Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.5 Average
Atmosphere
The last two home games has seen absolutely terrible atmospheres in the ground.

I know people will say the players need to give us something to cheer about - how about a 19 league game unbeaten run ??? Is that not enough to cheer about ??

Even though, it's a two way street. Players can lift the fans, but the fans need to lift the players too!
We (as in the fans) only got (half) going today after Ayr scored, but that was too little too late.

I think the players have proved this season that they all give 100% in each game, so I really think it's about time that us fans started doing the same.

We really need to make Victoria Park a hard place to visit.
*Encourage our own players
*Appeal every decision - whether you think it's right or not, put the referee under pressure
*Get on the opposition players back, make it an uncomfortable 90 minutes for them.

As a starting point, if anyone is interested in bringing the drum back into the Jailend (or any other part of the ground) then if you contact the club before Tuesday, they'll organise for you to get it on the night.

We're in a good league position just now, but if we are going to get over the finishing line, then the fans are going to have to play their part too...

I have been sitting next to a guy all season who has an issue with Richard Brittain, he spends the whole game shouting that he is a [censored]. It is downright embarassing. I think that some folk are only happy when they can abuse the team for losing or playing badly.

I think County fans are really fickle. We have never ever been a serious singing support, occasionally we get a chant going but that is about it. Maybe Caley derby games would help this if we go up.

Totally agree with Jailender.

I think a support that is generally quiet can carry a bigger influence if they claim for decision loudly (if that makes sense)

I would also add, we need to give the Away keeper a harder time at the Jailend. We used to be very good at that!

We STILL have a great opportunity to make history, this is a massive 3 week period for the club and it's history.

Never a better time to 'call to action' than under the floodlights on Tuesday.

Get on the backs of the County floating supporters and drag them along too, lets get close to 3k for a midweek game.

Folk are just not willing to give it a go. One person trying to get a song going surrounded by hundreds who then look at him as if he is barking mad doesnt help.
I am now in the east stand and I applaud and cheer on the team and do what I can to encourage them but its a lonley furrow to plough.
One has to admire the Ayr Utd fans yesterday. Sang for long periods and got behind their side for the whole 90 minutes.
If anyone is in the corner of the east stand and sees someone standing up and suporting the team then feel free to join in with me.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(02-19-2012, 12:46 PM)Ed Wrote: Folk are just not willing to give it a go. One person trying to get a song going surrounded by hundreds who then look at him as if he is barking mad doesnt help.
I am now in the east stand and I applaud and cheer on the team and do what I can to encourage them but its a lonley furrow to plough.
One has to admire the Ayr Utd fans yesterday. Sang for long periods and got behind their side for the whole 90 minutes.
If anyone is in the corner of the east stand and sees someone standing up and suporting the team then feel free to join in with me.

I was that man, tried to get a song going yesterday but not one single soul joined in. The fans should really make an effort in the remaining games and do thier bit for the team.

I'm up on Tuesday for the game. I usually sit in the west stand but this time I'm
going stand in the jailend I've been dying for a sing song.
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(02-19-2012, 01:18 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I have been sitting next to a guy all season who has an issue with Richard Brittain, he spends the whole game shouting that he is a [censored]. It is downright embarassing.

Anyone who abuses our players during the game is NOT a fan or a supporter, but a spectator. It is is irrelevant how much they have paid to watch - that does not give fans the right to abuse their own team during the 90 minutes. If you have an issue with the team or the payer, then vent it after the match or on here. If you are abusing one of our players, then as the player can clearly hear it on the pitch, it will do nothing to help, but will only help to destroy the player's confidence, then you are doing nothing more than the helping the opposing team. Mouthy supporters of the opposing team sitting near me will get short shrift I am afraid.

Rant over.

It was terrible yesterday, rounded off by folk booing at Craig when he was taken off, and booing at full-time, although I think (hope) that was more aimed at the ref than the players.
The players walked off without clapping the support, but no bloody wonder, they must wonder what they have to do!
The away support is so much better and I'm sure this will be the case at Dens next Saturday.

The Ayr fans were absolutely fantastic yesterday, and deserved to celebrate a goal/point.

Get those kids back with the vuvuzelas and drums.

(02-19-2012, 02:55 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: It was terrible yesterday, rounded off by folk booing at Craig when he was taken off, and booing at full-time, although I think (hope) that was more aimed at the ref than the players.

I booed the ref at full time, before quickly realising that it sounded like booing the team (and feeling horrible). I think most people were booing the ref after the non-penalty (among other horrendous decisions). I'm not sure the linesman on the west stand side actually understood the offside rule either.

I started a song against Saint Mirren. True story.

There is a lack of atmosphere though. It's disappointing, and the team are giving us every reason to get behind them, but more often than not it's "BOOOO! GET THAT BALL FORWARDS! BOOOO! DON'T PUNT IT FORWARD!". No pleasing some folk.

I've said it for years, if those who moan loudly were equally as loud in praise of the team, we would have the noisiest support in the league.

