Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Celtic 01/12/19
Not too surprised by what I saw today. When we set up the way we do against Celtic or Rangers it is effective up to the point we lose the first goal and that inevitably happens early on. From there on in we are simply unable to change and the following minutes are hard going. I thought Celtic didn’t really have to get out of first gear throughout which made it a bit of a doddle for them. A bit of concern when I heard Ketts after the game saying in effect that the operation was a success but the patient died. Have absolutely no idea how Erwin got a start today - Chalmers, Midge etc on the bench? Some of the starts must be killing it at training.
Don’t want to be the harbinger of doom but unless we get something from the next two games I have no doubt that the Chairman will revert to trigger mode. Let’s hope we find a side that can get 3 points on Wednesday. Finally, a special mention for the referee; it can’t be easy to be so fantastically incompetent that you disallow a goal because footballers are a just a tad smarter than you are.

(12-01-2019, 12:58 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Listening in on sportsound, Cannae believe Charlie Christie and billy Dodds expressing shock and surprise at countys best defender Marcus Fraser being dropped, I'm sure all county fans would agree it's been long overdue, although Fontaine should really be the first one dropped.

at last someone else who sees what I see Marcus has been utterly clueless for the whole season but at last he has been handed the correct position ( left back on the bench ) can only hope he stays there for Wednesdays game not bothered who plays in his place it can only be an improvement

(12-01-2019, 01:03 PM)mike horne Wrote: And when the chairman comes out with this unbelievable statement of. "I would take 10th today and settle for another year in the league.”What does that tell you about what’s going on at Ross County at the moment. that tells me that he is given up on survival, he wants to take what he’s got now.That tells me he doesn’t have confidence for the future. I’m going to put a name in the frame,this coach is very very highly rated and Ross County need someone with his pedigree
Neil Critchley. He is one of only 16 in the country to have gained the highest possible qualification in the game after he was handpicked by the FA to take UEFA's first elite badge course.
After 18 months the former midfielder graduated - and is currently among the top-graded coaches in Europe. Come on Roy get in there.He is highly rated at Liverpool football club just make enquiries.He is under 23’s manager at Liverpool,they don’t employ monkeys.

You need to look at the amount of money MacGregor has put into County over the years, recent years especially. He has got very little back, and whilst he obviously knows he is very rarely going to get a return, I dare say he wants the club to run at a more sustainable level.

As for your managerial point, whilst his CV looks very impressive, so did Ian Cathro's and his stint with Hearts wasn't particularly inspiring. I can't see MacGregor pulling the trigger until the end of December. Three tough home fixtures, and two away fixtures against teams we need to be beating. Got to be looking to take 8/9 points from that run of games.

Yesterday was fine until Celtic scored as Polarbare said, we seemed to change formation but didn't really know what to do. Paton was the only player who showed willingness to get the ball and to keep it, opposed to lashing it up front for Erwin to chase after. On the odd occasion Erwin did get the ball, there was nobody up with him to provide support.

The team are crying out for a defender like Davies, someone who can organise a back line and work as one unit. The second goal yesterday was embarrassingly poor to concede. Apart from giving Ajer twenty minutes to decide where to pass, the defensive line was so disjointed. Whilst we cry out for a Davies, it's an unfortunate reality we will most likely end up with another dud like Donaldson from our neighbours.

(12-01-2019, 08:45 PM)county AML Wrote: at last someone else who sees what I see Marcus has been utterly clueless for the whole season but at last he has been handed the correct position ( left back on the bench ) can only hope he stays there for Wednesdays game not bothered who plays in his place it can only be an improvement

We conceded four goals which tells me Marcus is not the problem in defence.

(12-02-2019, 09:48 PM)tattiedave Wrote: We conceded four goals which tells me Marcus is not the problem in defence.

we lost 6 going on 16 the last time with no reply 4 - 1 to the tims is an average result in this league at least we were in there half this time and scored ( 2 ) perfectly good goals yep 2
only my opinion but I feel Marcus holds our back line far to deep and is far to slow putting the ball forward giving the opposition all the time they need to cover any forward moves he seems to get to the halfway line stop turn and pass it backwards
part of the game I know but it seems he isn't looking for the forward pass as many people have said before attack is the best form of defence

Pick any of the backline- they're all struggling. I thought Watson started the season alright but he's been shaky from what I've seen the last few games. Fraser is way off his best, Kelly is doing okay, Foster has been decent with the odd foul up and Fontaine is absolutely done at this level.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

In real terms we are not in at Celtic's financial level. They are now putting their mark at top European level again. We need to have realistic expectations. Not sure where that is but Roy is probably not far off the mark.

There some spells of very good play and a bit more confidence I thought. Against teams in the bottom half I would expect us to give a good account.

(12-03-2019, 09:54 AM)the reaper Wrote: In real terms we are not in at Celtic's financial level. They are now putting their mark at top European level again. We need to have realistic expectations. Not sure where that is but Roy is probably not far off the mark.

There some spells of very good play and a bit more confidence I thought. Against teams in the bottom half I would expect us to give a good account.

Don't buy that arguement. Livingston beat them!

(12-02-2019, 11:47 PM)Despot Wrote: Pick any of the backline- they're all struggling. I thought Watson started the season alright but he's been shaky from what I've seen the last few games. Fraser is way off his best, Kelly is doing okay, Foster has been decent with the odd foul up and Fontaine is absolutely done at this level.

We should offer Fontaine to hibs in an exchange deal for Jason Naismith, that would sort out 2 defensive positions straight away.

(12-03-2019, 10:23 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Don't buy that arguement. Livingston beat them!

One swallow doesn't make it summer. Even Celtic will have a bad day at the office.

(12-03-2019, 10:23 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Don't buy that arguement. Livingston beat them!

Livingston are more effective at hustling teams than we are.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.