Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Predictions for this season
Hey guys,

Thought we could get a good gauge of how we feel the mighty staggies will fair this season by posting our predictions. Here’s to some healthy debate and some positivity.

Who will be our most important player?
Who will be the surprise package?
Who will we finish above? Steady now ?

I’ll get things started by saying we’ll avoid the drop. Mon the Staggies!

Brick 
After seeing the first two league performances I feel more optimistic, albeit that the opposition happened to be gash both times, and will probably be stronger in future meetings.

St Mirren and Livi both look more competent than we might have hoped but somehow - with good team spirit, attitude, confidence and ability - I'll predict finishing 9th. To do that we'll need more points than Hamilton, Livi and St Mirren or perhaps one of faltering St Johnstone or slightly-less-convincing Kilmarnock or strong-looking Motherwell.

"9th?" I hear you exclaim in incredulity and blind loyalty - That may not sound super optimistic but before the season started I'd have felt 10th was a stretch. It's no disrespect to our players nor management /coaching staff - on paper our squad are simply less valuable than most of the opposition right now.

Surprise package - it'll be no surprise if e.g. Mullin, Stewart and others will perform well. I reckon the squad will all prove themselves worthy as Premiership players. Regarding new signings I like the look of LAIDLAW, and think he will save us points. Hoping to see people like ARMSTRONG bursting into contention, injuries permitting.

Still dreaming of a higher place but, as a Steady Staggie, 9th is my prediction.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Most important player- draper

Surprise package- Callum Morris , I don’t think anyone expected him to start the season as first choice but he has and I think he looks very good in there early days right enough though , Simon power, Lee Erwin, Blair spittal and joe chalmers could all be important for us aswell

Where we will finish- I genuinely feel we have a chance of top 6 as only rangers,celtic,hibs and aberdeen are stick ons at this point and hearts, killie and st Johnstone look poor so far , but I am predicting 8th place above Hamilton , St Johnstone , Livingston and Kilmarnock

Most important

A hard one to judge- could be anyone from Fontaine, Mullin, Midge, Draper and Stewart.

Callum Morris looks like he may surprise a few. Has been very solid so far.

I think 9th is achievable, we can finish above St. Mirren. Livi and Accies.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Most important - Billy Mackay. Goals win matches and he can create as well as score!

Surprise package - Sean Kelly. There's a good player in there and with a run in the team, giving him confidence, we'll see the player that Ferg n Ketts know is there!

Finish above - Hamilton, St Mirren, Livingston, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock for 7th. ( definitely finish above Caley!)

By the looks of things quite a few Premiership teams have lost important players and I honestly feel the league outwith the top two is wide open - securing the bulk of our squad will prove to be key over the season IMO.

So far the lads have looked very sharp and confident - shooting from outside the box, moving the ball around with confidence, the signs are positive and I'm optimistic albeit tinged with realism. Getting the spine of our team back Fontaine, Vigurs, Mckay will be massive if we can keep them all fit - and Morris has looked solid so far like a new players and I'm convinced we'll see the best of Sean Kelly this season with him getting a decent pre-season under his belt.

Who will be our most important player? - I think Vigurs will be massive for us in the middle of the park if we can keep him fit

Who will be the surprise package? I agree with jamiepscot that Sean Kelly with a good pre-season will be one of our standouts this season

Who will we finish above? Steady now ? I can see us either sneaking into the top six, or finishing best of the rest for 7th place - we'll get a better idea of how we are looking after the first run of games is complete - but we have to take our chances - should have taken all three points on Saturday, but the signs are positive
Supporter Liaison Officer 

In my opinion no one player makes a team what we do have is a squad that is prepared to play for each other
helping one another to become better players
Ross County have a strong group of players with cover for every position
We have no prima donas and two managers who will not stand for any nonsense
Now to try and answer the questions
Answered the first one above
Davis Kellor Dunn if he does not leave as he is scoring well for under21s
Kilmarnock, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Hearts, Livingston and St Mirren For me that would be a brilliant season

(08-14-2019, 10:14 AM)County Lad Wrote: In my opinion no one player makes a team what we do have is a squad that is prepared to play for each other
helping one another to become better players
Ross County have a strong group of players with cover for every position
We have no prima donas and two managers who will not stand for any nonsense
Now to try and answer the questions
Answered the first one above
Davis Kellor Dunn if he does not leave as he is scoring well for under21s
Kilmarnock, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Hearts, Livingston and St Mirren For me that would be a brilliant season

Totally agree with you - the squad is looking like a real unit and that is something that was sorely missing under McIintyre and Coyle - for me this is what Kett's and Fergie have been trying to do, build a squad that is number one, hard to beat - but they have also put together a squad with real quality and have a bunch of players who get on with each other on and off the park - that is down to good management and good coaching - very optimistic about the season ahead.
Supporter Liaison Officer