Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retrospective vs Livi 05/02
Didn't make it due to work running late but that's a way to shut up the naysayers (me included).

Two goals Billy desperately needed and deserved with the work he gets through.

To those who made the game: how was it?

EDIT: The St Mirren/Accies draw is almost a bonus point as well.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Couldn't possibly comment.........I'm a bullying happy clapper.
Cue....... Pete backing me up !

(02-05-2020, 11:09 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Couldn't possibly comment.........I'm a bullying happy clapper.

hahaha...... get a grip min. You’re allowed to clap happy tonight !

Donaldson was immense. My MOM. The return of Draper proved fruitful and McKay seemed the McKay of old with his goals. A well fought victory and badly needed. Well done boys!

(02-05-2020, 11:09 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Couldn't possibly comment.........I'm a bullying happy clapper.

Quiet at the back! No happy clapping here thanks.

I missed first goal as running late from work, second goal was a great through ball by Vigurs. A high press forced an error. Thought MacKay had taken a heavy touch, but he was able to round the keeper and slot it away. Draper was immense, as was Donaldson, stood up to a very physical Livy, in fact Donaldson ended up with a cut face after an elbow by Dykes, although I don’t think it was deliberate, TV may show different .A good all round performance, not always pretty on the eye, the ball will be sore,but three points .
Every player played their part, quite a few changes in personal from Saturday, which ,from reports on Saturday was needed.
Draper got MOM ,harsh on MacKay getting two goals, but the right decision.
Well done County, not in free fall anymore ,found the ripcord!

Definitely want to highlight Sean Kelly, had a good game today and put in some good crosses. Donaldson and Draper stood up to pretty much everything, and Paton again looked up for it. The passing by Vigurs occasionally was superb, which definitely showed for the second goal.

Draper is just what we’ve been missing, offering some protection in front of the defence, and adding bite to midfield. We beat Livi at there own game last night. First to every ball and getting forward fast. Mackay plays much better as one of a pair of out and out strikers. Lay offs and tap ins are his bread and butter, difficult when up top on your own.

What was it, 5 or 6 changes? Fairly freshened things up anyway.

(02-06-2020, 12:22 AM)NVACA Wrote: Definitely want to highlight Sean Kelly, had a good game today and put in some good crosses. Donaldson and Draper stood up to pretty much everything, and Paton again looked up for it. The passing by Vigurs occasionally was superb, which definitely showed for the second goal.

I second the comment re Kelly.  He is getting better and better.  i just wish he had more confidence to get up the wing even more.  Draper and Vigers put themselves about and gave us some much missing steel.

Well done everyone.

It wasn't a great game from County, more an effective performance.  I've seen us play far better and lose this season.

Harry Paton had a great first half, he really seemed to relish the ruff treatment from Sibbald & Bartley. Donaldson, Morris and Draper looked really solid. It was Vigurs best performance in a County top in years.  Fraser has obviously been let loose and told to rampage up the right wing in a Andy Roberson style, his teeing up for McKay was excellent.  McKay really should have made it 3 after a great cross from Kelly.  Erwin is looking more and more impressive, he goes into battle with defenders all the time, maybe not winning but certainly making his presence felt and making defenders life difficult, his close control is very impressive so hopefully a goal or two will be forthcoming.

tattiedave Wrote:I missed first goal as running late from work,  second goal was a great through ball by Vigurs. A high press forced an error. Thought MacKay had taken a heavy touch, but he was able to round the keeper and slot it away. Draper was immense, as was Donaldson, stood up to a very physical Livy, in fact Donaldson ended up with a cut face after an elbow by Dykes, although I don’t think it was deliberate, TV may show different .A good all round performance, not always pretty on the eye, the ball will be sore,but three points .
Every player played their part, quite a few changes in personal from Saturday, which ,from reports on Saturday was needed.
Draper got MOM ,harsh on MacKay getting two goals, but the right decision.
Well done County, not in free fall anymore ,found the ripcord!
Agree with all your statement, great display from the whole team, each and everyone fought for every ball , continued throughout the whole game.
2 goals and a clean sheet, crowd seemed right behind the whole team last night.
A special mention to the young team, and not so young team in the Jailend, made an effort with drum, keep it going lads, make your band grow and grow.
PS (I missed first goal as running late from work) aye right! but! you were not running at work?

(02-06-2020, 04:50 PM)MOGO Wrote: Agree with all your statement, great display from the whole team, each and everyone fought for every ball , continued throughout the whole game.
2 goals and a clean sheet, crowd seemed right behind the whole team last night.
A special mention to the young team, and not so young team in the Jailend, made an effort with drum, keep it going lads, make your band grow and grow.
PS (I missed first goal as running late from work) aye right! but! you were not running at work?
Haha,true I suppose,I’m like James May,I don’t do running

Great result and was starting to worry about our form.. Nice one lads Smile

Yup, a desperately needed performance and result. Confidence booster for heading to Easter Road.

A depleted Caley side who lost their "star" players eased to a win today against Livi. Our next two games will give us a much better indication of where we are after the transfer window.

(02-08-2020, 10:28 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: A depleted Caley side who lost their "star" players eased to a win today against Livi. Our next two games will give us a much better indication of where we are after the transfer window.

County's victory against Livi was very good. Livi are a fine team with a quality manager. How Livi presented themselves in the cup does not reflect on their league game with us. They've had excellent results against the old firm and are on target for top six. Anything can happen in the cup game as we found out against Ayr.

(02-09-2020, 12:26 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: County's victory against Livi was very good. Livi are a fine team with a quality manager. How Livi presented themselves in the cup does not reflect on their league game with us. They've had excellent results against the old firm and are on target for top six. Anything can happen in the cup game as we found out against Ayr.
Going to agree with you. The weather yesterday was a great leveller ,as Livingstones long ball game was ineffective in the weather conditions going by reports.
ICT goal was a cracker.
In effect ,you cannot judge County on this result Leftie.

Agreed - anything can happen in a cup game as Ayr found out against St. Johnstone.

(02-09-2020, 12:26 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: County's victory against Livi was very good. Livi are a fine team with a quality manager. How Livi presented themselves in the cup does not reflect on their league game with us. They've had excellent results against the old firm and are on target for top six. Anything can happen in the cup game as we found out against Ayr.

Yip, you're spot on.

tattiedave Wrote:Going to agree with you. The weather yesterday was a great leveller ,as Livingstones long ball game was ineffective in the weather conditions going by reports.
ICT goal was a cracker.
In effect ,you cannot judge County on this result Leftie.

Did I hear that Livingstone made five changes from the team that was beat by County?
End of the day they were beat fair and square on both occasions.