time in terms of organising etc it would still be good to hear of interest. Now we are in the SPL the cost of game will obviously be greater to even Car sharing etc can help!! Who knows if we get enough interest even the possibility off regular buses/Mini Bus could become viable.

I’m sure everyone will agree that the away support has been superb recently and the players really seem to appreciate the effort so let’s try and keep this going for next season!

Looking forward to hearing from you Central staggies!!

Thanks

This is excellent. Even though I'm based south of the border, I attend as many central belt matches as possible. I am willing to help as much as possible.
Like Stirlingshire Staggie says, not all fans are based in Ross-Shire!

SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Arite guys Ive been on this site for ages and this is the first thing av ever wrote on this. Am a soldier based in Edinburgh and my brother also lives in edinburgh and were both life long staggies. Am keen on the idea of a central supporters club, as ive only been to one home game but countless of away games this season. So if you get this up and on the go count me in!!! cheers

As TJE noted there did used to be an Edinburgh Supporters club of which I used to be a member. Mathers at the top of Broughton Street used to be the main base and latterly the Murrayfield Bar before it went by the by. There were quite a few members at one stage and it was particularly active through the third division and first time round in the second division.

Be up for getting something organised again though.

I'd definitely be up for getting involved with this. I wouldn't be able to contribute that much in the initial setting up as I have pretty hefty work commitments, but there's obvious benefit in co-ordinating the central belt supporters. Indeed, I was only able to make the Ayr game due to the generosity of another Edinburgh-based Staggie who was driving and put a note up on here (cheers, davidrbull, by the way!). Whether it's to share a car, organise a bus, get a train together, or just to meet up with to avoid going on your tod, it'd be good to get to know more folk. So count me in.

Just booked my hamilton ticket so if any of yas are gan and would like to meet up before the game gives a shout and we could put some faces to names and discuss this central supporters club