Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Livingston in the cup
(12-16-2020, 11:38 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Despite the result, we played ok in spells tonight. Unfortunately, we don't offer much of an attacking threat. We're too slow in going forward, taking throw ins and free kicks. By the time we get our brains in gear, teams are set up and organised. Is that coaching or a lack of ability, I fear it's the latter. That's only the problems going forward, I can't bring myself to think about the defending tonight.

Despite saying this, I'm confident that we'll get 3pts this Saturday. Can't say why, it's probably because I genuinely believe that Hamilton are worse than us. I'll go 2-1 with Stewart scoring a double, a penalty and finally getting one from open play. Not 1 up front on Saturday Ketts!
got to agree with most of that yes we played ok in spells again but as you say we have been to slow going forward at free kicks and throw ins there is just no aggression there cant agree with it being the players they have been told this is the way we do it here coaching to blame 100% 
As much as i like Ketts i now think its time for a change we have been hearing the usual excuses for months now but nothing else has changed  as for the Hamilton game unlike last night when i predicted 3 1 COUNTY Win Rolleyes Saturday will see us overrun by a team who give 120% from the first second and are prepared to have a go at anyone another 4  0 thrashing

(12-17-2020, 12:23 PM)county AML Wrote: got to agree with most of that yes we played ok in spells again but as you say we have been to slow going forward at free kicks and throw ins there is just no aggression there cant agree with it being the players they have been told this is the way we do it here coaching to blame 100% 
As much as i like Ketts i now think its time for a change we have been hearing the usual excuses for months now but nothing else has changed  as for the Hamilton game unlike last night when i predicted 3 1 COUNTY Win Rolleyes Saturday will see us overrun by a team who give 120% from the first second and are prepared to have a go at anyone another 4  0 thrashing

Example of poor thinking. We have a free kick 30 yds out towards touchline.  Two standover the ball. Why? That's one man wasted who could be occupying a more dangerous position or drawing an opponent.
And  why didn't Morris just put it ut for a corner instead of setting up Forrest for the goal?
Best bit was the return of Ross Draper. At least he imposes himself.
Worst bit- seeing Josh Mullin make those seemingly impossible crosses.

Dreadful performance, once again. The cup wasn't a priority but with Rangers also going out there was a glimmer of a chance of some silverware- not that I'd expect we could beat Hibs this time.