Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ayr vs county
Billy Mackay was the only difference between the sides last time, can we beat them again without him?
When I looked at what our last 5 fixtures would be compared to Dundee utds I thought this would be the game we are most likely to lose and they have come back into a bit of form after a slump, hope I'm wrong and we have won a league in an evening match away to Ayr before, hope Ritchie brittains telling them all about it.

P.s. If we lose on Friday does anyone else think Caley will lie down to Dundee Utd on Saturday, especially that dick Rooney, their play off spot is all but secure.
I remember Caley 0-4 Forfar.

(04-15-2019, 12:29 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Billy Mackay was the only difference between the sides last time, can we beat them again without him?
When I looked at what our last 5 fixtures would be compared to Dundee utds I thought this would be the game we are most likely to lose and they have come back into a bit of form after a slump, hope I'm wrong and we have won a league in an evening match away to Ayr before, hope Ritchie brittains telling them all about it.

P.s. If we lose on Friday does anyone else think Caley will lie down to Dundee Utd on Saturday, especially that dick Rooney, their play off spot is all but secure.

cant see us beating Ayr hoping for at least a point pretty sure the tinks will be going for the points all about the money now and caley need it more than most can see this going to the last game and we have Falkirk its still in our own hands
to win or lose the league

I'd take a point right now. Ayr and ourselves have looked knackered in our last games.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(04-15-2019, 12:29 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Billy Mackay was the only difference between the sides last time, can we beat them again without him?

As much as Richie tells them about winning the league in Ayr (we actually won it the night before), we'd be going some to get 4 points out of the match on Friday.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-15-2019, 03:12 PM)Spain Wrote: As much as Richie tells them about winning the league in Ayr (we actually won it the night before), we'd be going some to get 4 points out of the match on Friday.

Again.........much superior goal difference, 18 I think, worth a point.
It's not official until we have 4 I know but.......
I didn't need a calculator btw!

Win the game and we win the league.

Quite a lot of negativity on the message board. Yes it's true we've been pretty rubbish recently - the managers and players know that., but we've won more games and lost fewer games than any other team. We've scored more goals and conceded fewer goals than anyone else. And all that with huge injury problems.

If we don't win on Friday we'll do it in Dingwall the following week. Not even sure Utd are good enough to win all their final games. Should we go and support Caley when they play them?

(04-15-2019, 06:42 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Win the game and we win the league.

Quite a lot of negativity on the message board. Yes it's true we've been pretty rubbish recently - the managers and players know that., but we've won more games and lost fewer games than any other team. We've scored more goals and conceded fewer goals than anyone else. And all that with huge injury problems.

If we don't win on Friday we'll do it in Dingwall the following week. Not even sure Utd are good enough to win all their final games. Should we go and support Caley when they play them?
I know its an important game for us and I truly would like the tinks to go up with us
but go and support them that is just a step to far

A draw would be decent

(04-15-2019, 06:42 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: ... Not even sure Utd are good enough to win all their final games. Should we go and support Caley when they play them?

HERESY! TREACHERY! BLASPHEMY!

I'm not likely to spend my hard-earned on this project but don't see the harm in it.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Supporting Caley?

Worth remembering when Gretna relegated us, who made up a large part of their support that day.

Some of you really need to give your head a wobble.

Instead of giving them money, why not make the effort to travel on Friday and support County rather than sit on your [censored] and watch it on the box.

Can't make this one as I'll be stuck on the east coast somewhere, hope a pub somewhere is showing it!

I think we will go out and hammer Ayr tbh

Fox
Fraser Watson grivosti vdw? (If not then kelly)
Mullin spence Lindsay cowie gardyne
Stewart

Cmon county let’s get it signed and sealed

(04-16-2019, 07:19 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I think we will go out and hammer Ayr tbh

Fox
Fraser Watson grivosti vdw? (If not then kelly)
Mullin spence Lindsay cowie gardyne
Stewart

Cmon county let’s get it signed and sealed

Pretty sure Watson and Van Der Weg are finished this season based on their injuries.

Though wouldn't be surprised to see Fontaine and or Morris both playing starting games before end of season

Inverness will be looking to catch Ayr, 4th place is a long long road to get to the play off final.

(04-16-2019, 09:58 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Inverness will be looking to catch Ayr, 4th place is a long long road to get to the play off final.

No difference between 3rd and 4th. They play each other with the winner playing the 2nd place team. The winner of that game goes into a winner takes all against the 2nd bottom premiership team.
The current system is heavily stacked towards the premiership team.

Of course, not thinking straight. Prize money maybe... is there much of a difference?

Pity Inverness had that midweek game this evening, going to be more tired than Dundee Utd this week end..

The Premiership team plays 40 games. The second place team in the Championship (if they reach the final) plays 40 games. It's obviously not stacked in favour of the Premiership team.

Ideally, the 4th place team wouldn't be in the play-offs (it's a midtable finish in a 10 team league). It should be a straight play-off between 3rd and 2nd, then winner plays the 11th placed team. Thus, all teams potentially play 40 games.

(04-16-2019, 11:01 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: The Premiership team plays 40 games. The second place team in the Championship (if they reach the final) plays 40 games. It's obviously not stacked in favour of the Premiership team.

Ideally, the 4th place team wouldn't be in the play-offs (it's a midtable finish in a 10 team league). It should be a straight play-off between 3rd and 2nd, then winner plays the 11th placed team. Thus, all teams potentially play 40 games.

That would be fair.
Hence not preferred.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(04-16-2019, 11:01 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: The Premiership team plays 40 games. The second place team in the Championship (if they reach the final) plays 40 games. It's obviously not stacked in favour of the Premiership team.

Finishing 11th in the Premiership is more of an achievement than finishing fourth in the Championship. There's no reason the play-offs shouldn't be stacked against the team aiming for promotion. But as you say, they aren't.

Well, they're stacked a little more against the two teams finishing 3rd and 4th, but quite rightly so. There should be advantage and incentive for finishing 2nd instead of 3rd/4th. While you could argue that 4th don't really deserve a shot at it, adding them in also disadvantages 3rd in comparison to 2nd. In short, it's fine as it is in my opinion.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.