Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Aberdeen Away
Seems strange for me to start another thread what has happened to the banter on here thanks to club TV I have not missed a single game this season home or away and assume most will be the same so why so quiet 
Anyway now for the question 
Thoughts on tomorrows set up should we do the normal sit in our own half and try hitting on the break or should we try going for it from the start 
my personal opinion is to go for it Aberdeen are of the boil at the moment and we are due a bit of luck

(12-11-2020, 09:24 PM)county AML Wrote: Seems strange for me to start another thread what has happened to the banter on here thanks to club TV I have not missed a single game this season home or away and assume most will be the same so why so quiet 
Anyway now for the question 
Thoughts on tomorrows set up should we do the normal sit in our own half and try hitting on the break or should we try going for it from the start 
my personal opinion is to go for it Aberdeen are of the boil at the moment and we are due a bit of luck

Yep, things are pretty dead on here at the moment.  Not sure why.

We should probably do the normal against Aberdeen, although clubs know that and can plan accordingly. Hopefully Naismith can start, and organise our defence.  

Fingers crossed, but more in hope than anything else.

(12-12-2020, 10:39 AM)cdam Wrote: Yep, things are pretty dead on here at the moment.  Not sure why.

We should probably do the normal against Aberdeen, although clubs know that and can plan accordingly. Hopefully Naismith can start, and organise our defence.  

Fingers crossed, but more in hope than anything else.
Naismith can't play until January, all he can do for the time being is train with the squad. 
A win today would be great but given we're on the road, would take a point, particularly if Aberdeen score first.  We could do with teams round about us dropping points too!

Half time and nothing going our way so far. Sounds like another typical Saturday.

(12-12-2020, 04:51 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Half time and nothing going our way so far. Sounds like another typical Saturday.
Home game next Saturday against Hamilton. Must be a home win or we are relegated. Played most of the top sides now so no excuses. Run of wins. Mon mun

(12-12-2020, 04:51 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: Half time and nothing going our way so far. Sounds like another typical Saturday.
yes as expected sat back in our own half again and tried to hit on the break sorry but we are far to slow going forward for that to work and everyone knows it playing 5 4 1 is not football its capitulation before a ball is kicked and clearly tells you what the manager thinks about his team same old excuses after the game not sharp enough in front of goal etc really tired of hearing that now try attacking for once you dont win games standing in your own half

Why is everyone so critical on here? We're in every game we play. It's not a 4 5 1. It's a 3 5 1 1 with wing backs. If Ross had taken that glorious chance 1 minute before Aberdeen went up the park and scored their 2nd it would have been a different result, we may even have gone on and won the game. Fine margins. And before I'm labelled as a happy clapper, I watched the game and we played far better in the 2nd half. Aberdeen are a good team. If we play like that against Hamilton we'll get 3 points.
No problem with people having a go at the team when they're pointing out the facts, for example "we were [censored] against 10man Killie", but not having a go for the sake of it with no basis to their arguments.

Didn't think Aberdeen were much better than us. We had 2 great and 2 half decent chances. Ross Stewart is a very good player but if he took his chances he would be worth a fortune. If he can take 50% of the chances he's presented with we won't get relegated.

(12-13-2020, 11:46 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Why is everyone so critical on here? We're in every game we play. It's not a 4 5 1. It's a 3 5 1 1 with wing backs. If Ross had taken that glorious chance 1 minute before Aberdeen went up the park and scored their 2nd it would have been a different result, we may even have gone on and won the game. Fine margins. And before I'm labelled as a happy clapper, I watched the game and we played far better in the 2nd half. Aberdeen are a good team. If we play like that against Hamilton we'll get 3 points.
No problem with people having a go at the team when they're pointing out the facts, for example "we were [censored] against 10man Killie", but not having a go for the sake of it with no basis to their arguments.
It is fine margins but after the first 6 games the fine margins are not good enough or in our favour. Its OK if you are 3-0 up but as last season always chasing the game. We are almost 100% behind by a goal or two. Play great but always short. I think we have players of quality than can stay in league but need a run of no losses to build confidence.

Aberdeen were the better of one average and let’s be honest one below average teams.
They scored we didn’t hence the major difference.
So far this season, individual errors are so costly at both ends of the park, Donaldson is so frustrating as he can be outstanding and then makes mistakes like miss kicks ( 1stgoal) and poor marking ( second one) his passing accuracy also is seriously, seriously poor.
At the other end Stewart, our best player, is equally frustrating in other ways - lost confidence in front of goal and by working so hard to make up he is often not in the box when he should be. His time will come and hopefully once he gets one from open play the floodgates will open.
Hopefully one of these days both will shine for 90 minutes and we will get wins on the card.

