Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
County v Caley Scottish Cup
Savage Henry wrote and I think he is entitled to his opinion
(I think it's fair to say County has better players, but ICT has a better managed team.)
If you look at stats for managers in there first full season for example
Alex Ferguson Season 1975 team St Mirren Played 26 (won9) (drew 8) (lost 9) finished 6
John Robertson Season 2002 team ICTFC Played 36 (won 20) (drew 5) (lost 11) finished 4
Fergie/Ketts I think they are doing really well for there first season I hope they can gain more experience and take ROSS COUNTY back into Premier Division
Heard the TV pundits going on about amount of money that ICTFC have, but they failed to mention that they have had more financial help from Highland council than County
This is my opinion for what its worth COYS

(02-12-2019, 12:42 PM)County Lad Wrote: Savage Henry wrote and I think he is entitled to his opinion
(I think it's fair to say County has better players, but ICT has a better managed team.)
Alex Ferguson Season 1975 team St Mirren Played 26 (won9) (drew 8) (lost 9) finished 6
John Robertson Season 2002 team ICTFC Played 36 (won 20) (drew 5) (lost 11) finished 4
Fergie/Ketts I think they are doing really well for there first season I hope they can gain more experience and take ROSS COUNTY back into Premier Division
Heard the TV pundits going on about amount of money that ICTFC have, but they failed to mention that they have had more financial help from Highland council than County

£900,000 minimum cash donation from Highland Council.
Yes, your hard up Council now looking to make serious cut backs across the Highlands.
Oh, don't forget the Dump was a free stadium to them.

Would have to agree with SH. I can't imagine Robertson (who isn't a particularly great manager) playing so many players out of position.

Been the story of the season. Last night could have been done and dusted with the correct selection. Unfortunately we now have another fixture in what was already a tight schedule.

Interesting to see the involvement of Highland Council with ICT. Did Gavin Masterton and Peter Cummings assist ICT in any way ?

(02-12-2019, 12:29 PM)the reaper Wrote: We need to deal with an opposition playing a pressing game a lot better - more movement off the ball, making space. Big negative is Fox being too slow to get the ball up the park before the opposition get back and organised. Particularly in second half when Stewart was giving their central defence a hard time in the air. Improving that aspect could bring dividends with another player to take the knock downs.
agree fox is without exception the slowest to release the ball however in his defence on the odd occasion he does launch it early there is no one upfield to receive it at one point last night when B M was charging in on the tinks 18 yard box there was no other county player in there half in fact most of our team were still inside our own 18 yard box to say our defence are slow going forward would be the understatement of the season

Why are we so awful at throw-ins, honestly, every one of our throw-ins ends up putting us under pressure. It's simple and basic but to have a couple of plans rehearsed wouldn't go amiss.

(02-12-2019, 08:44 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Why are we so awful at throw-ins, honestly, every one of our throw-ins ends up putting us under pressure. It's simple and basic but to have a couple of plans rehearsed wouldn't go amiss.

As much as the players try, and I hate knocking them.
Please Kets & Fergie if you read this, get them to practice throw in's , corners and free kicks.
Have to learn to push up to the point where the referee says take it from there, then do as the opposition do, take an extra few yards from there.
Caley worked us well at throw-in's the other night, as we threw the ball in towards the centre of the pitch, we were quickly closed down.
Easy option, throw it down the sides, pressure on the full backs, and of course you can't be off-side direct from a throw in.

(02-12-2019, 12:42 PM)County Lad Wrote: Savage Henry wrote and I think he is entitled to his opinion

Where are we in tge league where are ICT in the league , but I do get your disappointment at times ,one wishes they could go to touchline and give it laldy to management but that woukd be bad

When are the details of the replay for tickets coming out?

Yesterday
https://twitter.com/RossCounty/status/10...5982580739

And then they went on sale today
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...lay-v-ict/
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(02-13-2019, 06:20 PM)Spain Wrote: Yesterday
https://twitter.com/RossCounty/status/10...5982580739

And then they went on sale today
http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...lay-v-ict/

Many thanks hadn't seen it on the site.

Looks like they had a hard game Today and another huge dent to their promotion hopes.

I wonder what excuses Robbo used, starting to really dislike the way he conducts himself. At least after the derby County were all positive, nothing but negative from Caley and hard done by stories.

Come on lads lets dump them out of the cup..

Robbo in his post match interview saying the players have given him a blank sheet for Tuesday as there will be changes. Could be interesting.

(02-17-2019, 05:11 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Robbo in his post match interview saying the players have given him a blank sheet for Tuesday as there will be changes. Could be interesting.

In reality he doesn't have much to chose from. Expect a similar team to previously.

(02-19-2019, 10:55 AM)Wicky Wrote: In reality he doesn't have much to chose from. Expect a similar team to previously.

He is just playing mind games.
Expect the same bruisers running about kicking lumps out of County.
We have to keep our discipline and hope the referee clamps down on Caley.

Got to admit I'm just a wee bit apprehensive about this one. Hope I'm proven wrong.

(02-19-2019, 10:55 AM)Wicky Wrote: In reality he doesn't have much to chose from. Expect a similar team to previously.

And indeed he picked exactly the same team.

Mullin vs McKay down the right... nice.

Glad to see that Stewart gets a start tonight.

(02-19-2019, 07:59 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: And indeed he picked exactly the same team.

Mullin vs McKay down the right... nice.

McKay's a RB, it's Midge that will be skinning him.........again!

(02-19-2019, 08:50 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Glad to see that Stewart gets a start tonight.

And he scores!