Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
County vs Morton 09/03/2019
2-0 Awesome result. Really worried about this month, going to be very hard, Falkirk and them next week now.

Just back and defrosted slightly. It was Arctic today, too cold for Baltic.
Morton were a difficult team to break down today.
County not impressive TBH but did enuff. Its days like today where a win whilst not playing the best is the difference.
Once the first goal went in we actually started played some good one touch and was easier on the eye.
Thought lyndsay was working well and midge ran his socks off. KVDW bossing the rear guard and getting up the wing a few times.. Grivoski is a good prospect in the making.
With the nearest opposition droppin points it couldnt have been better.
A win onTuesday and it will be ours to lose.

8 point gap with a game in hand. 27 points left to play for after Tues. 19 points or more out of the remaining 30 and we're champions!
We'd only need that many if DU win all there remaining games and that's certainly not a certainty.
Sounds easy when it's put like that but nobody at Ross County will be thinking it's done
Happy with the position we've got ourselves into though........Well done lads!

Stranded in the USA for March so no chance to see any games at all. Not many comments on here so far. You wouldn't think we'd just taken another big step towards the title.

I'm sure there are many like me wanting to hear more about the game(s) Come on guys give us more ..... please.

Getting a lot of fun , though, just looking at the league table.

Made heavy weather of things but got there in the end. All that matters is the result. Yet again Watson and Spence were outstanding. Spence was definitely my man of the match. If Draper and Vigurs come back into contention then you cannot drop Spence.
League no where near over. Still to play Dundee Utd home and away and away to ICT. Too many games to go to start taking things for granted but it is a nice cushion.

(03-09-2019, 10:29 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: I'm sure there are many like me wanting to hear more about the game(s) Come on guys give us more ..... please.

There is a podcast where some guys talk about recent County and Caley games @ http://www.elkessocko.co.uk. It's a bit amateurish but hopefully it will improve.

League table is fun isn't it Smile

(03-09-2019, 10:29 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: Stranded in the USA for March so no chance to see any games at all. Not many comments on here so far. You wouldn't think we'd just taken another big step towards the title.

I'm sure there are many like me wanting to hear more about the game(s) Come on guys give us more ..... please.

Highlights are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfLHLSLT8M

They don't really show the story of the first half, Morton were stubborn and County almost were playing a 4-2-4 at times with Midge and Mullin pushing on, which meant Spence and Lindsay got outnumbered when it came to loose balls. Morton didn't create much at all but other than the good ball by Kenny that McManus put wide we didn't create an awful lot either.

The weather at the end of the first half didn't help either, some absolutely brutal stuff forcing folk higher up the East Stand.

Second half was much better, more urgency and quicker passing and Cowie's cross was just ooof, he did exactly what I wanted once he came on, slowed it down, kept the ball and killed off Morton.

United losing a late goal just made the day even better.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.