Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Killie
As the Brick said in the Accies thread, Kilmarnock looked very good against Celtic in the highlights. But then that does not mean they will perform the same when faced with - the new look - County.

I'm nervously expecting a continued development of performance from County ... and the points.

Stuart won't allow any complacency.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

I hope Kets adapts the team for this game, sticking with the same team/tactics for this game would be wrong imo. Not that anyone deserves to be dropped, just feel that the right team for the right game should be used.

I'd have Watson in at RB, Morris in for Iacovitti and Draper in for Tillson. Killie have a far superior midfield to what we have come up against so far.

Hoping to knick this 1-0 again.

I would not expect many changes in defence as they have yet to concede a goal and deserve time to gel together. I would think perhaps Draper might be drafted in for Tillson to add more height in front of the back four as Killie’s Kabamba ran Celtic’s defence ragged at times on Sunday.
Perhaps Midge or Mullin in for Erwin to bring more pace, attacking drive and crossing with Ross Stewart taking over the Erwin role?

It will be interesting to see how Stuart lines the team up and it’s great that we are able to watch it on RCTV. Impressed with the solid team of presenters who are doing a professional job.

Brick on the wall Wrote:I would not expect many changes in defence as they have yet to concede a goal and deserve time to gel together. I would think  perhaps Draper might be drafted in for Tillson to add more height in front of the back four as Killie’s Kabamba ran Celtic’s defence ragged at times on Sunday.
Perhaps Midge or Mullin in for Erwin to bring more pace, attacking drive and crossing with Ross Stewart taking over the Erwin role?

It will be interesting to see how Stuart lines the team up and it’s great that we are able to watch it on RCTV. Impressed with the solid team of presenters who are doing a professional job.
Agree - wouldn't expect many changes as it's been a good solid start so hard to see where you would change things - settled starting lineup is crucial for building consistency - but as you say we have options to tweak the odd position - but I think it would be difficult to upset things - if anything this game should be more open as Killie will want to attack so there will be spaces for us to exploit hopefully....

Hoping for another home win and us to continue the great start - the RCFCTV team have done a great job and it's great we have football in some shape or form given recent issues

MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Anyone else having issues with the RCFCTV?

None of the links are working on my computer.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Me too - nothing happens

Tried 3 separate devices !

Ok fixed now ?

Getting really hacked off. Tried 3 different devices to and told to subscribe to watch. Feel like going off for a short break with Bolingoli.

I'll take that, played well in the first half, fell away in the second...really not sure if that was a penalty. Rode out luck a few times but Stewart also hit the post.

Decent point overall. Still unbeaten!
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Take that result. My only gripe would be Vigurs. He is tries to stroll through games gets caught in possession or makes a bad pass and makes to many stupid fouls  in dangerous positions . A bit more urgency and he would be fine.

Good performance tonight. A slack 15-20 minutes resulted in the two goals. 

Have to disagree with the above post about Vigurs - He controlled the game along with midge in the first half and then got his foot on the ball after the second goal and got us that control back again, never ever hides, proper captain material and boys respond to him. I would like him to cut out the yellow cards, but he's a fighter. He is calm and finds a pass 99% of the time, he may look like he's trying to stroll, but that's because he mainly does stroll games, he isn't a headless chicken rushing thing's and finds space for himself. Been brilliant so far this season.

Midge was my MOM, he was tremendous tonight, worked hard and cause a lot of problems for killie. Josh reid has been a breath of fresh air, really impressed with him, got tired near the end after a tough contest with burke, but is a really promising player. Mullin struggled tonight, although great cross for the first goal. Team and management have started this season brilliantly. Well done.  Smile

(08-12-2020, 10:10 PM)ColMac Wrote: Take that result. My only gripe would be Vigurs. He is tries to stroll through games gets caught in possession or makes a bad pass and makes to many stupid fouls  in dangerous positions . A bit more urgency and he would be fine.

have to disagree with you there mate, Vigurs has bossed it since the start of the year, been fantastic. Draper stole the show tonight though (surprised midge got MOTM over him despite been very good as well) but Vigurs was good again tonight. Can’t go without mentioning that Alan Power for Them had a very good game as well.

would have taken 7pts from the opening 3 at the start, just a shame we conceded 2 sloppy goals

(08-12-2020, 10:10 PM)ColMac Wrote: Take that result. My only gripe would be Vigurs. He is tries to stroll through games gets caught in possession or makes a bad pass and makes to many stupid fouls  in dangerous positions . A bit more urgency and he would be fine.

Think Vigurs was excellent in the first half, he bossed the tempo and he's clearly been told by Ketts that he's the man in the middle. Vigurs has always been a maverick player, you have to take his good with his bad. 

When Kilmarnock changed it in the second half he fell away a bit and the fact that he and Draper tired meant Kilmarnock came into it and got ahead. We need to use our midfield trio carefully otherwise we'll dominate more games early on before falling away later.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Let’s not forget this was a Kilmarnock side that drew with Celtic and were Only narrowly beaten by a good Hibs side before they met us.
We more than matched them first half and had Draper ( who had a great game) taken all his chances and RCC and Mullin too we might have been around 3 up at half time.
That said I think four changes was on the high side and we missed Paton in midfield. On this occasion at least, RCC was slightly out of his depth or maybe out of position.

Killie upped their game significantly in the second half and I think if Paton had come on at half time might have helped improve our very average completed pass rate in the second half.

Power and Burke were excellent for them and without doubt Josh Reid has had a real introduction to senior football, a test which he has performed very well in.

Another hard game on Saturday, I hope they don’t risk Shankland for it !

Brick on the wall Wrote:Let’s not forget this was a Kilmarnock side that drew with Celtic and were Only narrowly beaten by a good Hibs side before they met us.
We more than matched them first half and had Draper ( who had a great game) taken all his chances and RCC and Mullin  too we might have been around  3 up at half time.
That said I think four changes was on the high side and we missed Paton in midfield. On this occasion at least,  RCC was slightly out of his depth or maybe out of position.

Killie upped their game significantly in the second half and I think if Paton had come on at half time might have helped improve our very average completed pass rate in the second half.

Power and Burke were excellent for them  and without doubt Josh Reid has had a real introduction to senior football, a test which he has performed very well in.

Another hard game on Saturday, I hope they don’t risk Shankland for it !
Agreed - Kilmarnock are a good strong side and watching the highights on Sportscene we could easily have had the game dead and buried in the first half - if we'd taken our chances there was very little way back for them.

However, we tired in the second half and they took advantage and came at us in waves - having said that, we could have sneaked the win at the end....we will get better and the strength in depth from the bench is encouraging....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'm another one who thinks Vigurs had an excellent game, he was however at fault for Killie's 1st goal. Slack play in the middle of the park giving the ball away. That said, he's been excellent this season and long may it continue.
Special mention to Draper who was excellent in everything he did. As good as Midge was, MOM award should have been Draper's.