Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1.5 Average
Season tickets
(06-25-2020, 05:41 PM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: I asked if there was any leeway in the price because I will be 65 on 18th Aug and I will make a saving of £200 if I wait till my birthday. If I bought now I would be paying about £200 for a maximum of 2 games. I am also an exiled Staggie. The reply I received confused me "If you purchase after the 18th Aug you will still be paying an adult price as you are not over 65 that's why I couldn't give you some leeway sorry"

If I interpret the response you got correctly, it sounds as if they're arguing you need to be 66 to qualify for an "over 65" discount. There's a logic to that, but isn't it otherwise universally accepted "over 65" means "65 and over"? The point of it is it's targeted at retired people, who traditionally retire when they turn 65, not when they finish being 65. If you go to a bar that's "over 18s only", you don't have to be 19 to enter.

How bizarre.

Forfinn Wrote:If I interpret the response you got correctly, it sounds as if they're arguing you need to be 66 to qualify for an "over 65" discount. There's a logic to that, but isn't it otherwise universally accepted "over 65" means "65 and over"? The point of it is it's targeted at retired people, who traditionally retire when they turn 65, not when they finish being 65. If you go to a bar that's "over 18s only", you don't have to be 19 to enter.

How bizarre.
When you are born your not 1 therefore when you are 65 you have lived 65years and on your birthday you enter into your 66th year i.e. over 65

Skipper's Covie Wrote:When you are born your not 1 therefore when you are 65 you have lived 65years and on your birthday you enter into your 66th year i.e. over 65
Numeracy problem solved. I will be over 65 on my birthday Big Grin

That's me done my renewal, £315 for the ESE when we're allowed back in.

Kinda looking forward to watching The County live on my wide screen tv, with a few cold beers from the fridge. Hopefully things continue to improve and we're all back to Viccy Park soon though.

(06-25-2020, 05:41 PM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: I asked if there was any leeway in the price because I will be 65 on 18th Aug and I will make a saving of £200 if I wait till my birthday. If I bought now I would be paying about £200 for a maximum of 2 games. I am also an exiled Staggie. The reply I received confused me "If you purchase after the 18th Aug you will still be paying an adult price as you are not over 65 that's why I couldn't give you some leeway sorry"
[b]Jailend[/b]

Under 16
£5.00
16-21 years old
£100.00
Adults (21-65 years old)
£250.00
Over 65
£100.00
[b]*Under 16s will not receive RCFCTV Subscription
[/b]

Bit sneeky but adult is 21-65 inclusive. To get the retired rate you would need to be 66 at renewal date. In this day and age of equality should there be no difference as there is no longer an official retirement age anymore. Just kidding And think it should be 65 and over

Most controversial birthday I've ever had

(06-26-2020, 09:15 PM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: Most controversial birthday I've ever had
Maybe it's something to do with the fact you will not get the pension till your 66 Idea

So on your 21st birthday, are you 16 to 21 inclusive and pay £100  or over 21  and pay the adult price of  £250?  I think you're now over 21 and an adult!

Jailend

Under 16
£5.00
16-21 years old
£100.00
Adults (21-65 years old)
£250.00
Over 65
£100.00

(06-26-2020, 09:31 AM)Skipper\s Covie Wrote: When you are born your not 1 therefore when you are 65 you have lived 65years and on your birthday you enter into your 66th year i.e. over 65
My birthday is October and the wife in July,she qualified as she was 65 before season started,hope this helps.

That’s my season ticket bought ,along with one for my six month old grandson.He lives in Inverness so not taking any chances in case the dark side comes calling !

Not suggesting people do this, obviously, but what stops someone buying a season ticket and all his friends/family coming round to watch it on the telly????
Or even worse, giving them the login details so they can watch it in their own homes?
Not planning this, just asking.

