Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Johnstone 2nd January
Another big game st Johnstone are struggling and we should have a newfound confidence after that magnificent victory over hibs. I’d keep the team unchanged but Naismith , draper and Reid will all be champing at the bit to get in the team id imagine!

2-1 county I will go for, fingers crossed

St. Johnstone have generally absolutely battered us in games since we've come back into the top flight but we seem to have been able to get results against them even when playing utter guff.

I'll take a 1-0 win. Oli Shaw to keep up the scoring streak.

Hopefully a bit of confidence restored, no reason we can't go on and get a win today (maybe!)

(01-02-2021, 09:24 AM)Diotor Wrote: St. Johnstone have generally absolutely battered us in games since we've come back into the top flight but we seem to have been able to get results against them even when playing utter guff.

I'll take a 1-0 win. Oli Shaw to keep up the scoring streak.
good strong start to game but hope vigurs is pulled now at HT he is far to negative slowing the forward movement and has been booked again we need 11 on the park

High time Vigurs gets dropped. Booked so early puts himself under pressure. Donaldson also needs to be binned . A half decent player would have cleared for a throw or corner and re-group instead of putting teammate under pressure.

FT 1–1 not a bad point, commentary team mentioned there may be signings this week which is good as we had no recognised left back today (although Lakin did ok) and Donaldson once again demonstrated why he shouldn’t be starting

Considering from after we gave away a penalty until the last five minutes I'll take a point. First twenty minutes were very pleasing and the two good stops from Clark stopped us from taking all three points.

Typical that Accies did an Accies this week and utterly scudded Motherwell.

Stupid decision by Donaldson to pass the ball into the box before the penalty, hope yogi gave him the hairdryer treatment and drops him, far too much of a liability and it dropped us from 9th to bottom

St Johnstone will once again (justifiably) feel aggrieved at not taking all 3 points from us, although they don't exactly help themselves by starting Chris Kane upfront
No little sense of trepidation over who Hughes might seek to bring in this month. A new LB to bridge the gap between the inexperienced (Reid) and decrepit (Tremarco) would be prudent- as accomplished as Lakin (wouldn't mind seeing him at 6 when Vigurs gets dropped/suspended, as is surely imminent) was there, it's worth noting that O'Halloran is a pale shadow of the player he once was
The switch to 4-1-4-1 has certainly brought more out of Hylton and Shaw, and Paton's looked reasonable in his new role- there's not an obvious role for Stewart there when he's available again, though....
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Donaldson is and has been costing us points all season, guys a total bombscare.

(01-03-2021, 11:21 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Donaldson is and has been costing us points all season, guys a total bombscare.
Don’t like criticising players,but I do get nervous any time he has the ball at his feet.Teams now pressurising Vigurs as well ,immediately resulting in losing possession or him picking up a booking.

(01-03-2021, 01:27 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Don’t like criticising players,but I do get nervous any time he has the ball at his feet.Teams now pressurising Vigurs as well ,immediately resulting in losing possession or him picking up a booking.
Quite right Davie!
It is so easy to criticise players, in Donaldsons case, he made an error of judgment, hopefully John Hughes will help to rectify these sort of errors.
Signs of improvement in the team, add a few new recruits during the window and hopefully move off the bottom.
Not sure how Saint Johnstone would feel aggrieved? thought County were just about equal on the day, and  some good goalkeeping from Saints keeper near the end kept them in the game.
Going back to the Hibs game, again we have the snipers saying Hibs were poor, aye! only as poor as County allowed them to be, so a bit of credit where it’s due.
Worth watching the first goal again, throw out from the keeper, five passes and then into the Hibs net.
In Yogi we trust.

(01-03-2021, 01:42 PM)MOGO Wrote: In Yogi we trust.

Nope.

(01-03-2021, 06:18 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Nope.
Maybes Aye Maybes No

Donaldson is just not a good player.

Vigurs is however, I believe his legs are gone, he can't chase the ball down, he has great vision and an excellent touch. But teams have alerted themselves to the fact he can't run and are exploiting that .

Need a couple of bodies in. I believe Jackson is twiddling his thumbs nowadays, wonder of he could be tempted ?