Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rangers vs County
No thread for the game tomorrow- probably the toughest game in the league right now. We'll need a huge performance to get anything.

Randall down the left again please.

A similar team to last week although I’d be tempted to bring in an extra defender (Watson) and possibly draper and/or Stewart if the latter is fit , something like this

Laidlaw
Naismith Watson Morris iacovitti Randall
Stewart Draper Lakin Hylton
Shaw

In my opinion this would give us the best of both 5 defenders but then also 3 attackers in Stewart shaw and Hylton , in reality though I think Stewart won’t start and it’ll be another centre mid probably Paton or vigurs

It would make my year if we managed to beat that shower of ***** tomorrow.

Might as well go with the same team as V's Aberdeen, counter attack is likely to be where we'll get most joy. Even if Stewart is fit, I'd personally keep him on the bench. Fairly sure JH will pop him in, probably at the expense of RCC.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

22/1 tomorrow we are due to beat them sometime. They are scraping home in their last games it could be our day...

(01-22-2021, 11:08 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: A similar team to last week although I’d be tempted to bring in an extra defender (Watson) and possibly draper and/or Stewart if the latter is fit , something like this

Laidlaw
Naismith Watson Morris iacovitti Randall
Stewart Draper Lakin Hylton
Shaw
Dropping Paton !?

(01-22-2021, 09:05 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Dropping Paton !?

very harsh I know but personally prefer Lakin

5-0.

Really could have been eight or nine, despite us having several decent chances.

Not sure Rangers knew they were in a game yesterday...

We certainly did

I think we gave them too much respect to be honest. We set up all defence expecting maybe even inviting a deluge and they didn’t disappoint.

Rangers were outstanding to be fair but there were a couple of glimpses at the start of the second half that had we gone for it a bit more we might have had a slightly more even result.

I don’t expect many, if any, to beat Rangers this season now so this game certainly doesn’t define our season but I hope we go back to getting in our opponents face like we did against Aberdeen.

Same setup as against Aberdeen please with hopefully Ross Stewart making his comeback. I think perhaps that’s why he didn’t play yesterday. Motherwell need to know they have been in a game ......

(01-24-2021, 10:19 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Not sure Rangers knew they were in a game yesterday...

We certainly did

I think we gave them too much respect to be honest. We set up all defence expecting maybe even inviting a deluge and they didn’t disappoint.

Rangers were outstanding to be fair but there were a couple of glimpses at the start of the second half that had we gone for it a bit more we might have had a slightly more even result.

I don’t expect many, if any, to beat Rangers this season now so this game certainly doesn’t define our season but I hope we go back to getting in our opponents face like we did against Aberdeen.

Same setup as against Aberdeen please with hopefully Ross Stewart making his comeback. I think perhaps that’s why he didn’t play yesterday. Motherwell need to know they have been in a game ......
Ouch! That was a hard watch.
Don’t know about giving them too much respect,but we gave them three free headers,two from set pieces, which resulted in goals.Lakin showed Aribo inside on to his strong left, his right leg is only for standing on,for the third goal.
Yes Rangers were good,but we did make it too easy for them.
Motherwell midweek ,let’s hope we bounce back from this.
Our goal difference took a kicking yesterday after recovering against Aberdeen ,who knows how crucial that will be at the end of the season

(01-24-2021, 11:51 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Motherwell midweek ,let’s hope we bounce back from this.
Our goal difference took a kicking yesterday after recovering against Aberdeen ,who knows how crucial that will be at the end of the season

This.

Would have been sensational had we taken something from Saturday's game, but games against them are not where our season will be defined.

Motherwell looked to have had a bit of a bounce from the GA appointment but probably took a knock in that Aberdeen game. Make no mistake about it, this game on Wednesday is MASSIVE. Hamilton to come as well, these two games are a big opportunity to put some breathing space between us and 12th.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)