Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell away
No idea why but I’m optimistic for this one today , here’s hoping for a performance similar to last week

Safe to say Ross Stewart's price tag will be decreasing with each passing week.

4-0 , oh dear

Individual errors at the back, and up front, let a reasonable start descend into mayhem.

Sorry for the management that so many of the team underperformed as ultimately the buck stops with Stuart.

Grivosti’s return was a real positive and he played really well. His partners at the back not so well. Iacoviitti had a game to forget, but to be fair he’s played well so far so I’m trusting today’s display will be a one off. Donaldson also had a slightly below par performance and was caught badly for the last goal.

I think however our main problem lies at the top end where , yet again, we were very limp. Ross Stewart is struggling and because we are not finding him in the box he is coming out looking for the ball and leaves an empty box behind him. (Midge is not a natural striker so he also tends to move away from the box.) When he eventually did find Ross in the second half he missed 2 maybe 3 good chances. Nobody else seems willing/ capable of taking a shot and too many half chances are passed up ( lack of confidence?) and balls are laid off to others - for them to lose.

We have several options for strike partner for Ross . They, I feel ,must play the no 9 role and leave Ross to the No 10 role.

Some big decisions required by management and on today’s performance few players can complain if they are not starting the next game. Today’s game might just prove to be a catalyst for a restructured and improved team. Fingers crossed.

(10-24-2020, 07:21 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Individual errors at the back, and up front,  let a reasonable start descend into mayhem.

Sorry for the management that so many of the team underperformed as ultimately the buck stops with Stuart.

Grivosti’s return was a real positive and he played really well. His partners at the back not so well. Iacoviitti had a game to forget, but to be fair he’s played well so far so I’m trusting today’s display will be a one off. Donaldson also had a slightly below par performance and was caught badly for the last goal.

I think however our main problem lies at the top end  where , yet again, we were very limp. Ross Stewart is struggling and because we are not finding him in the box he is coming out looking for the ball and leaves an empty box behind him.  (Midge is not a natural striker so he also tends to move away from the box.) When he eventually did find Ross in the second half he missed 2 maybe 3 good chances. Nobody else seems willing/ capable of taking a shot and too many half chances are passed up ( lack of confidence?) and balls are laid off to others - for them to lose.

We have several options for strike partner for Ross . They, I feel ,must play the no 9 role and leave Ross to the No 10 role.

Some big decisions required by management and on today’s performance few players can complain if they are not starting the next game.  Today’s game might just prove to be a catalyst for a restructured and improved team. Fingers crossed.
Well analysed!

USSR Tycoon Wrote:Well analysed!
According to Michael Stewart on Sportscene last night we have only scored 1 goal from open play this year!!!!! Analyse that!!!

(10-26-2020, 11:26 AM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: According to Michael Stewart on Sportscene last night we have only scored 1 goal from open play this year!!!!! Analyse that!!!

That's a brutal statistic if true

(10-29-2020, 11:29 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: That's a brutal statistic if true

I'm not sure it is true, from memory we've scored one vs Hamilton, one vs Dundee United, one vs St Mirren (kinda), all from open play.

I know this isn't a lively forum at the best of times, but for there not even to have been a match thread for the Dundee Utd game says a lot for the level of apathy fans are feeling at the moment.

Agreed I think there is no style or panache right now not mention live matches to go to. It isn't just Ross County though I feel it is football without crowds is the main reason.