Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our Team
What do you guys think about our team going forward for next year. I have a lot of concerns regarding the age of so many of our team and I was starting to panic about us not having enough players that would be fit enough to take us through next season (assuming we have one). 
Our current management have not really gave any youngsters a good chance so I am unsure if we have anyone coming through so I feel we will need to recruit new players.
Anyone got any ideas.

We're short in a lot of areas.

We need to invest smart, rather than invest in swathes of middling quality players. We're a much better side when Midge is fit, but how much longer can he go on at the top level?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I think he is still signed for next season. This layoff which i wasnt expecting to be so long will have benefited those with injuries. When we go back i would think that ALL should be available. So really a new season ( which it probably will be actually).
I think we will be more than capable of a realistic mid table finish next year with only a few targeted additions. I think there will be a few leavers whom will be looking for first team starts. I think one or two of the more experienced will stick around and try to get their badges etc if that is what lies next for them. One or two may just go.
I think this summer window will be a critical one for the managers as when it starts i think we need a good start as we had this year and with funds depleted we cannot afford to be down in the bottom sides

I would think Fontaine and Cowie wouldn't be playing next season.

Chalmers is one I think might go elsewhere due to lack of games.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-26-2020, 02:07 PM)Despot Wrote: I would think Fontaine and Cowie wouldn't be playing next season.

Chalmers is one I think might go elsewhere due to lack of games.
 I think they will both be here and still a squad player but agree will have limited starts. I think they both still have much to offer but wont last a full season. Good as a backup for injuries or rotation.
Chalmbers has already asked to go, i believe so he is oot as soon as he can.
looking forward to Grivoski, foster, donaldson and kelly to have a run in defense.
i think stewart will be around for another season before his big move comes in.

also looking forward to schalk appearing in Gardynes testemonial?

To be honest I'm not even thinking about what players we will still have when this is eventually all over, I'm more interested/concerned about what our club will look like. This is a financial disaster for businesses.
I still have the 'Save our Staggies' magnet on my fridge, the problem this time with the 'Staggies Army' initiative is that so many people will have the bigger concern of their own job and finances, and unable to help.

This could be like a press of the 'reset button' for a lot of clubs, ourselves included.