Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fixtures
after watching yet another defeat i checked the fixtures for Nov / Dec and there is some good news if we can somehow manage a draw against Hamilton and St Mirren both games at home then we wont be bottom this year roll on 2021 it can only get better

(11-21-2020, 07:04 PM)county AML Wrote: after watching yet another defeat i checked the fixtures for Nov / Dec and there is some good news if we can somehow manage a draw against Hamilton and St Mirren both games at home then we wont be bottom this year roll on 2021 it can only get better
Some serious questions now have to be asked regarding the management! That result against 10 men for 82 minutes is totally unacceptable. There is a concerning lack of organisation and quality.

Now is the time to remove kettlewell from his post, he’s been a tremendous player for us as we’ve come through the leagues but sadly he is out of his depth, performances and results over the past 18 months have been pretty awful, defensively we are awful and attacking wise we offer very little, player recruitment has been questionable to say the least (departure of mullin) and now we have little options in the wide areas, the longer he remains as manager the less of a chance of survival we have

With Celtic spilling points every game i think there will likely be two vacancies in next few weeks. Maybe three if Hamilton flinch. The management merry-go-round will kick into action.

Whom would County go for? I think it needs experience to get the squad firing. I think the squad can do it. An old head will keep us in the league.

I also think Jackson Irvine is without club. Wonder if he would come back for the season?

Time up for Ketts I'm afraid. Time for an experienced manager to get the best out of a very good squad.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Fine lines - had we taken our chances, and there were several especially two absolute stonewall chances for Ross Stewart we would be saying different things today. Actually we would probably be saying nothing at all as this forum, like our team at the moment seems to be on its knees. Whether it’s because we can’t get to see things live that has dulled interest I don’t know but the apathy being shown currently is deafening.

Cutting edge up front, standard of dead ball delivery, concentration in defence, individual errors and a raft of injuries are just some of the areas which are defeating the manager although most of these are outwith his control. He has, of course, ultimately, to carry the can and undoubtedly some of his decisions have been dubious but you do have to feel for him as his heart is in it.

If he is to be replaced, I like the understanding of our team and the game in general that Steven Craigan has - a wildcard option?

Kettlewell gets totally torn into the team here!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55031162

I’d like to see terry butcher get it if ketts is to go

(11-22-2020, 03:03 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I’d like to see terry butcher get it if ketts is to go
do not think Ketts will be going anywhere soon but slgging off the team is wearing thin tactics  need to change more pace going forward required we have the players to do this at the moment we seem to get to midfield and just kick it about in circles instead of putting the early ball forward

Kettlewell talks too much and talks too fast.

If the player's were to show half the fight Ketts has we'd be alright. They really need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror after Saturday, I mean last Saturday v Killie but any Saturday would do.
I'm not wanting to see Ketts lose his job, he'll come good and is County through and through.

(11-25-2020, 03:46 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: If the player's were to show half the fight Ketts has we'd be alright. They really need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror after Saturday, I mean last Saturday v Killie but any Saturday would do.
I'm not wanting to see Ketts lose his job, he'll come good and is County through and through.
agreed i do not think anyone could question Ketts  commitment to the club but half that effort by the team will do fine dont really want to see the Ketts classic  I/E on as a sub 50 mins sent off 53 mins Oh for the days when men played the game none of this he anticipated the contact so was entitled to go down i remember when that was called diving and was  a booking offence

jamiepscot Wrote:If the player's were to show half the fight Ketts has we'd be alright. They really need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror after Saturday, I mean last Saturday v Killie but any Saturday would do.
100% agree - this is an unprecedented year and his first attempt at managing the first team on his own,  these things unfortunately take time - I wouldn't say a lot of our players have set the heather alight - empty stadiums won't be helping as there is nobody berating them if they are coasting through a game.....

Also, we are not in the best place financially and Kett's is having to work under those constraints - I'm sure we'll pick up the points we need to remain in the top flight - but everyone has to battle for this together!

county AML Wrote:agreed i do not think anyone could question Ketts  commitment to the club but half that effort by the team will do fine dont really want to see the Ketts classic  I/E on as a sub 50 mins sent off 53 mins Oh for the days when men played the game none of this he anticipated the contact so was entitled to go down i remember when that was called diving and was  a booking offence
The top flight is getting harder and harder to remain in as a smaller club - all clubs including those with larger fan bases are all struggling this year - Rangers suffering a £15m loss,  our losses will also be hefty so it's not time to start chopping and changing things for me - at the moment everyone needs to rally together and get through this horrible year and look to a brighter 2021!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Team to face celtic today

Laidlaw
Watson
Morris
Donaldson
Iacovitti
Reid
Kelly
Vigurs
Lakin
Paton
Stewart

ETA half time and it’s 1-0 county!! Stewart penalty, fingers crossed we can hang in there

Ketts for manager of the month award?????

Great defending and counter attacking play , delighted!!

Keeps up our superiority over the tims in cup games in Glasgow
Absolute brilliant result bring on the gers !

As I’ve said before - fine lines. This week Ketts and the team are heroes, and rightly so, but had Celtic scored rather than missed a couple of glaring chances all the hard work may have been in vain.

I thought that Stuart Kettelwell spoke very well, before and after the game yesterday and has been down to earth in his interviews. I do believe an if we can get on the right side of the aforementioned fine lines we will do ok this season, not top six but not bottom two either. The main worry is another two injuries picked up to add to an already big list.

Let’s see how things pan out on Saturday-unlike Celtic, Rangers are flying right now - it will be an interesting challenge!

(11-30-2020, 11:47 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: As I’ve said before - fine lines. This week Ketts and the team are heroes, and rightly so, but had Celtic scored rather than missed a couple of glaring chances  all the hard work may have been in vain.

I thought that Stuart Kettelwell  spoke very well, before and after the game yesterday and has been down to earth in his interviews. I do believe an if we can get on the right side of the aforementioned fine lines we will do ok this season, not top six but not bottom two either. The main worry is another two injuries picked up to add to an already big list.

Let’s see how things pan out on Saturday-unlike Celtic, Rangers are flying right now - it will be an interesting challenge!
next big test Sunday does anyone know if fans will be allowed in if so how many and when will we be told the silence from the club is  Deafening

(, 02:30 PM)county AML Wrote: next big test Sunday does anyone know if fans will be allowed in if so how many and when will we be told the silence from the club is  Deafening

The club made an announcement a week ago yesterday.....https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news-items/ross-county-v-rangers