Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Well 03/08
It's good to finally make a match thread, even if the time of the game sucks. 

I have no idea what line up we'll use, but I guess Tremarco will be at left back and we'll be cautious against a pretty good Motherwell side. 

I'd take a point here, just to get us on the board. Tough game to start with.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Hope we get of to a flyer and 3 points please.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Very tough game to start with, fully expect Motherwell to be pushing for top 4 again. Turnbull and Hastie back for them as well as Lambie and Gallagher making a steady defence. The thought of their Fast wingers against Tramarco terrifies me so would rather have Lacovotti or even Grivo at LB. Tramarco and Fontain starting gives me the fear. I’ve no doubt their midfield of Campbell Donnelly and Turnbull will absolutely dominate possession so it’s important we stay concentrated the whole match and make the most of our chances on the break. Would be delighted with a draw!
4-2-3-1
Doohan
Randal
Donaldson
Watson
Lacovitti
Draper
Vigurs
Mullin
RCC
Midge
Stewart

Tough opening game and as other have said above - Motherwell will be looking to get off to a flyer but our preparation has been as good as any team in the league - we have a decent sized squad so I'm looking forward to the first match and seeing how the new squad shapes up - MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Brilliant 1st half performance, dug in the 2nd half.
Overall v impressed. That is a Kettlewell team!
Well done lads.

Thought Reid did really well, had Hastie in his pocket and only struggled against Seedorf's pace.

Very pleased with the performance and the result.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Streaming was very good with only a couple of minor hiccups (that I think were more on my end than Countys).

Great overall start to the campaign - Motherwell are no mugs and will be pushing around the top 4 - very impressed with Josh Reid - looked really assured on the ball and didn't look out of place in the first team. Massive fan of Harry Paton - put in a power of work along with Stewart who seemed to cover every blade of grass last night. Thought we bossed the first half and didn't get bullied which we've been guilty of in the past - positive start overall

(, 08:49 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Great overall start to the campaign - Motherwell are no mugs and will be pushing around the top 4 - very impressed with Josh Reid - looked really assured on the ball and didn't look out of place in the first team.  Massive fan of Harry Paton - put in a power of work along with Stewart who seemed to cover every blade of grass last night.  Thought we bossed the first half and didn't get bullied which we've been guilty of in the past - positive start overall
Stewart Kettlewell said in his TV interview that he has recognised the issues seen in the second half and is going to address them.  He is coming over as a very capable and confident manager.  The football in the first half was really good.  we didn't initially respond well to the introduction of Seedorf but soon cut off a lot of service to him.  Happy Staggie today.

Thought Randall put in a good shift with big boots to fill... very pleasing first game

Encouraging start to the season. Delighted to see Josh Reid slot in so well especially in the first half, when he defended and attacked equally well. Overall everyone got pass marks and many were in the top ranks. A word for Laidlaw too who looked confident and competent.

What is especially encouraging is the depth of the squad, the bench was full of game changers and there are still more beyond that. Grivosti, Spittal etc still to get full fitness.

I hope that we still have Ross Stewart by the end of October, he is moving up into the Liam Boyce and Jackson Irvine level of importance to us. His presence for the season could make a huge difference to us.

I don’t think Europe beckons but maybe we can avoid the bottom 3 dog fight this season. Some good games to look forward to especially when we can get back in to Victoria Park.

(08-03-2020, 10:02 PM)Despot Wrote: Thought Reid did really well, had Hastie in his pocket and only struggled against Seedorf's pace.

Very pleased with the performance and the result.

I thought he looked good getting down the wing as well- one to watch.

Brick on the wall Wrote:Encouraging start to the season. Delighted to see Josh Reid slot in so well especially in the first half, when  he defended and attacked  equally well. Overall everyone got pass marks and many  were in the top ranks. A word for Laidlaw too who looked confident and competent.

What is especially encouraging is the depth of the squad, the bench was full of game changers and there are still more beyond that. Grivosti, Spittal etc still to get full fitness.

I hope that we still have Ross Stewart by the end of October, he is moving up into the Liam Boyce and Jackson Irvine level of importance to us. His presence for the season could make a huge difference to us.

I don’t think Europe beckons but maybe we can avoid the bottom 3 dog fight this season. Some good games to look forward to especially when we can get back in to Victoria Park.
Listened to Stuart on Go Radio last night and he pretty much said that anyone looking to buy Ross Stewart are going to have to come up with the kind of money that has never been seen before at Ross County - so they rate the boy heavily and thankfully have a decent price tag on his head - anyone wanting him will need to pay up

Really hope we manage to hold onto him as he's only going to get better IMO - maybe another season with us would do him good - remain away from the limelight and bang in a few goals raise the profile even further.....could easily see him in a Scotland shirt - clever player