Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs st Johnstone 29/12
2nd game in a row where there has been no thread, so starting one with 1/2 hour of the game to go.
Sounds like we are really struggling, only 1 attempt at goal so far to st js 9, 6 county Players booked, and stewart and Morris both off with injuries, it ain't looking good.

(12-29-2019, 05:21 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: 2nd game in a row where there has been no thread, so starting one with 1/2 hour of the game to go.
Sounds like we are really struggling, only 1 attempt at goal so far to st js 9, 6 county Players booked, and stewart and Morris both off with injuries, it ain't looking good.

Haha, I take it all back, well done vigurs, now hold on for the 3 points please.

1-0 county. Nice play by vigurs

(12-29-2019, 05:32 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: 1-0 county. Nice play by vigurs
Hope we can hold on for on a point. 
Anyone know what the record number of yellow cards in one match is????

Anyone know what the score is with all the cards, and sending off. Great to see Vigurs back, could be like a new signing if we can stay fit for rest of season. What position was he playing in?

A solid away point that will do us nicely

I think the break has come at the right time. We definitely need to regroup and start being a team again.
The enjoyment and trust in each other seems to have gone out of the team.
The managers need to get the team spirit back to where it was at the start of the season.
Hope Ross Stewart is not too injured as he is our best player right now and the last one that I would like to see sidelined for a long period. Here's hoping he will be ok after the break.

(12-29-2019, 10:12 PM)edinburghexile Wrote: I think the break has come at the right time. We definitely need to regroup and start being a team again.
The managers need to get the team spirit back to where it was at the start of the season.
Hope Ross Stewart is not too injured as he is our best player right now and the last one that I would like to see sidelined for a long period. Here's hoping he will be ok after the break.
There's a lot of sense and I suspect truth in there.
We seem to have gone from being a team to a group of individuals who have lost faith in each other. Not sure if it's a cause or a symptom but we seem to have got away from a relatively settled side and system to making huge variations from one game to another.
Wonder if we also need to up our game off the park especially with communications to the fans.

(12-29-2019, 10:12 PM)edinburghexile Wrote: I think the break has come at the right time. We definitely need to regroup and start being a team again.
Have to disagree - I thought the Motherwell game was possibly our best team performance of the season, the loss was extremely harsh on the guys - the spirit was good, they were definitely playing for each other. Of course there's room for improvement but I fully expect a positive second half of the season..

The players do not respond to the fans except when they score. Back in the day when Richie Brittain was captain he made sure by example that the players acknowledged the fans at the beginning and end of each game and our fans used to always applaud the team after each match. Now the players just leave the pitch and all the fans have left the building within a minute of full time. The all in it together spirit that was in place then has vanished.

edinburghexile Wrote:The players do not respond to the fans except when they score. Back in the day when Richie Brittain was captain he made sure by example that the players acknowledged the fans at the beginning and end of each game and  our fans used to always applaud the team after each match. Now the players just leave the pitch and all the fans have left the building within a minute of full time. The all in it together spirit that was in place then has vanished.
Can't disagree with that. Fair to say that we don't give the players much to respond to, but Richie's example of fan  engagement is sorely missed..

Never understood this obsession some fans seem to have with being clapped. Yesterday for example Fontaine was getting it tight from a few folk in the away crowd, why would he then want to come over and say thanks?

Missed opportunity for a win yesterday, and with St Mirren and Hamilton both getting wins we are precariously close to the play off spot. The home fixture with Hearts is going to be massive. Lose that, and we are going to be in trouble. The next three fixtures after that are all away, and two of those are against the Bigot Brothers.

(12-29-2019, 11:34 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Have to disagree - I thought the Motherwell game was possibly our best team performance of the season, the loss was extremely harsh on the guys - the spirit was good, they were definitely playing for each other. Of course there's room for improvement but I fully expect a positive second half of the season..
Motherwell was close to our best performance of the season and we got nothing, yesterday was our worst performance and we got a point........ football, it's a funny old game!!!!
I'd take grinding out results any day of the week ahead of good performances, but I'd probably stop watching as yesterday was dire.

(12-29-2019, 11:34 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Have to disagree - I thought the Motherwell game was possibly our best team performance of the season, the loss was extremely harsh on the guys - the spirit was good, they were definitely playing for each other. Of course there's room for improvement but I fully expect a positive second half of the season..

I wasn't able to be at the Motherwell match but have attended most games this season and recently we have definitely not been the same as at the start of the season. The Livingston game was even worse than yesterday although the "virus" could have been the reason.
In my opinion too many players are hiding in recent matches which is something I could not have said during the earlier games. Again because of the virus this might be the case but they do not look as fit and certainly not full of running as we were getting earlier.

Hopefully the break will sort this out.

(12-30-2019, 09:10 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Never understood this obsession some fans seem to have with being clapped. Yesterday for example Fontaine was getting it tight from a few folk in the away crowd, why would he then want to come over and say thanks?

Missed opportunity for a win yesterday, and with St Mirren and Hamilton both getting wins we are precariously close to the play off spot. The home fixture with Hearts is going to be massive. Lose that, and we are going to be in trouble. The next three fixtures after that are all away, and two of those are against the Bigot Brothers.

100% agree with this, all for criticism of players on forums like this but as soon as your at the game you back each of your own players the full 90 no matter who. ‘Supporters’. I agree players should come acknowledge fans if they have supported but wouldn’t want to after having abuse the whole game. We do need that connection back between fans and players. We have a loyal away support but we need to be more vocal. That especially gods home Games too, actually awkward the silence at home games

There have been a lot of changes recently but most have been as a result of injury, sickness or suspension.

Spence would have played if he was available but it was interesting to see Vigurs back yesterday. It was evident from early on that he was somewhat off the pace but it was good to have someone prepared to put his foot on the ball and see how things developed. Coincidentally, or perhaps not, Harry had his worst game for some time. One of his greatest assets is a willingness to take responsibility but it was almost as if he was deferring to Vigurs yesterday.

I remember fondly our fist year in the Premier league when we came back from the winter break in startlingly good form and look forward to a repeat.

Would have been there if I hadn't been down in England seeing family (and attending AFC Wimbledon vs Oxford, where there were several players who'd do a job for us).

I said to my brother in law I'd take the point and was pleased with it, despite other results not really working out.

The cards racking up is becoming a small worry.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway