Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keep/Punt/Under contract so we're probably stuck with them
Sked especially seems to dislike us, not really sure why. Lindsay's a much better player now than he was two seasons ago.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

New contracts offered to Fox, Fraser, Draper (2yr deals) and Gardyne (1yr with optional 1yr extension).

Initial offers also made to other members of the squad

(05-05-2019, 08:27 PM)Despot Wrote: Sked especially seems to dislike us, not really sure why. Lindsay's a much better player now than he was two seasons ago.

These guys aren't experts in any way. It's basically a slightly more cerebral and tongue-in-cheek version of Sportscene.

I really don't think widespread changes are required - IMO squad continuity is more important this time around as should be our clubs expectations.

Previous managers have been all about top six target - that IMO just isn't as achievable anymore in the current top league structure.

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock (under Clarke) pretty much have the top six sewn up, so it's almost a two part league - top section fighting for league, Europe etc - bottom section fighting for survival and 7th place finish for a few more quid plus a potential cup run.

As Stuart said in recent interview, big city clubs pretty much have top six secured - Kilmarnock under Clarke have done an amazing job to be where they are in the league - but that's unusual given they haven't thrown lots of money at the squad they have.

Next season for us I feel will be about trying to finish 7th - even that will be tough going depending on who joins us in the league.

The top league needs serious restructure - 16 teams maybe, that would stop the big two accumulating the amount of points they grab by beating the other teams potentially 4 times - teams would only play each other twice - would be more competitive - but the big two aren't going to vote for that!

There are certain areas of the squad that needs some work - but would not like to see whole-scale changes as that can disrupt what we are trying to build as a team - a team hard to beat first and foremost.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

10th place next season is the target. Anything above that is a bonus.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(05-09-2019, 02:15 PM)Despot Wrote: 10th place next season is the target. Anything above that is a bonus.

Totally agree - survival in that league is job number one - Hamilton have managed it successfully for the last number of years, but they are also finding it tougher to remain above bottom three - it's just the nature of how that league is structured and the bigger city clubs having the financial advantage due to bigger support etc - it's always going to be tough for the smaller clubs to compete financially.

You can tell by the severe lack of coverage over the weekend on Sportscene where they did the Championship roundup and never gave us a mention that we had won the league and instead concentrated on the play-offs and relegation battle....not one single mention other than the article on the BBC website after out QOS game....

More reason for us to GIRU them.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-01-2019, 10:05 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I really don't like the title of this thread.

There's nothing wrong with speculating about next season's squad, but to use the word "punt" as if we're throwing away trash and "We're stuck with them" is not what I expect to see on a supporters website.

We won the league because we have the best squad, not just the best team. Every player gave their all to get us promoted and instead of getting thanks for their efforts we're relishing kicking them out.

Of course some players won't make the grade and some new faces will be brought in, but treating our players in such a disdainful way does us no favours.

Hilarious ???

(05-09-2019, 04:32 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: .

You can tell by the severe lack of coverage over the weekend on Sportscene where they did the Championship roundup and never gave us a mention that we had won the league and instead concentrated on the play-offs and relegation battle....not one single mention other than the article on the BBC website after out QOS game....

More reason for us to GIRU them.....
Seems fair enough to me. I had more interest in the relegation battle overall than just our game against Falkirk.