Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
County v Caley Scottish Cup
(03-01-2019, 09:36 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Disagree in part. Yes it's a legit claim, but they are unlikely to pursue it as it would cost too much to take court.
I also have a m8 at work who got a similar fine, ignored all correspondence, and it went away........eventually!

You don't have to take my word for it though.

Here's what citizens advice have to say about it.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotla...te-land-s/

What Jamie says is true. They will have to take you to court to get the £100. Not going to happen. Expect lots of letters though as the debt is “sold” to various other parties.

I got this at the away game in Dunfirmline at the start of the season, £200 fine. After much reading on the internet we decided to ignore it. More and more threatening letters arrived then it just went away.

We parked in that retail estate just down the road into the town, wife was shopping there etc and after the game we left. Cameras clocked the car in and out and we were there 3 or 4 hours I think. The rules (which we only found out when then contacted) was 2 hours free. No option to pay for extra and I seen no signs whatsoever. I just thought it was a complete con. If there as a meter there I would have happily paid but these sorts of companies are just out to catch people I think, and then try and profit from it.

It is a civil court this would go through by the way, not a criminal court and as said above (and the reading I have done) they are not going to bother. It is just a threat hoping you will pay their con.

(03-01-2019, 09:13 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Can't be enforced in Scotland. Ignore it and the subsequent letters you will receive.
These companies have firms managing their car parks for them. The only way they could enforce the charges would be to take you to court. For £100.........not going to happen!

I'm sure there will be lots of info on the net about this, you don't need to take my word for it. I'm not a solicitor after all!

As you say, it absolutely can be enforced in Scotland, but absolutely won't be.

(03-02-2019, 06:19 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: As you say, it absolutely can be enforced in Scotland, but absolutely won't be.

[POST REMOVED BY ADMIN}

I'm hoping that was tongue-in-cheek as opposed to seriously suggesting breaking the law.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(03-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Spain Wrote: I'm hoping that was tongue-in-cheek as opposed to seriously suggesting breaking the law.

Never saw Drakies post as you've removed it.
Just to be clear though parking in Wickes isn't a criminal matter, it's a civil matter.

(03-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Spain Wrote: I'm hoping that was tongue-in-cheek as opposed to seriously suggesting breaking the law.

Nope, I do this on a regular basis, it's only against the law if you get caught.