Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Rangers 29/01
After Celtic away the games don't get any easier with us now playing the other half of the Glasgow twosome.

They'll be smarting after Boyce  Sad scored the winner against them at Tynecastle, so I hope we can stand up to the early pressure they'll no doubt throw at us.

Expect us to lose by a couple, at least one questionable penalty to be awarded in their favour.

Same team as vs Celtic if possible.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Despot Wrote:After Celtic away the games don't get any easier with us now playing the other half of the Glasgow twosome.

They'll be smarting after Boyce  Sad scored the winner against them at Tynecastle, so I hope we can stand up to the early pressure they'll no doubt throw at us.

Expect us to lose by a couple, at least one questionable penalty to be awarded in their favour.

Can't argue with keeping the same team that played against Celtic if everyone is fit - there is no doubt they'll throw everything but the kitchen sink at us - but that may leave opportunities for us to catch them on the break - but if we get similar chances as we got on Saturday we need to take them...defence will need to be 100% on it....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Despot Wrote:After Celtic away the games don't get any easier with us now playing the other half of the Glasgow twosome.

Rangers tend to sit a yard or two deeper than the tims so was not expecting as many long balls in behind them as we had on Saturday but as you said they will be smarting after losing to hearts so will be pushing forward hard for the first goal hopefully leaving more space for the long ball which caused the tims so much bother on another day we could have scored 4 lets hope the finishing is a bit better Wednesday

Very difficult game. Possible County will be the whipping boys after Sunday's result.

I watched Hearts beat the new club on Sunday.  Hearts used their pressing game well. They didn't give the rangers any time or space on the ball by chasing them down whenever possession was lost and when the rangers tried to play the ball from the back. That was risky strategy that paid off. Although the rangers had the better chances, those mainly resulted from their counter attacks. 

As it was, Hearts finished with five strikers on the park. They still went looking for another goal even after Boyce scored what proved to be the winner with around 10 minutes left, including added time. On another day, the rangers could have equalised during the same period due to Hearts high press continuing until the final whistle.

I suppose that Hearts pressing game and high line - combined with their emphasis on the best form of defence being attack - worked well for them.

I think that the main issue County can take from into this game is to not give the rangers any peace, whether they are in possession of the ball or not...

Score first and the ‘new’ rangers supporters will be raging. This mob ain’t half as good as Celtic and are there for the taking. COYS

Their injury situation with Jack and Tavernier out means they are short of two main players and that is where we need to take advantage. Both of those players are massive for them. Hopefully our management can work out a way to get at them. Any points from this game would be fantastic!

Looking at the league table, we could really do with a run of consecutive positive results like we had in the latter stages of 2014/15 (especially given that this new striker Hearts have appears to be decent) - something like 10 in a row would be lovely

The way to play them is arguably to be on the front foot and engage- we were far too passive against them in Dingwall earlier this season, and they picked us off without breaking sweat
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Couldn't do much with that second goal, cut to pieces.

Keeping the score down is the goal now.

Well that's that done with.

I saw a lot of the second half via totally legitimate and above board means online, and thought we looked alright for big spells. Think we just need to dust ourselves off after our brutal last 4 days and try and look forward to Killie on saturday.

Was at the game tonight. Fair result, the gulf in quality is always going to produce similar. Although in saying that we had some good moves and passages of play. If we’re a wee bit more decisive in the final 3rd we’d get more success but hey ho it’s damage limitation. Coll Donaldson man of the match for me, strolled it must of the night despite losing the ball twice to Defoe (I think it was him when he turned in the box and scored). But tbf the boys one of the highest all time scorers in England. Vigurs looked good in spells and Mullin wasn’t half bad either

Killie is a massive game now, would encourage as many as we can muster to get down to it if possible! 4away games on the bounce after a winter break is a shambles

Managed to watch the match via a friends Rangers TV subscription - actually thought County played very well in the first half and as Ullapool has said above, if the decision making in the final 3rd had been sharper we'd have taken the lead - that may have changed the outcome - looked like a lot of tired legs at the end of the game, two games doing a lot of running after the ball back to back against the Celtic and Rangers - at least those two games are now out of the way and we only have to play Rangers once more in Dingwall.....need to now chip away at the others and try and pick up some points - looking at the squad on paper there's no reason why we can't go on a wee run starting on Saturday!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Numbers of Staggies was a disappointment but to be expected really on a wednesday night in Glasgow and the poor weather. Whilst a loss, all appears not lost as we must be due to win with the way we are playing.

(01-30-2020, 08:42 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: Numbers of Staggies was a disappointment but to be expected really on a wednesday night in Glasgow and the poor weather. Whilst a loss, all appears not lost as we must be due to win with the way we are playing.

Some are probably like me- I flat out refuse to go to either Ibrox or Parkhead.

(01-30-2020, 10:09 PM)Despot Wrote: Some are probably like me- I flat out refuse to go to either Ibrox or Parkhead.

Cant help but actually feel for the county of players seeing such little support at the two. They usually (maybe not this season) thrive on the big occasion. Think if we mustered a really good support it’d give them some bounce