Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v Aberdeen 29/08
What are peoples thoughts for Sunday?

I wouldn't be surprised if he kept the same team, as last week was better. 

Personally I'd be tempted to put Maynard-Brewer in, don't understand why we'd bring in a keeper and not play them. I also though Laidlaw made a couple of mistakes v Rangers which probably outweighed the good things he did.

expectations: A hard fought point

I think we'll suffer a narrow defeat. We've kept things mostly solid but our defence is still very, very error prone.

No away fans allowed for the game, just in case anyone was going to rock up on chance.

Winnable game, we have a decent squad now, assuming the new CH is a leader and we sort out left back. Looking forward to watching on Red tv, hopefully with home commentary.

(08-27-2021, 10:10 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: No away fans allowed for the game, just in case anyone was going to rock up on chance.

Yes, extremely poor from Aberdeen. They're rehousing season ticket holders displaced from the red zone in the Main Stand to the away section in the South Stand. Yet somehow they can still do a big marketing push to sell reduced price general sale tickets and give away another 1,000 tickets for free. It's abundantly clear excluding our small away support under the excuse of covid restrictions is a convenient thing for them to do rather than a necessity.

Under SPFL rules, both clubs have to agree on the away allocation. I hope County have made representations after presumably being duped by Aberdeen's bullshit excuses.

Has anybody figured how to buy access for today's game, there doesn't seem to be that option available on Red TV?

(08-29-2021, 02:08 PM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: Has anybody figured how to buy access for today's game, there doesn't seem to be that option available on Red TV?

Ross County TV

(08-29-2021, 02:12 PM)MOGO Wrote: Ross County TV
Tried that "event not available to season ticket holders" and no option to purchase that I can see!

Red tv PPV

Then once you’ve paid you can choose away team video and you get the RCFC stream

(08-29-2021, 02:42 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Red tv PPV

Then once you’ve paid you can choose away team video and you get the RCFC stream
Got it thanks - I was trying Red TV as opposed to Red TV PPV!

That commentary on redtv is shockingly bad, it's so boring it's almost sleep inducing.

Pretty funny hearing the fans booing their team off at HT.

(08-29-2021, 02:47 PM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: Got it thanks - I was trying Red TV as opposed to Red TV PPV!

Glad you are now watching.
I’ll happily take 1-0 for County at 90 full time.
Under the cosh a bit, however we do look ok on the break.
We have to keep it simple, no giving away silly lose balls, throw ins, must reach our own players.
Positives, the crosses from the corners were good, several whipped into the right place, think it was just the one that Lewis plucked out with no pressure.
Good to see decent crossing from both sides.
Well done to RCG for sticking the ball into Aberdeen net.
Harry looks comfortable.
We do need a left back!
3 points please!

Very good team performance . Callachan was immense. What a player . Absolute howler from Laidlaw for the equaliser . Unacceptable at this level. These calamities are regular and we need our other keeper in now!)

(08-29-2021, 04:01 PM)Sensible Soccer Wrote: That commentary on redtv is shockingly bad, it's so boring it's almost sleep inducing.

Pretty funny hearing the fans booing their team off at HT.

The Old Firm one earlier today was worse.

Now then!
Before anyone starts slating the keeper, yes the lad should have held it or done better.
 But! We have to get tackles in where necessary, half hearted diving in.
Stay on the feet and use your body and then get the tackle in at the right time.
We never adjusted properly when Hayes came on, allowed them too much space on the right.(again)
A few decent shows from the players today.
Just have to be more street wise, stop the sloppy passes.

Could only tune in on radio but sounded like we gave a great performance and id have taken a draw before hand no questions asked

Clarke and Paton sounded like our stand out performers but maybe someone who watched it could cast a better judgement on that

happy to see Charles cook score I admittedly do like him as a player unlike what seems to be the majority of our fan base

Laidlaw was great for us last season but I think possibly one more blunder and it’d be time to see Maynard brewers who is highly rated by all accounts

was nice to hear kettlewell on the radio talking us up and several of the players , no bitterness from him at all was refreshing to see as usually most people hold grudges these days! He goes down as a staggies legend for me

Absolute howler from Laidlaw.

(08-29-2021, 04:57 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Very good team performance . Callachan was immense. What a player . Absolute howler from Laidlaw for the equaliser . Unacceptable at this level. These calamities are regular and we need our other keeper in now!)
True,an absolute howler, but in saying that we should have been out of sight by then,RCC and Callaghan  (twice) should have scored, three chances with only the keeper to beat.

(08-27-2021, 10:25 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Yes, extremely poor from Aberdeen. They're rehousing season ticket holders displaced from the red zone in the Main Stand to the away section in the South Stand. Yet somehow they can still do a big marketing push to sell reduced price general sale tickets and give away another 1,000 tickets for free. It's abundantly clear excluding our small away support under the excuse of covid restrictions is a convenient thing for them to do rather than a necessity.

Under SPFL rules, both clubs have to agree on the away allocation. I hope County have made representations after presumably being duped by Aberdeen's bullshit excuses.
Malky touched on that in his interview,having a sly dig that it was a shame no County fans were there,with all the empty seats in the stadium.

(08-30-2021, 07:23 PM)tattiedave Wrote: True,an absolute howler, but in saying that we should have been out of sight by then,RCC and Callaghan  (twice) should have scored, three chances with only the keeper to beat.

Malky touched on that in his interview,having a sly dig that it was a shame no County fans were there,with all the empty seats in the stadium.

Spot in again Tattie.
Yes, the keeper made a mistake, and  he gets slaughtered.
Your points regarding our misses in front of goal are valid.
We have to remember it is a team game, strikers should score and defenders should defend, but! when it’s backs to the wall, they all have to play their part, and that includes protecting their keeper and goal.
As I pointed out in earlier post, you can’t allow the opposing team to just waltz past, get tackles in and stop the attack.
For what it’s worth, watching Match Of The Day, some players costing tens of millions are producing howlers every week in the top English Leagues, and a certain OF keeper had one last week.
After all that , I was quite pleased with the overall team performance, much improved.
A poster mentioned listening to the radio that Paton was hailed as one of our better performers ? not sure which Paton, but in my opinion neither were anywhere close to the best performers.
Perhaps the Radio Commentators had no access to viewing the game with their eyes?
  Tongue

I though we did well, rode our luck at times but could certainly have been further ahead too.
I thought RCC took his goal very well, stayed calm and picked his spot.
The keeper needs to make the talking points about his saves and not his errors, There is more school boy stuff rather than worldies right now.
Regarding the Paton's, I think the younger brother is better from what we've seen. He's coped quite well in an unfamiliar position, Harry I'm really not sure about, he's off the pace and as a result commits lots of fouls, also missed his tackle in the build up to the goal.
In balance a fair point, disappointing obviously to drop 2 right at the end but we always knew the start would be tough.
I remain very positive, and when we beat Celtic we'll only be a point behind them Smile

Thought we did mostly okay, Clarke looks a gem and Callachan and White put in massive shifts. Big improvment from RCC as well.

Awful mistake from Laidlaw and that sums up why we're a bottom six side. Too many of the senior players keep making schoolboy errors, too often.

However we are looking considerably better than last season under Ketts.