Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Killie v County Saturday 1st February
Time for us to start getting points on the board again after difficult start to 2020. Snuff out Burke and we will be in with a shout. I believe the team have just stayed down in the central belt since the Rangers game to focus on the Killie match and reduce the travelling.
Not a must win yet,but it’s a don’t lose!

tattiedave Wrote:Time for us to start getting points on the board again after difficult start to 2020. Snuff out Burke and we will be in with a shout. I believe the team have just stayed down in the central belt since the Rangers game to focus on the Killie match and reduce the travelling.
Not a must win yet,but it’s a don’t lose!
I'd be looking for us to win this one as they haven't been great - the plastic pitch seems to have favoured our style of play in past visits - so I don't see why we can't grab three points here....team stayed down the road which makes sense - here's hoping for a win to get us back on track....it's tight down the bottom so 3 points could be huge - we don't have to play Celtic again and only have one more game against Rangers so others have to play them.....MON THE STAGGIES!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Oh boy are we in trouble.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Sh*tfest!

Two wins from eighteen league games.

Kettlewell & Ferguson were hardly inspiring in the Championship, certainly nowhere near being Premiership managers.

McIntyre was given stick for less, time to end the experiment.

We are in freefall ,I was hoping we would get something out of today,massive worry now.

Ketts and Fergie in hot water then? If we don't beat Livi, which I doubt we'll get anything from, then we're in serious trouble.

(02-01-2020, 09:07 PM)tattiedave Wrote: We are in freefall ,I was hoping we would get something out of today,massive worry now.

I’d agree! It’s simply not working. We’ve got the recently departed Gallagher who was outstanding for Aberdeen today gone without a sniff of a chance of a game with us. The squad is good enough but I’m afraid the management are not.

(02-01-2020, 11:30 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: I’d agree! It’s simply not working. We’ve got the recently departed Gallagher who was outstanding for Aberdeen today 

Not the same Gallagher..

(02-01-2020, 11:45 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Not the same Gallagher..

No matter how many times you tell them that, they'll ignore it. It just doesn't fit with their agenda!

That was....not good

We were fortunate to be in front at HT- Vigs scoring an absolute peach with pretty much the only decent attack we put together all day, with Killie dominant the rest of the half

Killie equalised early on in the 2nd half- Brophy, despite being surrounded by defenders, managing to find enough space to get a shot away form the edge of the box- Baxter got something on it but it ended up beating him

Pretty much straight from the restart, Killie won a penalty. It was one of those which looked soft but ultimately I think the referee got correct- Brophy duly converted

From then on we barely laid a glove on Killie (honourable mention for Baxter for a tremendous save from a header at a corner), who eventually got a 3rd from a header from a free kick. You'll have to forgive me for not being able to provide details of the last 5 minutes of the game- I made my way back to the pub after we conceded the 3rd

Hate to say it, but that's 2 wins from 19 in all competitions- I've seen folk clamouring for the heads of management teams with better records than that. The squad is seriously unbalanced, and while it's not exactly straightforward bringing players in (and a bit of basic research would reveal that the yoof they dispensed with isn't (yet) anywhere near the Dons 1st XI), this is their squad now- they've had a number of windows to build it. Why so many CMs and so few wingers? Cowie started at LM today (no, really) and while they evidently (and not unjustifiably) feel he has something to offer, it's not out there

We're in trouble
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

We are in serious trouble, all those around us look solid enough to nick the odd draw or win from somewhere, we look so soft.

(02-02-2020, 12:12 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: No matter how many times you tell them that, they'll ignore it. It just doesn't fit with their agenda!

Apologies, wrong Gallagher right enough.

However, what agenda are you talking about?

(02-02-2020, 12:44 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Cowie started at LM today (no, really) 

What on earth

(02-02-2020, 12:56 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Apologies, wrong Gallagher right enough.

However, what agenda are you talking about?

Agenda is the wrong description. 

IMO there are people, including yourself, who like to post an unhealthy percentage of negative comments regarding our team and management.
Although I agree with some of the views made, I don't join in with the constant negativity that finds its way on here as it is counterproductive.
We are a club that has come a long way since I 1st supported us. I think some people forget that sometimes.
The squad, which they've assembled, is unbalanced, but contains some quality players. We need more quality in the wider areas and Ferg n Ketts will know this I'm sure.

