Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
County v Caley Scottish Cup
(02-09-2019, 06:20 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I enjoyed the first half anyway, thought the illegal tackle on Hogg going unpunished altered the outcome, although Scotland's handling errors cost them bad.

What are you claiming was "unprofessional murder" I'm not sure what that comment is applicable to?

Continuous unprofessional errors which made it murder to watch!

To be honest the rearrangement to Monday 7.05pm has kind of ruined this for me. Obviously I’ll still go, but a Saturday 3pm would have been much better craic.

(02-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: To be honest the rearrangement to Monday 7.05pm has kind of ruined this for me. Obviously I’ll still go, but a Saturday 3pm would have been much better craic.

Have to agree!

(02-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: To be honest the rearrangement to Monday 7.05pm has kind of ruined this for me. Obviously I’ll still go, but a Saturday 3pm would have been much better craic.

It's 1915hrs btw.

(02-10-2019, 09:33 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: It's 1915hrs btw.

Yes, it does now seem to be 19:15 according to SFA, despite us previously being told the slightly earlier time.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

It's always been 19:15. It's the league game that is a 19:05 kick-off.

(02-10-2019, 03:16 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: It's always been 19:15. It's the league game that is a 19:05 kick-off.

The official Club Facebook page has a post on 31st January listing it as a 7.05pm kick off. So that is a league game? #confused

(02-10-2019, 06:27 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: The official Club Facebook page has a post on 31st January listing it as a 7.05pm kick off. So that is a league game? #confused

This is the 31st January post from Club facebook

''Ross County FC can confirm two Ladbrokes Championship fixtures have been rescheduled during March and April.

The following matches have been rescheduled after the announcement of the television broadcast selections.

Inverness CT v Ross County: Now Friday 15th March, kick-off 7.05pm.

Ross County v Dundee United: Now Friday 5th April, kick-off 7.05pm. ​

Both games will be shown live on the new BBC Scotland channel.''

(02-10-2019, 06:27 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: The official Club Facebook page has a post on 31st January listing it as a 7.05pm kick off. So that is a league game? #confused

https://www.facebook.com/rosscountyfootb...=1&theater

It says in the post 'Ladbrokes Championship', with the date as the 15th of March.

The cup game has always been 19:15 since it was announced, the league game on the 15th of march was moved to 19:05 for the new BBC channel.

(02-10-2019, 08:18 PM)NVACA Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/rosscountyfootb...=1&theater

It says in the post 'Ladbrokes Championship', with the date as the 15th of March.

The cup game has always been 19:15 since it was announced, the league game on the 15th of march was moved to 19:05 for the new BBC channel.

Sound

Got out of jail there. Didn't play at our best and need to do better next week

Great game I thought and was a good show case for Highland football.

Thought we could have nicked it at the end. Thought we played very well at times. Subs made big difference (obviously) and much love for Gardyne.

I know the date did not suit many but great to come home from work and enjoy us on national TV.

Other than two bursts of 15 minutes where we looked like with a bit more composure we'd take Caley to the cleaners we got out of jail in the derby. Again.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Should have won the game, had we taken all our chances, could have nicked it in the final minute, for all the Caley greeting about being the better side, despite their whinging, (again) County had a lot of possession. Once again Caley played like a bunch of thugs, chopping County players down at every opportunity . Hard to believe they only had two players booked, some of their antics and tackling was beyond embarrassment. Embarrassing for Ridgers , not understanding offside. Thankfully the linesman and referee did. ( for the goal) In fairness the stand side Linesman got all the offsides correct.

Really enjoyed watching that game tbh

Whinging is correct, how many times did we have to hear about them being the better team all year....

Hope we thump them at the dump.

Good to see our famous Haggis Pies getting some coverage, and enjoyed the Stuart Cosgrove half-time piece on Dingwall's Colin Bain Calder and the Rosario Argentina story.

As expected the stadium looked half empty, 2800 the official attendance. Suspect it will be even lower next week for the replay, although the better kick-off time may help some.

I think Robbo has us sussed, ok they haven't beaten us but on paper we should be doing far better. He is doing very well with the limited resources and quality of player he has. In saying that if we had taken some of those chances in the first half it could have been a different story.

(02-12-2019, 09:38 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Good to see our famous Haggis Pies getting some coverage, and enjoyed the Stuart Cosgrove half-time piece on Dingwall's Colin Bain Calder and the Rosario Argentina story.

As expected the stadium looked half empty, 2800 the official attendance. Suspect it will be even lower next week for the replay, although the better kick-off time may help some.

I think Robbo has us sussed, ok they haven't beaten us but on paper we should be doing far better. He is doing very well with the limited resources and quality of player he has. In saying that if we had taken some of those chances in the first half it could have been a different story.

I think it's fair to say County has better players, but ICT has a better managed team.

(02-12-2019, 09:38 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: As expected the stadium looked half empty, 2800 the official attendance. Suspect it will be even lower next week for the replay, although the better kick-off time may help some.

I didn't think the club released attendance figures yesterday, where'd that number come from? Seems right tbh, lots of gaps in the seats last night.

We need to deal with an opposition playing a pressing game a lot better - more movement off the ball, making space. Big negative is Fox being too slow to get the ball up the park before the opposition get back and organised. Particularly in second half when Stewart was giving their central defence a hard time in the air. Improving that aspect could bring dividends with another player to take the knock downs.