(06-28-2020, 10:24 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Not suggesting people do this, obviously, but what stops someone buying a season ticket and all his friends/family coming round to watch it on the telly????
Or even worse, giving them the login details so they can watch it in their own homes?
I’ve had same thoughts Jamie,I doubt there is much they can do unless there  is a programme they can use to stop it.We will see.

I think if You are a season ticket holder then you are a fan with the club at heart. I think this will happen but will be in small numbers and hope those existing will renew. Away resident fans may buy as it is more appealing now rather than paying for one or two games a season. The thing is the current economy and job prospects and whether people feel they can afford a luxury. Even more difficult for those long term holders whom may be stretched and will loose a seat if not renewed. Ill buy next week. 16 year old son now so £100 this year. Hopefully be back in stadium soon.

(06-28-2020, 10:24 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Not suggesting people do this, obviously, but what stops someone buying a season ticket and all his friends/family coming round to watch it on the telly????

Hopefully restrictions can be lifted and we'll only need the tv streaming service for a game or two, if that!

(06-28-2020, 02:49 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Hopefully restrictions can be lifted and we'll only need the tv streaming service for a game or two, if that!
Very optimistic, glass half full guy, I like that!

Sitting at home drinking Tennents is nowhere near as fun as sitting watching County in the Jailend, to be honest.

I probably need to redefine my concept of "fun" but hey ho.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

The word is that the club are hoping to get supporters back into the stadium sooner than was first thought - the streaming service will continue for the whole season regardless as it's a contract with an external media company.

This season I suppose you could look at it that you are getting more for your season ticket money in that you will have potentially live football access to the stadium as well as live streaming of all home games. So for any supporters who tend to purchase a season ticket can't attend every game they don't need to miss any match this season.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(06-30-2020, 09:55 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: The word is that the club are hoping to get supporters back into the stadium sooner than was first thought

Would be very interesting to hear you expand on this comment, I would think there is little to no way the club could know something like this. 

Is it a case that this is being said in the hope of selling off a few more season tickets?

That's not entirely true. As with many industries, there are discussions going on behind the scenes with the Government over projected timescales for everything. I would fully expect the SPFL & SFA are engaging with the Scottish Government on progress so that they can plan around it. Expectations for a lot of things have understandably shifted a lot over the last few weeks and perhaps the anticipted dates have been brought forward. That said however no dates had been announced to the general public so the intimation from the club means little to us at the moment. It's also worth noting that we are not on a one way street to normality, this isn't going away until there's a vaccine and we could well see increasing of lockdown measures again at some point in the future - and top of that list would be attending mass gatherings. It's entirely conceivable we could be allowed to go to games for a couple of months only for it to be taken away from us again.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Spain Wrote:That's not entirely true. As with many industries, there are discussions going on behind the scenes with the Government over projected timescales for everything. I would fully expect the SPFL & SFA are engaging with the Scottish Government on progress so that they can plan around it. Expectations for a lot of things have understandably shifted a lot over the last few weeks and perhaps the anticipted dates have been brought forward. That said however no dates had been announced to the general public so the intimation from the club means little to us at the moment. It's also worth noting that we are not on a one way street to normality, this isn't going away until there's a vaccine and we could well see increasing of lockdown measures again at some point in the future - and top of that list would be attending mass gatherings. It's entirely conceivable we could be allowed to go to games for a couple of months only for it to be taken away from us again.
You are absolutely correct with what you are saying above - my comments are based on what's being discussed with the league and Scottish Government and comments I've had from the club. Initially it was thought that there was no chance of being back in football stadiums this side of Christmas. However, there has been some positive discussions more recently and if the numbers of positive cases remain low then there is a possibility that supporters could be allowed back into football stadiums. 

Jason Leitch himself has said that it may not be until October - and with no away supporters being allowed - it's feasible that the North away stand could be used for our own supporters to allow further social distancing around all four stands.

But I agree that a lot depends on how things go with the virus numbers up here - if supporters were allowed back in then it would obviously involve social distancing within the stadium.
Supporter Liaison Officer