Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winter 2021 transfer window
The RCFCTV coverage on Saturday gave a big hint that we could be signing new players this week.
Is here any word on who might be coming in or going out?

No idea but in an ideal world a centre back , left back , winger and striker all in please yogi

(01-05-2021, 06:22 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: No idea but in an ideal world a centre back , left back , winger and striker all in please yogi
Must admit that I had thought Donaldson would have been a much better signing than he's been so far. Hope Yogi can remind him that he's a central defender not a midfield play-maker.

We are still absolutely crying out for attacking pace.

That and a LB.

(01-05-2021, 06:12 PM)SGB Wrote: The RCFCTV coverage on Saturday gave a big hint that we could be signing new players this week.
Yogi saying in papers today that one player has changed his mind about coming and it is even more difficult to get players to move up here now due to the lockdown. Getting players from abroad even more difficult now as well.
Getting players on loan is difficult due to teams wanting someone in before anyone goes out.
” Spinning plates” is his phrase regarding it.

Us and Aberdeen looking at Euan Murray, according to rumours.

(01-06-2021, 02:50 PM)Diotor Wrote: Us and Aberdeen looking at Euan Murray, according to rumours.
He has done the rounds.
Relegation threatened County, or Champions League chasing Aberdeen.No brainer it’s got to be County !

(01-06-2021, 08:05 PM)tattiedave Wrote: He has done the rounds.
Relegation threatened County, or Champions League chasing Aberdeen.No brainer it’s got to be County !
Tattie! Spud on! Absolute no brainier , it has to be Dingwall.
After all Dingwall is a Royal Burgh, don’t think Aberdeen is.
And if all goes well, Yogi gets points on the board, the club up the table , he can be the New Lord Dingwall, replacing Andrew Keith! Aka Robbie Coltrane.
?

Would he start for Aberdeen? He may well fancy us to get regular top flight appearances

(01-06-2021, 12:00 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Getting players from abroad even more difficult now as well.

The pandemic notwithstanding, not sure how many people (including Hughes) realise that, unless/until an independent Scotland rejoins the EU, we've almost certainly signed our last overseas-based player. The likes of Schalk, KvdW, Cikos, Ikonomou, Wohlfarth etc would not qualify for the required GBE

Think expectations need to be tempered over how much activity we'll see this month- the club have just announced that a number of staff have been placed on furlough. It's extremely difficult to square that with any significant potential outlay on the playing squad
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(01-06-2021, 11:08 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: The pandemic notwithstanding, not sure how many people (including Hughes) realise that, unless/until an independent Scotland rejoins the EU, we've almost certainly signed our last overseas-based player. The likes of Schalk, KvdW, Cikos, Ikonomou, Wohlfarth etc would not qualify for the required GBE

Think expectations need to be tempered over how much activity we'll see this month- the club have just announced that a number of staff have been placed on furlough. It's extremely difficult to square that with any significant potential outlay on the playing squad
Ok, my expectations are realistic about County’s finances,I was quoting Hughes from the press.
At present, players can still be signed from the EU ,there is no system in place yet ,apart from  the EPL cannot sign EU players under the age of 18.
As for most clubs, finances will be squared by moving players in AND out,to adhere to their budget I would imagine.

Tony andreu signs , attacking mid , previously of st mirren , Hamilton , Livingston , Norwich and Rotherham 32 years old on a deal until the end of the season.

Could be a good signing! Thoughts?

(01-07-2021, 03:10 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Tony andreu signs , attacking mid , previously of st mirren , Hamilton , Livingston , Norwich and Rotherham 32 years old on a deal until the end of the season.

Could be a good signing! Thoughts?

French, albeit UK based.
Used to be decent, we will see.

(01-07-2021, 02:58 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Ok, my expectations are realistic about County’s finances,I was quoting Hughes from the press.
At present, players can still be signed from the EU ,there is no system in place yet ,apart from  the EPL cannot sign EU players under the age of 18.
As for most clubs, finances will be squared by moving players in AND out,to adhere to their budget I would imagine.

I hope you are Spud on Tattie!
Had a quick look, does not appear to be any significant immediate change.
Some sports reporters quoting that it will be easier to sign players from South America.
Just hope the various governments can come to some agreements regarding players.

Maybe cover for Midge if he cops a ban?

(01-07-2021, 03:47 PM)Diotor Wrote: Maybe cover for Midge if he cops a ban?
Or a replacement for Stewart if he goes in January. Underwhelming!

(01-07-2021, 03:47 PM)Diotor Wrote: Maybe cover for Midge if he cops a ban?
Midge isn’t getting a start every week.
Taking players in for cover at this stage of the season wouldn’t make sense to me, we need players straight in to do a job for us, not as back up for players who have got us in to this position, and that is not solely aimed at Midge.

(01-05-2021, 06:12 PM)SGB Wrote: The RCFCTV coverage on Saturday gave a big hint that we could be signing new players this week.
There is a player at Livingstone who could do a job for us, good at set pieces,puts in a sweet cross,and chips in with goals,not sure if he is available though, if memory serves me right, his name is Josh Mullin.

Just signed Mohammed-Labid Maouche 27 year old who was released by Oldham at the end of2019-20 season.
Hasnt had a club until today. Midfielder ,won’t be available for Livy game pending international clearance and isolation for COVID.

(01-08-2021, 02:05 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Just signed Mohammed-Labid Maouche 27 year old who was released by Oldham at the end of2019-20 season.
Hasnt had a club until today. Midfielder ,won’t be available for Livy game pending international clearance and isolation for COVID.

Thanks for update Tattie.
I can’t be bothered reading all the Government sites to try and understand who we can and can’t sign.
Earlier post on this thread suggested, we had almost certainly signed our last overseas player!
I take it that Mohammed-Labid Maouche does not fall into that category? as he previously played football in the UK.
Or can Scottish clubs just keep signing overseas players?
Regardless, hope they can improve the football and get us up the table.
Be nice if John Hughes could prove all the doubters wrong.

Didn’t expect us to be signing two midfielders but there you go all the best to Mohamed hopefully he’s the player we need