Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Ross County vs Celtic 12th Sep 2020
The silence is deafening!!  Friday morning, almost 10 a.m. and no post about our next home game vs Celtic tomorrow.
Such is the impact of Covid?  
Team for tomorrow?  Do we try to shut up shop?  Do we set up as we did vs Motherwell?  Repeat the Livingston set up?
Replies are not anticipated given the acute outbreak of apathy.  We do need some light entertainment to get through this.

One huge positive is that we will make more noise than the Celtic fans ! For the first time ever ....

Oh wait, we can’t sing, chant , beat the drum, play the pipes or shout.

Wait, that doesn’t matter as we never normally do that anyway.

Perhaps we can out clap their bench though ?

Let’s not give them too much respect on the pitch, no team is unbeatable- and we’ve done it before.

Looking forward to this one. Kettlewell ‘appears’ to have the defence better set-up than he did last season although today and the next few weeks will be a big test for them. After the Livi performance this is a great opportunity for the players and manager to up their game and hopefully take a point or three. Good luck to the merry throng who were fortunate enough to secure tickets for this one ... enjoy!

Jealous of the 300 getting in today would love to be there , if we play our game then who knows what can happen , fingers crossed for some points!

It remains a mystery why Vigurs got the captaincy, his casualness is being totally exposed today. While I’m at it , Donaldson must be absolutely brilliant during training sessions.

(09-12-2020, 04:38 PM)Polarbare Wrote: It remains a mystery why Vigurs got the captaincy, his casualness is being totally exposed today. While I’m at it , Donaldson must be absolutely brilliant during training sessions.
Vigurs fault for the last goal but was otherwise very solid, and the game was dead by then so a lack of concentration isn't unusual in those circumstances with the game being dead and buried. He's been great this season and he evidently will get criticised for a mistake a lot more than others. Harry Paton lost the ball loads of times but that never gets mentioned because he has a more energetic style of play than vigurs.  Usually Vigurs has more touches than any other player without losing possession, yet on that rare occasion he does, he is pulled up for it because of his style of play i.e calm and composed. He's the captain, he's been picked by a manager that manages him, and has played along beside him, so he will know many things that you don't, and that's obviously why he has picked Vigurs as his captain. I've noticed a small amount on here want to blame vigurs for everything clearly based on very little football knowledge.

I am one of those that have criticized Vigurs in the past . Today he showed a lot more urgency although he got caught out for the 5th goal. He also gave away the foul that lead to goal 2, but most players would do the same. Maybe a start for Kelly in the next game will  spur him on to try and eradicate the mistakes he has been making. His passing is 2nd to none in the side now and his free kicks were like the old days again.

Poor result , how Donaldson starts over Morris and Watson is beyond me

That was a tough watch. Going forward we looked okay. At the back we're still a mess.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway