Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Killie 14/12
Another tough game for us, with the generally seriously hard to beat Kilmarnock. They lost to Livi so maybe that gives us more hope if we can get a good performance in and get a second win in a row to help us keep racking the points up.

I don't see a lot of goals in this. If we win, it'll be 1-0 but I could easily see this being a 0-0.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Definitely not an easy game but neither was the Hibs game if we get right in there faces we should hopefully get a win Same team as last time out if Foster is fit

(12-11-2019, 10:45 AM)County Lad Wrote: Definitely not an easy game but neither was the Hibs game if we get right in there faces we should hopefully get a win Same team as last time out if Foster is fit

Hopefully a win to get us through to January window. Pleased. Our keeper is fit

County need to get an early and the first goal. If Killie get the first i think they will sit in and will absorb any pressure well. When County do score they need to go for a second to try to kill the game.

We have the talent and the players can do it but need to be under less pressure. We usually shoot ourselves in the foot early on and then chase the game. Its not good for the atmosphere or my ticker!

Ok,I’ll stick my neck out and say we will get a clean sheet,Two nil County( but I’m not putting that on at the bookies) !

Watching the updates on Twitter and got the shock of my life when I saw that power had just been booked, unfortunately it was kilmarnocks player of the same surname lol.
Speaking of which, does anyone know the real story on Simon power? Naughty step, sent back to Norwich, injured ???????????

Told today he's had a long term injury poss hamstring but back training and getting time with under 19s

Great win today and overall thot County deserved the win, especially second half. Great ending after a good period of pressure from County

Hope the Gardyne injury was just precautionary but it looked hamstring to me. Hope he gets back soon but team did well today. Some lovely passing. Defence was good today and for you Fontaine moaners, he was good today. Up and down park and make good tackles and guiding ball out. Was skinned once but cover given by Morris.

Good to hear the County singing and good onthe players at the end clapping.

We need to get behind them and hopefully momentum now going in right direction

Another fantastic result. I was worried after that St Midden one that we were in for a very long winter but fair play lads.

A good performance.

Looked a bit toothless for chunks but a lot of it was generally solid against a decent Killie side. What a hit the one that came off the bar was, absolutely leathered it.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

I've been quietly impressed with Sean Kelly for a couple of games now but I think today he was fantastic. I've also been critical of Fontaine earlier in the season and think that he had a solid game today, some really good tackles and anticipating the ball well.

A shame to lose midge so early and I hope it's not too serious.

Billy Mckay can't seem to buy a goal scoring chance at the moment, hope he can get that scoring touch back soon. Brian Graham works so hard chasing lost causes but it must be so frustrating for him, he never seems best pleased on the pitch anyway!

(12-15-2019, 12:35 AM)NVACA Wrote: I've been quietly impressed with Sean Kelly for a couple of games now but I think today he was fantastic. I've also been critical of Fontaine earlier in the season and think that he had a solid game today, some really good tackles and anticipating the ball well.

A shame to lose midge so early and I hope it's not too serious.

Billy Mckay can't seem to buy a goal scoring chance at the moment, hope he can get that scoring touch back soon. Brian Graham works so hard chasing lost causes but it must be so frustrating for him, he never seems best pleased on the pitch anyway!

I'm happy to eat humble pie over Kelly, most improved player this year imo.

Mckay works so hard for the team that I can forgive his lack of goals.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(12-15-2019, 12:41 AM)Despot Wrote: I'm happy to eat humble pie over Kelly, most improved player this year imo.

Mckay works so hard for the team that I can forgive his lack of goals.

Yeah, given how many people wrote Kelly off earlier in the year (and last year) I am very happy to be wrong and for him to keep improving.

I think Mckay's workrate is outstanding, especially given the position that he slotted into today after Gardyne went off. I'd like to see him get a goal or two but it's not for lack of trying. He does provide good link play.

Special mention to Harry Paton, benefitting from a run of games in the team, but controlled the midfield with Spence today. For the first time in ages I was confident of County getting to second balls.

Whole team had a really good game, a top performance and a well deserved 3 points and clean sheet.

It was a ding dong game that Killie deserve credit for too, Brophy was a handful and Baxter had a couple of good saves.

I hope Midge isn't out for too long. I thought the team missed Graham when he went off, I was calling for Erwin to come on but his movement wasn't so good and he wanted too long on the ball but what a finish!

Kelly was superb! He dominated that left side, had Burke in his back pocket abd wow what a pass that was in the second half 70 yards straight onto Mullin toe!

Imo a special mention is required for Spence and Paton, their energy and quick positive passing set the tone right from the opening whistle.

Whole team deserves congratulations. First game in a very long time where we have played well in both halves. Perhaps the consistency of selection was contributory , certainly saw improvement in defence probably due to more settled midfield and improving cover and understanding with Spence and Paton.
Some great work and effort put in throughout the team and in the end we deserved what we got.
Just a bit worrying over injuries to Gardyne and Spence hope they can shake them off, goodness knows we have enough players on the treatment tables!
Hope we can carry the form forward to next week and do to Livingston what they did to us earlier in the season.

Was it just me or was some of the way Paton made himself available when Fonts/Morris/Baxter had the ball by turning his back to the Kilmarnock players and demanding the ball reminiscent of how Paul Lawson used to play for us?
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Starting to play as a team a bit now. Taking ownership of the ball and being patient. Far from Total Football, but getting better!

Have to agree with all these comments. A much more composed and organised performance. Brilliant ending to the game!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Alessio sacked!