Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County TV
Being a bit of a technophobe got a question as to how to watch the ppv games. Is it only on a laptop or phone you can watch the games or can you get them on the tv and if so how. Was fine for the first game as watched it on Sky and on Saturday was busy in the afternoon so watched the game on Alba at night. Do you get this through a sky box (cant find anything in their ppv) or how do you access it?

sting Wrote:Being a bit of a technophobe got a question as to how to watch the ppv games. Is it only on a laptop or phone you can watch the games or can you get them on the tv and if so how. Was fine for the first game as watched it on Sky and on Saturday was busy in the afternoon so watched the game on Alba at night. Do you get this through a sky box (cant find anything in their ppv) or how do you access it?
Hi there - yes you can only watch via laptop, tablet or phone - if your laptop has an HDMI port then you can hook the laptop up to your TV via HDMI cable.

Some smart TV's will allow you to watch the match but it's a bit hit or miss - best option is via laptop or tablet hooked up to your telly. 

You won't get the RCFCTV via Sky
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Ok thanks very much for that. Laptop only has usb ports so I guess that is a no go

It shouldn't be hard to bast it with chromecast or a similar device either.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(08-12-2020, 08:04 PM)Despot Wrote: It shouldn't be hard to bast it with chromecast or a similar device either.
What is chromecast, is that something like a firestick. As I say I am a technophobe being brought up in an era when a calculator and atari tennis game was cutting edge

sting Wrote:What is chromecast, is that something like a firestick. As I say I am a technophobe being brought up in an era when a calculator and atari tennis game was cutting edge
Chromecast is OK if you know what you are doing - I think you'd be better trying to connect your laptop to your telly via HDMI - my MacBook doesn't have an HDMI port - but does have a mini type display port - so I purchased a connector cable which is basically mini display port to HDMI - works a dream.

Here's some basic info below on how to connect your laptop to your TV if you don't have HDMI - however, it may be that you do have an HDMI port it's just a mini type version - in which case you just need a converter cable which you'd get cheap from Amazon.

Check out this link below which offers further advice - I think job number one is to identify which ports your laptop does have - google the make and model number and it should help you:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2873687/...-hdmi.html

Hope this helps you get setup so you can get the matches Smile

Thanks for that. Laptop has 4 usb and a vga port. Think I am stuck to watching on the laptop

The Killie game last night was the first time I have used RCFCTV.  I was disappointed with the amount of pixilation there was particularly when the camera was moving.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so is there a solution other than a bottled one?

I was a tad frustrated for most of the second half due to pixilation. First half was perfect so it may just have been neighbours downloading stuff. I’ll need to tell them to avoid clogging the interweb during the County matches!!

The picture quite was pretty poor at times, up to a point where you couldn't make out the score line because of was so fuzzy, but hopefully it's something that can be ironed out in due course.

There was a major BT fault on Wednesday which affected a number of pathfinder networks across Scotland - a flooded BT exchange in Edinburgh apparently - this may have impacted on a few folks viewing experience - will be interested to see how things are during the Dundee Utd game.

Have to say that overall my feed was fine and only had a couple of momentary blips where the picture quality wasn't the best - but overall it didn't really impact on the viewing of the game.

(08-13-2020, 09:58 PM)staggered Wrote: I was a tad frustrated for most of the second half due to pixilation. First half was perfect so it may just have been neighbours downloading stuff. I’ll need to tell them to avoid clogging the interweb during the County matches!!
Stop using your neighbour's wifi  Big Grin