The problem is the minority who do moan and groan are heard, I think it's up to the rest of us to drown out their moans so they can't be heard

To those who think that cheering the team does not matter, I offer this story:

Several years ago I was at St Mary's Stadium to watch Leeds Utd play Southampton. it was Leeds second season in the championship, and things were pretty dire all round. Rednapp was then in charge of Southampton, and they totally dominated the first half, going in 3-0 up. At half time the discussion amongst the 4000 or so Leeds fans was, do we sing for the manager to be sacked, or what?

Eventually the conclusion reached was that OK, the team might be sh*t and not really caring, but we're not, and we do. So from the minute the first half kicked off until the minute the final whistle blew, the Leeds fans sang, danced and chanted non-stop. This baffled Southampton somewhat, inspired the Leeds players no end, and as the half went on, more effort was put in, tackles were won that in the first half were lost, and starting from the 70th minute when Leeds pulled one back, the comeback was on. Fifteen minutes later, the Southampton players had bottled it, Redknapp couldn't change it, the Southampton crowd had turned on their own team, and Leeds were 4-3 up.

After the game, from interviews and conversations with players, it was clear that if it was not for the Leeds fans roaring their team on, the turnaround would not have happened.

We seem to arrive back at this conversation all too often on the back of a disappointing result when the team have been doing well and giving everything. I wish fans, like RCR is big enough to admit and realised, would think how that sort of reaction at the final whistle is going to be taken by the players.
IT doesn't need to be made plain to anyone how frustrating that game was for them and it was visible how they took the lack of applause (admittedly my own applause was just a dull thudding of woolly gloves) and booing. The one I noticed in particular was Vigurs, I think he voiced his own frustration and you certainly can't blame him, he did turn around again and I hope he noticed those of us who were still applauding and appreciating their efforts. I'm sure the vast majority of it was aimed at the officials, but with some of the moany old coffin dodgers we have in our support you can't be so sure.

We don't need to be moaning amongst ourselves about this but at the risk of sounding all American or like a fan of the Olympics, we're all in this together and want the same results.

I was tempted to start a poznan yesterday until it started snowing from the back of the Jail End as well.

(02-19-2012, 01:18 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I have been sitting next to a guy all season who has an issue with Richard Brittain, he spends the whole game shouting that he is a [censored]. It is downright embarassing. I think that some folk are only happy when they can abuse the team for losing or playing badly.

I think County fans are really fickle. We have never ever been a serious singing support, occasionally we get a chant going but that is about it. Maybe Caley derby games would help this if we go up.

i know what you mean m8, i sit near to people who seem to no nothing about football 1 miss placed pass or header and the player is ,to quote ,an idiot, yet if he scores , what a player, these people should be put in the away end or try going to an away game or to, will we see them at scumdee next sat I DONT THINK SO, and yes some of our fans are very fickle!!!!

Off topic, but well done TJE on your "County Character" piece in the match program.
Certainly deserved after all you have done over the years for the club.

The key to winning a title is consistency. We are consistent-that is clear with a 19 game unbeaten run. I like to look at the situation we are in logically. We are conceding very few goals and we are hard to break down and even harder to beat so I am not worried about the current spate of draws. All teams have blips but our blip if you can call it that still sees us march on undefeated.
It is a marathon this campaign we are in at present and for those who have ever gone running you know that you will at times hit 'the wall'. You get through that with grit and determination and then get your second wind and keep going.
Maybe we have hit a 'wall' with the draws and if that is the case then its up to every individual to play your part whatever that maybe to help the team get through it. I will make an extra effort on Tuesday, I doubt one voice will make the slightest difference but each and every one added together will be. Maybe it could be a small gesture like standing up and applauding the players onto the pitch who knows but do something. Play your part and be positive. Remember the only person stopping you cheering on the team is yourself.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Glass is half full folks. Lets not panic yet.

Atmosphere needs drink and freedom to swear.
Highlander29

(02-19-2012, 01:18 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I have been sitting next to a guy all season who has an issue with Richard Brittain, he spends the whole game shouting that he is a [censored]. It is downright embarassing. I think that some folk are only happy when they can abuse the team for losing or playing badly.

The most timely thread and posts which point to the elephant in the room. I could have picked any post but "Pete The Jakey" highlights the sheer ignorance which frustrates the hell out of me. I used to have a season ticket for the West Stand but simply could not bear the obscene and tedious abuse some players got from a few of our "fans". Although I am more than happy to stand at the Jailend I do feel that the idiots won. So, having revealed my card as a coward, how about we actually challenge the crap that spouts from a few mouths and embarrass THEM. If, for instance, someone has a problem with Richard Brittan (FFS!) then they really need a reality check and be told to go watch dominoes. So, what about a concerted effort starting on Tuesday - I am off to see the Wizard to find a heart, if that fails I will have a couple of liveners in the National beforehand

Just been watching the cycling world cup on telly. Saw a group of 20 Ross County fans shouting abuse at Sir Chris Hoy for being rubbish as he picked up his 34th gold medal in world cup cycling.

(02-19-2012, 09:18 PM)Five Minutes from the Ground Wrote: Just been watching the cycling world cup on telly. Saw a group of 20 Ross County fans shouting abuse at Sir Chris Hoy for being rubbish as he picked up his 34th gold medal in world cup cycling.

Dont tell me - they were sitting in the East Stand?