Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Perth Farmers 15/02
BBC Scotland are reporting that Donaldson has a broken cheekbone. Not the news we are needing at the moment.

(02-16-2020, 11:02 AM)tattiedave Wrote: BBC Scotland are reporting that Donaldson has a broken cheekbone. Not the news we are needing at the moment.

Yeah the picture posted on twitter (here: https://twitter.com/RossCounty/status/12...9815103490) looked like it confirmed that.

Also unrelated: Harry Paton was great yesterday, needs to play every game.

A slow, turgid grind in awful weather conditions....

But that's enough about the rail replacement bus service back down the road

Can only echo a few sentiments already listed:
-1st half was truly shocking. St Johnstone could (perhaps should) have been 3 or 4 up by half-time. If Tanser could actually cross the ball we'd have been in real trouble- got in behind Mullzy on a number of occasions
- The lack of any additions at left-midfield in January was utter negligence. Shaw, Erwin and Spittal all had stints out there, however it's not what any of them excel at. As much as I think it'll take 6 months before we get anything of substance out of Shaw (in the same way it took Stewart a while), it can't be good for his development parking him out in an unfamiliar position then hooking him after an hour
-Do not understand at all the reasoning for benching Baxter and Paton- thankfully 1 of these errors was rectified at HT, and how (imagine thinking that a central midfield of Draper, Vigs and Cowie wasn't going to be glacially slow). Paton simply needs to be in the XI every week
-That's 4 games v St Johnstone this season in all competitions, and we arguably deserved to lose at least 3 of them- it's probably Tommy Wright's salty tears that ended up flooding the railway
-is it a wild exaggeration to say that McKay (with the most typically McKay goal ever) has bought Ketts and Fergie another week?
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(02-16-2020, 02:46 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: -is it a wild exaggeration to say that McKay (with the most typically McKay goal ever) has bought Ketts and Fergie another week?

3 wins in 21 games.

There have to be serious questions being asked at the very least. Accies and Hearts being woefully dreadful has benefited ourselves and St. Mirren massively so far.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Just had a look at our forthcoming fixtures ... any points picked up prior to Accies at home will be a bonus.

I have some empathy for the managers. A look at the injury list will show that some of our better players have missed or will miss a large part of the season. A lot of the team that set the pace at the start of the season has gone AWOL.. It's going to boil down to the last eight games.

Pete The Jakey Wrote:Laidlaw made 3 great saves in quick succession, and I reckon made 5 saves in total. I have no issue with him getting MoM.
I did not mean to imply that laidlaw had a poor game because he did not the point I was trying to make was that the 10 in front of him were so poor in the first half there was no other choice in fact he has played well every time I have seen him Baxter could take lessons from him on dead ball kicking

Watched it on Alba and only ball crossed in along the ground we score Maybe we should try it more often and try and hit the byline more often as well We have the players to do it but a lot of them want to cut in towards eighteen yard box and get crowded out

(02-17-2020, 04:03 PM)County Lad Sen Wrote: Watched it on Alba and only ball crossed in along the ground we score Maybe we should try it more often and try and hit the byline more often as well We have the players to do it but a lot of them want to cut in towards eighteen yard box and get crowded out
The high balls are for our tall forwards like Stewart and at a stretch Erwin whom is playing deeper. These balls are no use for the smaller quality strikers like Mckay and are easily picked out by the taller defenders. As you say its the low ball is the requirement at the current time in absence of Stewart. It was the same with schalke when he was here. We are actually good with football but head ball, jury oot.

Deas_pie_staggie Wrote:The high balls are for our tall forwards like Stewart and at a stretch Erwin whom is playing deeper. These balls are no use for the smaller quality strikers like Mckay and are easily picked out by the taller defenders. As you say its the low ball is the requirement at the current time in absence of Stewart. It was the same with schalke when he was here. We are actually good with football but head ball, jury oot.
Couldn't agree more - Mullin played some cracking balls into the box at pace but there was no strikers in the box as they were all playing deep and having to link up with midfield - strikers like Mckay need to poach and guys like Paton,  Mullin,  Spittal are more than capable of getting the ball to him in the on the ground....high balls aren't working and the St Johnstone defence were soaking them up with ease.....we'd get a lot more goals from Mckay if we kept the ball on the ground within the box....
Supporter Liaison Officer