Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Livi game WITH FANS
As usual it's pretty dead in here but we've got Livingston at home on Friday, and we're allowed fans in again, albeit only 300 but it's more than most. 

I was offered a ticket for the last trial game but couldn't go, hopefully I'll be lucky this time too.

(11-04-2020, 10:00 PM)frankthetank Wrote: As usual it's pretty dead in here but we've got Livingston at home on Friday, and we're allowed fans in again, albeit only 300 but it's more than most. 

I was offered a ticket for the last trial game but couldn't go, hopefully I'll be lucky this time too.
I got my message earlier this evening with the offer of a place - really delighted even my kids have all said they'll come (also season ticket holders but often a struggle to get them to go in winter)

Let's hope our 300 hundred fans enjoy the game and get a crucial win. This is a must win game for us. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I never got a ticket again, unfortunately, but I hope the people that did are allowed to make a little noise.
I think Ross County should be emailing all season ticket holders explaining what the process for choosing who is successful in these ballots and also informing people who haven't been successful.
And contrary to Frank's original post, I think if you were successful last time you shouldn't even be in the draw the next time, whether you made it or not.
Despite this sounding like sour grapes, I'm happy for the lucky ones and hope County give them something to cheer for and not lament the fact they won a golden ticket in the 1st place.
I'll be watching on the TV, probably from behind the couch  Tongue

Im a normal season ticket holder and both myself and son we lucky this time.
Im saying lucky but if a no win then i think a night at home (again) might have been more preferable.

Not sure of the process of picking but agree if you get a chance then you excluded from future games until everybody has a chance. Once all had been offered a ticket then back again.

I was a bit surprised as i heard there was about 1000 staggie army members. I would have thought they would get first dibs at any tickets before regular ticket holders. Maybe ive got my numbers wrong but maybe a lot of these are distant fans and only local travel allowed.

Hopefully allowed to make some noise.

Down side. Nae pies or bovril and got to be in super early but small fry in the circumstances and a lot others worse off.

I am getting in though and hopefully the team will perform to the County masses

Two days notice this time round is very tight, so I've got sympathy for the admin team at the club. With the Highlands in Tier 1, getting fans in at the GES should be the norm going forward, so hopefully they can work out a system that gets as many season ticket holders their turn as possible.

I was one of the 300 out of the hat for the Celtic game and must say that the organisation at the club was very professional and I do believe the fan’s contribution, restrained as it had to be, was appreciated by the players.

I am sure that they will be lifted by the presence of fans again. There are small margins between the bottom eight teams and if the individual errors can be reduced there is no reason, with the squad we have, that we end up well up in the mix.

Stewart seems unable to play the main striker role so we need a figurehead up there. I hope Shaw is given the chance to fill that role tonight, strikers need confidence and his goal on Saturday should ensure he has that. Stewart is more suited to the deeper support role and hopefully they can feed off each other.

Midfield will need to change if we are going to make an impression.
I would like to see Kelly on from the start with Paton, Lakin and Tillson or Hylton . We need speed and aggression. Hard on Gardyne maybe, but he is leaning towards being an impact substitution in my opinion. Vigurs needs to get his head together and realise captaincy does not mean an automatic first 11 selection, once he does he may have something more to offer.

Assuming Randall is out I would expect the defence to be Donaldson, Grivosti, Iacovetti and Reid.

Either goal keeper would be acceptable in my opinion.

But whatever team goes out there I hope the lucky 300 can spur them on to a valuable 3 points!!

(11-06-2020, 05:37 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I was one of the 300 out of the hat for the Celtic game and must say that the organisation at the club was very professional and I do believe the fan’s contribution, restrained as it had to be, was appreciated by the players.

I am sure that they will be lifted by the presence of fans again. There are small margins between the bottom eight teams and if the individual errors can be reduced there is no reason, with the squad we have, that we end up well up in the mix.

Stewart seems unable to play the main striker role so we need a figurehead up there. I hope Shaw is given the chance to fill that role tonight, strikers need confidence and his goal on Saturday should ensure he has that. Stewart is more suited to the deeper support role and hopefully they can feed off each other.

Midfield will need to change if we are going to make an impression.
I would like to see Kelly on from the start with Paton, Lakin  and Tillson or Hylton . We need speed and aggression. Hard on Gardyne maybe, but he is leaning towards being an impact substitution in my opinion. Vigurs needs to get his head together and realise captaincy does not mean an automatic first 11 selection, once he does he may have something more to offer.

Assuming Randall is out I would expect the defence to be Donaldson, Grivosti, Iacovetti and Reid.

Either goal keeper would be acceptable in my opinion.

But whatever team goes out there I hope the lucky 300 can spur them on to a valuable 3 points!!
got to disagree with the Gardyne comment he is the only one who consistently shows aggression always looking for the forward pass hence even when injured kets reluctant to withdraw him tonight we paid the price for that i am sure everyone has there own opinion on that decision

Although disappointed with a draw, I was happy with the midfield contribution. Moving the ball about quickly back helping the defence and few missed passes or getting caught in possession. We also had players who weren't scared to try long cross field passes most of which were successful. And the good news is it should be the same for the next league game. Strikers having more confidence and we should get a win.

Compliment sandwich:
That was comfortably Shaw's best game for us so far. Give him some half decent service and that's what he can do- next 2 Betfred Cup games should hopefully give him an opportunity to add to his tally and claim the centre forward role as his own
Midfield was neat and tidy if lightweight
Hindsight is always 20-20 but Midge really should have been withdrawn at HT. There was an inevitability at Devlin exploiting him there for their equaliser
Billy Ferries giving MotM to Carl Donaldson and asking if Tillson was a winger was, well, not a highlight. Hamilton, Lyall and Crags have been excellent, but really don't think these token ex players add anything to the RCFC TV broadcast (with the honourable exception of Sid Mackay who was decent)
Great to see Grivo complete the full 90, didn't look out of place at all at RB
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Some real hard graft put in last night. Every member of the team gave their all and you can’t ask for more.

I do feel Gardyne should have stayed off at half time and Tillson brought on to firm up in midfield. That might possibly have avoided the goal.

I also felt the young lads in midfield were out on their feet and new legs mid 2nd half could have helped our cause. Shaw did well and put himself about, pity about his big miss which could have sealed the match and really made his night. Stewart worked his socks off all over the pitch but we really need the goals he is capable of bringing to the plate - a conundrum for Kettlewell to consider.

Management of substitutions remains weak and must be worked on especially just now when you can make up to 5 changes. However, overall it’s encouraging to have fielded such a young team and they will definitely improve with more game time. Next two matches will be ideal for giving them all, including Hylton and O Connor valuable experience.

Onwards and upwards hopefully !

Solid performance with a draw fair with us probably the ones edging it , great to be back in the stadium and the players must’ve got a lift from it