Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winter 2021 transfer window
(01-08-2021, 02:27 PM)MOGO Wrote: Thanks for update Tattie.
I can’t be bothered reading all the Government sites to try and understand who we can and can’t sign.
Earlier post on this thread suggested, we had almost certainly signed our last overseas player!
I take it that Mohammed-Labid Maouche does not fall into that category? as he previously played football in the UK.
Or can Scottish clubs just keep signing overseas players?
Regardless, hope they can improve the football and get us up the table.
Be nice if John Hughes could prove all the doubters wrong.
Hi Mogo,  I don’t have a clue regarding rules on signing players from the EU. Maouche hasn't played since May, so I don’t know if he has been in France or still in England.
If Hughes proves the doubters wrong, then that will do for me as it will mean he has been a success.
(Btw I remember you called it spot on a few months back)!

Never sure about bringing in players who have no experience of Scottish football when they have to be thrown into a relegation battle.
Hopefully Yogi knows more about him but would like to see a goalscorer come in. We've not been too bad at making chances but just now we struggle to convert them.

Going to trust Yogi's judgement for now. He's had enough time sitting at home watching football hopefully.

(01-08-2021, 02:27 PM)MOGO Wrote: Earlier post on this thread suggested, we had almost certainly signed our last overseas player!

You've misquoted (and perhaps misunderstood) me
I was referring to players based overseas coming over to sign for us- I thought I'd made that perfectly obvious with the examples I gave. You've answered your own question in terms of Andreu and Maouche being UK based

As for the players themselves, I've no prior knowledge of Maouche to be able to make a judgement on him. Andreu, on the other hand, has mustered 3 goals in 45 appearances in the top flight over the last 2 seasons- 1 of them being from a particularly infamous LaidLOL blunder. Difficult to see a role for him in the 4-1-4-1 Hughes has mostly used so far, too. We'll see
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Ross Doohan on Celtic bench tonight. Are there 2 of them?

He's been recalled.

So we're a keeper light as well now.

(01-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Diotor Wrote: He's been recalled.

So we're a keeper light as well now.
Guess he wasn't getting enough game time and Yogi is not great at bringing through youngststers, relying on experience.

I’d have Ross Munro as no2 for the rest of the season if it means getting another player in now as Opposed to a goalie.
Imo laidlaw has been decent enough this season and don’t see a real need to drop him

(01-12-2021, 06:45 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I’d have Ross Munro as no2 for the rest of the season if it means getting another player in now as Opposed to a goalie.
Imo laidlaw has been decent enough this season and don’t see a real need to drop him

You've got very low standards/expectations for a top flight keeper if you think Laidlaw has been "decent enough". He's simply not good enough for this level
A lot of his issues this season perhaps aren't obvious to the untrained eye the way some of his howlers last season were, but he's absolutely cost us goals and points this season. The 1st goal v Hamilton is a good example- it's not one for the blooper reels, but he's too slow to get down to a shot a top flight keeper really should get to- Aberdeen's 1st goal in both our games v them so far being 2 more
We need a significantly better keeper if we're to have any chance of staying up, and Geordie certainly isn't the answer based on his performances for us and Raith so far. Look at the impact Hladky had at St Midden when introduced mid-season a couple of years ago- that's the standard of keeper we need
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Laidlaw isn't good enough to be a first choice keeper in the top flight. He's a decent back up, that's it. He's similar in some respects to Scott Fox that hitting shots low and to his near post is almost certainly a way to a goal.

Jackson Irvine signed for Hibs for rest of season. ☹️

Boy could we have done with him.

Laidlaw needs to learn to catch the ball rather than punching it.

Maybe should’ve worded my original post differently but I meant I’d rather players in other positions like left back , centre back , winger and striker before goalie , I agree though laidlaw does need replaced soon just maybe not top priority *cough* Donaldson *cough*

"Ross County running rule over midfielders Sam Stanton and David Cancola" in P&J.

Have read somewhere else that Stanton can play in defence, too, but how many CM's are we going to sign? Surely the question must have been at least asked to Jackson Irvine?
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Mohamed Maouche has returned to France . Unsure if this is permanent or not.

(01-13-2021, 10:24 AM)central staggie Wrote: "Ross County running rule over midfielders Sam Stanton and David Cancola" in P&J.

Have read somewhere else that Stanton can play in defence, too, but how many CM's are we going to sign? Surely the question must have been at least asked to Jackson Irvine?
I really hope these aren’t the only 2 we are running the rule over , nothing against them but centre midfield isn’t/should’nt be our biggest worry just now

Supposedly we have placed a 6 figure bid on chorley striker Harry cardwell , has played in the Scotland youth teams now 24 years of age hasn’t scored many goals but supposedly tall strong and pacey

(01-13-2021, 04:39 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Supposedly we have placed a 6 figure bid on chorley striker Harry cardwell  , has played in the Scotland youth teams now 24 years of age hasn’t scored many goals but supposedly tall strong and pacey

According to Grimsby's fan forum, he was also soft.

Most of them think he was awful for them but wasn't used properly.

(01-12-2021, 08:09 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Jackson Irvine signed for Hibs for rest of season. ☹️

Boy could we have done with him.

Ach!
Never liked him anyway (aye right) ?
Oh to turn the clock back and have an engine like him in the middle of the team.

(01-13-2021, 04:39 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Supposedly we have placed a 6 figure bid on chorley striker Harry cardwell  , has played in the Scotland youth teams now 24 years of age hasn’t scored many goals but supposedly tall strong and pacey
I’d say Stewart will be away then if this is true .