Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aberdeen away 22/02/20
After Aberdeen's cup replay win on wednesday night I think we'll be playing them right as they start to build some momentum again, a tough ask. They were comfortably better than us the last time at Victoria Park anyway. No clue what the team should look like for this one, especially with recent injuries muddling everything up.

Not overly optimistic for this one but thinking of heading along anyway. Anyone know if there'll be tickets on the day at Pittodrie or do I need to get them in Dingwall?

Usually able to pay at gate

Tickets available on the day.
Hope he plays Mullin, Paton & Spittal from the start. Also pick Foster as he irates the sheep big time.
See you all there fellow staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Have seen tickets available at the gate as usual.

Won't make this due to a wedding. Would rather we go for it, Aberdeen aren't great at the back.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Cheers folks, never been to Pittodrie, wondered if they would pull a Hearts and try and claim there was no way of purchasing tickets on the day.

120min extra time midweek will hopefully have tired the sheep a bit

(02-21-2020, 02:30 AM)NVACA Wrote: Cheers folks, never been to Pittodrie, wondered if they would pull a Hearts and try and claim there was no way of purchasing tickets on the day.

Wrap up as much as you can, then repeat that process at least 3 times.

(02-21-2020, 05:13 PM)Iker Wrote: Wrap up as much as you can, then repeat that process at least 3 times.
I’d avoid the sheepskin jacket though

Heading down on the train for this one,I’ve still to see us get a win there, or even a point ,but  we have to stop treating them with so much respect, and our management team talking down our chances  before the game . They  can be got at, set plays will be the key to us getting something out of the game,I.e defending and attacking.
Not the best ground for viewing the game, to your right The North Sea, to your left a flock of sheep, and also unable to see the corner flag to your left. I’d take a draw, but a win would be great ,hopefully they have tired and sore legs after the 120 mins on the astro .( so probably 3 -0 Aberdeen )

Great win today !
Idea Eindhoven de gekste !

I never lost faith it would take a disaster to see us drop now ,
Bloody well done. Staggies. Especially. Fergie and Ketts. Who are on a lower budget than last year.

YESSS Great win well done County safe journey home to team and supporters

(02-21-2020, 08:37 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Heading down on the train for this one,I’ve still to see us get a win there, or even a point ,but  we have to stop treating them with so much respect, and our management team talking down our chances  before the game . They  can be got at, set plays will be the key to us getting something out of the game,I.e defending and attacking.
Not the best ground for viewing the game, to your right The North Sea, to your left a flock of sheep, and also unable to see the corner flag to your left. I’d take a draw, but a win would be great ,hopefully they have tired and sore legs after the 120 mins on the astro .( so probably 3 -0 Aberdeen )
You be happy chappy tonight  good for you I’m pleased for you seeing staggies win,  I never lost faith 
I don’t manage many games now,  but I watch training ,I give my season ticket to any county fan no point in empty seat  I’ll be back when   the  weather settles.  I’m struggling. ( like County ) 
???????⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️?????

Fantastic win and billy is on fire at the moment

Excellent!!!!!

Fantastic result, and deserved too, after the Aberdeen player got himself sent off for a silly kick out at the free kick. Harry Paton was decent again, as was Mullin up the wing.

Special mention to Laidlaw for a good save to keep it at 1-0, if it gone to 2 I think it'd have been over.

Poor defending for their goal really, the wind isn't a good excuse.

Strange game- got the impression (after paying £26 (TWENTY SIX POUNDS) to get in) that we weren't quite sure how to handle the wind and playing against 10 men. 3 very welcome points, though

Mckay took both goals very well- 1st one should really go down as a goalkeeping error, mind- Lewis's starting position is all wrong (he's one of those keepers, not unlike Craig Gordon, whose frame and reflexes often allow him to compensate for fundamental weaknesses in his technique/footwork). Elite level game management from Ketts & Fergie after the 2nd- Mckay had barely finished celebrating when he was hauled off for Draper to kill the game

Paton was excellent yet again- can only assume there was some kind of knock which led to his withdrawal for Spittal

10 games left. Plenty still to do (and it would be wrong to be under the illusion that the performance yesterday was particularly spell-binding, and that was against an opposition that looks physically and mentally spent) but 10 more points should get us over the line
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

I hate it when managers use the "players were tired" excuse. If you can't manage 2 games a week when you're in your 20's, with a trip through Scotland on a luxury coach thrown in, there's not much hope for you. I'm just surmising here but maybe after their win at Killie, not much rest was taken and maybe some celebrating was done.
I used to be a fisherman...…… I know what tired is.

McInnes talking bull. Maybe his naive player getting sent off didn't help. However, going down to 10 men does not equate to a defeat especially with the resources that Aberdeen have got and they were playing at home.

Excellent win for County and MacKay's goals were immense. Keep it up!

Still smiling ,totally owning the Aberdeen fans at work who are still living off their success in the eighties