Two huge games on the horizon ( Hamilton and St Mirren) where we have to be positive in our chances and Celtic where to be realistic we have little to no chance and Hibs were only a full team playing at their best will have a chance.

It is a major concern the number of injuries we now have. The defence is almost decimated ( Grivosti, Randall, Watson, Iacovetti, Tremarco) and other big players like Shaw, Draper, Lakin are also out. The squad Kettelwell has to work with is getting less by the week so it really cannot be easy for him. Hope the Academy boys can help out here, it would be a great opportunity maybe in the cup game.

I didn’t feel there was enough effort from every player on Saturday, that can’t be allowed to be the case on Saturday (Hamilton) and the following Saturday (St Mirren). Some guys really need to pull their socks up and focus - if they don’t know who they are they just need to look at the scoring on the BBC App at the end of the match report, enough said.

(12-13-2020, 11:46 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Why is everyone so critical on here? 

I'm not entirely sure, but I imagine it's because we've not won in nine league games, and have generally looked rotten in most games.

Kettlewell is out of his depth, a win against a Celtic side who are a complete basket case doesn't change that. He needs to go.

(12-14-2020, 12:24 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: I'm not entirely sure, but I imagine it's because we've not won in nine league games, and have generally looked rotten in most games.

Kettlewell is out of his depth, a win against a Celtic side who are a complete basket case doesn't change that. He needs to go.
A simplistic view for sure.
If Ketts was removed from his post, not something I want to see, who do you think could improve our situation?

I think people have a right to be critical when we are bottom of the league with a GD of -22.

However, having said that, would a change of manager help at this stage? I dont think so. MacGregor has a long history of giving failing managers the window to improve their squad and I dont think it will change.

I think we showed Aberdeen way too much respect with a 451 formation. Its not like they've been steamrolling teams this year. Fair enough against the OF, but the Dons are a lot more beatable. What we need is boys back from injury, with Draper available and our first pick back 4 I don't think we would concede anywhere near as many goals as we do. Naismith will help matters.

(12-14-2020, 11:02 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: A simplistic view for sure.
If Ketts was removed from his post, not something I want to see, who do you think could improve our situation?

I think things have deteriorated a bit since Ferguson left as co manager to be replaced by Brittain. I think Ferguson may be the short term answer, should Kettlewell be relieved of his duties, to avoiding relegation. However, I also think Kettelwell needs a strong, experienced and competent No.2 and this option may be the answer.

(12-14-2020, 11:02 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: A simplistic view for sure.

We score on average 0.59 goals per league game, whilst we concede 1.88 (that's a goal every 48 minutes)

xG wise we rank lowest in the league

Why is that? Poor players? Poor management? A mixture of both?

Recruitment throughout Kettlewell (and Ferguson) tenure has been pretty abysmal, yet to be expected when our transfer policy consists of looking over the bridge. 

Given the money we've thrown at certain players, Tommy Wright would be a massive improvement. 

A loss this weekend is inexcusable, and should result in a sacking.

We're going to beat Hamilton this weekend. St mirren will be tougher, I'd take a draw. 4pts minimum.

Tommy Wright is a good manager but I'm doubtful we could get him. IF Ketts can't turn it around, I really hope he can, I'd be well behind Tommy Wright being his replacement.

Wouldn't mind seeing a more connected manager coming in as a head of recruitment role and also someone for Ketts to lean on and bounce things off. Would Tommy Wright do that or can anyone think of someone who could fulfill that role?

Terry Butcher????

jamiepscot Wrote:We're going to beat Hamilton this weekend. St mirren will be tougher, I'd take a draw. 4pts minimum.

Tommy Wright is a good manager but I'm doubtful we could get him. IF Ketts can't turn it around, I really hope he can, I'd be well behind Tommy Wright being his replacement.

Wouldn't mind seeing a more connected manager coming in as a head of recruitment role and also someone for Ketts to lean on and bounce things off. Would Tommy Wright do that or can anyone think of someone who could fulfill that role?

Terry Butcher????

Tommy Wright coming in would mark the end for Ritchie Brittain, he spat the dummy out big style when Ritchie signed a contract to sign for st johnstone, Then backed out of it albeit for a genuine and right reason.

Certainly not opposed to the whole jobs for the boys mentality being broken up.