Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Perth Farmers 15/02
Another big, big game. Said for a while St. Johnstone would start moving away from the danger zone and they have been for the last few months and have only lost twice in the league since the start of December (vs Livi and Celtic).

Our form is still serious concerning, after a promising win against Livi then a disappointing defeat to Hibs.

I'll take a draw for this one, always feel they are a tough matchup for us.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Would take a draw, expecting a loss. Will be happy if we can at least score first.

3-0 County!

Despot Wrote:Another big, big game. Said for a while St. Johnstone would start moving away from the danger zone and they have been for the last few months and have only lost twice in the league since the start of December (vs Livi and Celtic).

Our form is still serious concerning, after a promising win against Livi then a disappointing defeat to Hibs.

I'll take a draw for this one, always feel they are a tough matchup for us.
agreed our form is all over the place we played some really nice football V Hibs unfortunately our defending let us down ( again ) we seemed to play a little deeper v hibs so hope that will change come Saturday if we play the way we did V Livi there is no reason why we cant get all 3 points

Once again we’ll be playing in awful conditions. Tommy Wright (proper manager) will have his team pumped up for this one as they’re chasing sixth place. Home advantage, adverse weather and a good, vocal home support should just about see us through this one. Murray Davidson is also out injured. 2-1 to the Staggies, another King Billy double.

Would definitely take a point from this - will be a tough game as they seem to be getting stronger and building confidence with every game.....signing experienced grafters has always seemed to be their recipe and it works...year in year out
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Another big game but we have the squad to be winning this one if we take a few chances and play an attacking line up imo would like to see
Baxter
Foster Donaldson Watson kelly
Mullin vigurs draper shaw
Erwin mckay

It's on Alba at 6pm.
Those of us at the BISC race-night in the Caley can either celebrate our victory again or drown our sorrows.

(02-14-2020, 05:16 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It's on Alba at 6pm.
Those of us at the BISC race-night in the Caley can either celebrate our victory again or drown our sorrows.

Those of us having to work can miss it again   Angry
Enjoy, wish I was going!

(02-14-2020, 10:20 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: signing experienced grafters has always seemed to be their recipe and it works...year in year out

That's not what they've done at all with their side this season. Their standout player has been a teenage youth team graduate in central midfield. This is the youngest team St Johnstone have had for a very long time- their early season struggles, allied to them now finding some form, are arguably symptomatic of that

This won't be easy. We've been fortunate to get the results we have so far against them this season. Would gladly see the 5-3-2 ditched in favour of something else from the Tactics Tombola that McIntyre very kindly left behind, although that would perhaps require us having something called a "left-winger" (not you, Jezza) available. Against my better judgement, getting the early train up for this one
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Few changes today. Laidlaw for Baxter being the biggest surprise ???????
Unlike a lot of people, I really fancy us getting a positive result today so c'mon you Staggies!

There can't be much room in the middle if both teams are playing 352 as reported.

I wish I was there, but if the weather is as bad there as it is here kind of glad I am indoors.

Smash and grab. Was a brutal watch. But eventually, 95th minute....

(, 04:24 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: There can't be much room in the middle if both teams are playing 352 as reported.

I wish I was there, but if the weather is as bad there as it is here kind of glad I am indoors.
believe me you were better of at home the first half we were total garbage second half was only slightly better got a badly needed but totally undeserved point goalkeeper getting MOTM without having made a save to talk off says it all

Laidlaw made a couple of saves, one was very good in the dying minutes of the game to keep the score at 0-1.

We were much better in the second half but still left ourselves open way too much.

Shockingly poor refereeing, even by Scottish standards.

Considering it appeared there were five County players in the middle at times, St. Johnston has all the room in the world to pass and move in the middle. Only Mckay and Mullin get pass marks for the first half.

Ricky Foster got no support when they came down our left, was left covering vast swathes as nobody from midfield wanted to go out left.

A dreadful game in awful conditions but somehow we got a point.

As normal I think I watched a different match from many. Can’t believe those doubting Laidlaw’s contribution to securing a point - I assume they went for a pie in the first half. Also not entirely sure where Mullin was in the first half? Credit to the changes made for the second half which allowed Mullin to get more involved and it was evident that Paton was the catalyst for far more control of the midfield. I sincerely hope that Shaw has much more to offer than we saw. Vigurs gave another great display of shithousery but I would prefer he concentrated on his undoubted creativity rather than the dark arts. Anyhoo, a fecking great point given what was a shambolic first half.

(, 06:50 PM)county AML Wrote: believe me you were better of at home the first half we were total garbage second half was only slightly better got a badly needed but totally undeserved point goalkeeper getting MOTM without having made a save to talk off says it all

Laidlaw made 3 great saves in quick succession, and I reckon made 5 saves in total. I have no issue with him getting MoM.

(, 09:03 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Laidlaw made 3 great saves in quick succession, and I reckon made 5 saves in total. I have no issue with him getting MoM.

Agreed with this, think he did well. May's goal was pretty well placed across him so I can just about forgive it!

(, 08:52 PM)Polarbare Wrote: As normal I think I watched  a different match from many. Can’t believe those doubting Laidlaw’s contribution to securing a point - I assume they went for a pie in the first half. Also not entirely sure where Mullin was in the first half? Credit to the changes made for the second half which allowed Mullin to get more involved and it was evident that Paton was the catalyst for far more control of the midfield. I sincerely hope that Shaw has much more to offer than we saw. Vigurs gave another great display of shithousery but I would prefer he concentrated on his undoubted creativity rather than the dark arts. Anyhoo, a fecking great point given what was a shambolic first half.
Mulllin had Tanser on toast, then we stopped passing to him.

Laidlaw made a couple of excellent saves, a few wobbly kicks but otherwise more than solid.