Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
RCFC V AYR - TUE 26th FEB
Think that’s Ayr out of it now, between us and Dundee Utd now. Hope we bring a good support to that, massive game!

(02-27-2019, 11:15 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Think that’s Ayr out of it now, between us and Dundee Utd now. Hope we bring a good support to that, massive game!

Not so sure about that!
Ayr will still fancy their chances.
Mcall won't give up until it is mathematically impossible.
Looks like the others are out of it.
Just have to ensure County win all their games.

Spoke to one of the players last night - appears that Billy has broken his arm, around the forearm, mentioned as a snap, and may require surgery. Fingers crossed it’s looking more positive this morning but the club will know more after he’s been assessed by medical staff at Raigmore.

The injury to Ross Stewart’s thigh doesn’t appear to be as serious and hopefully the weeks break will help some of our players get some treatment and rest.

Also spoke to Vigurs last night and although he’s training, his foot is still sore and he was visibly limping. On a more positive note, Liam Fontaine’s support boot is off and he’s back walking in trainers. Not sure how quickly we’ll see Liam back as it was an Achilles tear which is nasty, but positive that he’s at least walking in trainers again.

We have a good squad and it’s maybe a chance for players on the fringes to grab their chance and make a name for themselves. Vital 3 points last night.

Wishing Billy all the best and hopefully he’s not in too much pain - it looked a nasty injury.

Stay positive..... WE CAN DO THIS!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(02-27-2019, 10:28 AM)the reaper Wrote: If his arm is broken it will need 6 weeks to heal then time for pain to subside. Likely out for the rest of the season if it's broken. Any word on Ross Stewart? If they're both out for a few weeks that leaves us with McManus, Graham, and ???? Not seeing many goals there.

Must mention an outstanding game from Gardyne last night. One his best performances. Fraser put in probably his best shift this season too.

Funny how people see things differently....... Gardyne was starved of the ball a lot as most of our forward play was going down the right. Don't get me wrong, Midge did nothing wrong, it's just we never game him the ball enough for my liking. Totally agree re Fraser but as usual there was other supporters decrying his performance.

Firstly I want to congratulate the 3 piece band. You guys were in fine form, and are talented musicians. Did wonders for the atmosphere, and I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was great.

I agree with Jamie P, Gardyne didn’t see much of the ball until the last 20 or so when he seemed to be more fluid with his positioning. Thought the defence did ok, just ok. Shankland is a handful though.

Was listening to the radio and Neil Mcann gave the Ayr keeper the MoM. He was challenged by Richard Gordon who reminded him he shipped three to Billy McKay.... He was adimant it was the keeper who deserved it. What planet are these people on??

Hope Mackay and Stewart are ok. I’ve never seen a season like it for injuries. Savage Henry has questioned on my merous occasions the sports science behind the scenes and I think he has a point. Yes some are impact injuries but a lot are not. Are the boys warming up properly? How are they being monitored? What is the physio doing to mitigate injuries? Questions that may need to be asked.

Think I might watch it again on iPlayer such was my enjoyment.

(02-27-2019, 03:28 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Funny how people see things differently....... Gardyne was starved of the ball a lot as most of our forward play was going down the right. Don't get me wrong, Midge did nothing wrong, it's just we never game him the ball enough for my liking. Totally agree re Fraser but as usual there was other supporters decrying his performance.

Gardyne I think has been one of our strongest this year. He was quiet on Saturday probably tactics by other team and agree on the above, most of play was going down the right. There were many occasions that the defence also put it forward hitting and hoping when Gardyne was in space on the right which I thought was odd. In short we could have utilised much more than we did.

When he is on the ball things happen. For example his run in the first half from defence and almost scoring is the sort of class this wee man can produce.

(02-27-2019, 02:11 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Spoke to one of the players last night - appears that Billy has broken his arm, around the forearm, mentioned as a snap, and may require surgery. Fingers crossed it’s looking more positive this morning but the club will know more after he’s been assessed by medical staff at Raigmore.

The injury to Ross Stewart’s thigh doesn’t appear to be as serious and hopefully the weeks break will help some of our players get some treatment and rest.

Also spoke to Vigurs last night and although he’s training, his foot is still sore and he was visibly limping. On a more positive note, Liam Fontaine’s support boot is off and he’s back walking in trainers. Not sure how quickly we’ll see Liam back as it was an Achilles tear which is nasty, but positive that he’s at least walking in trainers again.

We have a good squad and it’s maybe a chance for players on the fringes to grab their chance and make a name for themselves. Vital 3 points last night.

Wishing Billy all the best and hopefully he’s not in too much pain - it looked a nasty injury.

Stay positive..... WE CAN DO THIS!

Any update on Billy's injury, surely the club must know how bad it is by now? Things sound positive for Ross Stewart, Ian Vigurs & Liam Fontaine.

(02-27-2019, 03:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Firstly I want to congratulate the 3 piece band. You guys were in fine form, and are talented musicians. Did wonders for the atmosphere, and I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was great.

Think I might watch it again on iPlayer such was my enjoyment.

Seconded.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(02-27-2019, 07:03 PM)Guernsey Staggie Wrote: Any update on Billy's injury, surely the club must know how bad it is by now? Things sound positive for Ross Stewart, Ian Vigurs & Liam Fontaine.

No further update at the moment. Would think the club will put a statement out once they know the full extent. Tomorrow is press day so we may hear more then.

(02-27-2019, 07:08 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Seconded.

Thanks guys - delighted that Davie Gripton (additional drum) and Ian Cruickshank (Pipes) were able to help out at the last minute - always easier bouncing of other musicians.......delighted that all three stands were joining in
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Gutted I missed this, watched a couple of minutes on iplayer to see the goals and Billy's second was genuinely stunning. Could hear the pipes and drums on the recording too, always a welcome addition!

Re Fraser: I think he's now trying to get back to what he used to do with his overlapping runs but his confidence looks absolutely shot.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(02-28-2019, 09:07 AM)Despot Wrote: Re Fraser: I think he's now trying to get back to what he used to do with his overlapping runs but his confidence looks absolutely shot.

I'm led to believe he's had a niggling knee injury this season. Hopefully him trying to overlap again means he's over it!

No sign of the highlights being posted yet?

Ayr had highlights and SPFL both up on Youtube. Hard to watch Billy's injury. Any news on this, gutted for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUki_qPE9IM&t=307s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb6Kuo31lXk

These are good as from East and West stands.

(02-28-2019, 08:47 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Ayr had highlights and SPFL both up on Youtube. Hard to watch Billy's injury. Any news on this, gutted for him.

I heard his season is over as it was a bad break.

(02-28-2019, 08:38 PM)Fozzie Wrote: No sign of the highlights being posted yet?

Whole game on iPlayer for few more days too.

(02-28-2019, 08:47 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Ayr had highlights and SPFL both up on Youtube. Hard to watch Billy's injury. Any news on this, gutted for him.

Cheers for that.

Thanks - these are indeed good as from East and West stands.
Oo-ouch - you can see poor Billy's arm snap when he lands. Hope he has a good recovery.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Another poor result for Ayr Tonight, I know there is a lot of football left this season but can't help think they are out of it now. 2 horse race to the finish, come on County...., and Partick!!