Ferg n Ketts will keep us up this season and the squad will be adjusted in the summer. This is only our 1st season back in the SPL and to stay up is all that matters.

The performances have been inconsistent which is frustrating for everyone. We are still 4points clear of the playoff spot which is better than what we were at the start of the season. If we can find a way to scrape a couple of wins, I know it doesn't look likely currently, we will be ok.

If the worst happened and we got relegated, I'll still support my team, with optimism!

(02-03-2020, 08:57 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Agenda is the wrong description. 

IMO there are people, including yourself, who like to post an unhealthy percentage of negative comments regarding our team and management.
Although I agree with some of the views made, I don't join in with the constant negativity that finds its way on here as it is counterproductive.
We are a club that has come a long way since I 1st supported us. I think some people forget that sometimes.
The squad, which they've assembled, is unbalanced, but contains some quality players. We need more quality in the wider areas and Ferg n Ketts will know this I'm sure.

Ferg n Ketts will keep us up this season and the squad will be adjusted in the summer. This is only our 1st season back in the SPL and to stay up is all that matters.

The performances have been inconsistent which is frustrating for everyone. We are still 4points clear of the playoff spot which is better than what we were at the start of the season. If we can find a way to scrape a couple of wins, I know it doesn't look likely currently, we will be ok.

If the worst happened and we got relegated, I'll still support my team, with optimism!

These people aren't negative. They are realistic. Huge difference. I would rather have people like that, who will call out poor performances, than happy clappers who oddly seem accepting of abject football on a weekly basis. 

You claim the side have been inconsistent, they've not. They have been utterly inept this season. Let's have a quick look at the last ten games, we've won two games, drawn two, and lost the rest. We have shipped 18 goals, and scored 10. 

Onto your claims of "Ferg n Ketts" will keep us up and strengthen in the Summer, why didn't they do that this Summer? Or January? They would be incredibly lucky to have a job if we were to drop. In truth they are lucky to have a job at this current time. 

Lastly, nobody has forgot we are a small little club, from a small little town from the wilderness. It's 2020 now, not 1994. County are where they are on merit. Need to get rid of this small team mentality, almost accepting relegation because we aren't from the bright lights. It's a complete nonsense.

(02-03-2020, 09:37 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: These people aren't negative. They are realistic. Huge difference. I would rather have people like that, who will call out poor performances, than happy clappers who oddly seem accepting of abject football on a weekly basis. 

You claim the side have been inconsistent, they've not. They have been utterly inept this season. Let's have a quick look at the last ten games, we've won two games, drawn two, and lost the rest. We have shipped 18 goals, and scored 10. 

Onto your claims of "Ferg n Ketts" will keep us up and strengthen in the Summer, why didn't they do that this Summer? Or January? They would be incredibly lucky to have a job if we were to drop. In truth they are lucky to have a job at this current time. 

Lastly, nobody has forgot we are a small little club, from a small little town from the wilderness. It's 2020 now, not 1994. County are where they are on merit. Need to get rid of this small team mentality, almost accepting relegation because we aren't from the bright lights. It's a complete nonsense.

So I'm a happy clapper because I don't believe negativity is productive?
I have a small team mentality and won't mind being relegated?
You'll have to ask the management why they haven't signed wide players? I don't actually know!
County have been rubbish and I have noticed, as have everyone I'm sure. What good knowing that does me?

It's basically hope and optimism v despair and pessimism.

(02-03-2020, 10:02 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: So I'm a happy clapper because I don't believe negativity is productive?
I have a small team mentality and won't mind being relegated?
You'll have to ask the management why they haven't signed wide players? I don't actually know!
County have been rubbish and I have noticed, as have everyone I'm sure. What good knowing that does me?

It's basically hope and optimism v despair and pessimism.

You're wasting your time with that pair Jamie, their pessimism and negativity is insidious.  Notice they never post when we win?

# Happy clappers of the world unite #

(02-03-2020, 10:18 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Notice they never post when we win?

Doubt anybody notices considering we've only won five games this season.

(02-03-2020, 12:16 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Doubt anybody notices considering we've only won five games this season.

That pair always back each other with their blind optimism. They should try living in the real world and see things as they actually are. Not try and imply they are better County supporters than the rest of us! They try to rule this forum and kill off the rest of us. Nasty pair of bullies indeed.