Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
County v Caley Scottish Cup
Monday night? Worse case scenario met then!

Timings are not good, granted, but on the bright side we are through to the next round in both comps already?

(01-24-2019, 12:19 PM)County Lad Wrote: Monday 11th Feb it is and also on BBC ONE read on News now Caley are already advertising tickets

Tickets on sale after Alloa match at club shop to season ticket holders on Ross County site

Hopefully we put on a better performance and get a better result than our last live televised match

It's far from ideal on many levels but it's also far from a disaster, call for outrage too.

It's good exposure for us, as a Championship club and good exposure for the derby also, I'm sure there'll be a £ bonus from the tv company for our match too.

Plus as a bonus I get to watch the Scotland Ireland rugby match on telly too, which I'd have missed if we were playing.

A half empty stadium live on TV then.
Hopeless for any home/away fans that dont live in the area, a 7.15 ko on a Monday night FFS.
Hopefully the loss of ticket and hospitality revenue will be irrelevant due to the TV money.

Will it be available live on BBC iPlayer?

Aye, it'll be live on iPlayer.

I have a parents nite at my loons school on the Monday. Two less season tiket holders there then.

I will be cheering on the second half once i get home.

Biggest downer tho will be the lack of a quality haggis or steak pie. Grrr

I'll struggle to make this due to work as well, 50/50 at best.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I'm working till 1915hrs in Inverness. I'll try get someone in early for me I guess.
I was off Fri Sat and Sun of course!

Are all 4 January signings cup tied for this? Could be left short in defence again with stelios away and Kelly injured.

(01-28-2019, 10:08 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Are all 4 January signings cup tied for this? Could be left short in defence again with stelios away and Kelly injured.

Kenny - NO
Simple - NO
Armstrong - YES
Spence - NO
A N Other - ???

Any predictions for this up and coming match?
Line up, score?
We're due a decent performance in a Derby that's for sure. We've been rank rotten in the previous 3. Still, we're unbeaten with 2draws and a win :-)

Not much interest for this match then?

(02-08-2019, 12:51 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Not much interest for this match then?

I'll be there. So that's 1.

Not expecting a clean sheet but hoping for a good performance and any kind of a win. Not really looking for sendings off or violence. Done that sufficiently now.

My prediction 2 - 1 win, McKay & Mullin to score.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(02-08-2019, 01:22 PM)Les Westander Wrote: I'll be there. So that's 1.

Not expecting a clean sheet but hoping for a good performance and any kind of a win. Not really looking for sendings off or violence. Done that sufficiently now.

My prediction 2 - 1 win, McKay & Mullin to score.

Definitely agree with scoreline but big Brian Graham is scoring both. Out jumping Rooney at the back post for one and nutmegging him on route to his 2nd ;-)
I'll see you there, I'll be watching through my fingers!

(02-08-2019, 01:56 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Definitely agree with scoreline but big Brian Graham is scoring both. Out jumping Rooney at the back post for one and nutmegging him on route to his 2nd ;-)
I'll see you there, I'll be watching through my fingers!

Rooney to be sent off?
After Graham skins him a few times.
Hat-trick Graham.

(02-08-2019, 02:09 PM)MOGO Wrote: Rooney to be sent off?
After Graham skins him a few times.
Hat-trick Graham.

Liking that scenario :-)

(01-25-2019, 09:31 AM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I have a parents nite at my loons school on the Monday. Two less season tiket holders there then.

I will be cheering on the second half once i get home.

Biggest downer tho will be the lack of a quality haggis or steak pie. Grrr

Hope your no telling porkie pies I was at parents night last week lol

(01-24-2019, 05:55 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Plus as a bonus I get to watch the Scotland Ireland rugby match on telly too, which I'd have missed if we were playing.

Hope you enjoyed the bonus of County not playing on a Saturday . I pray the next Scotland attempt at playing rugby coincides with a county game. That was unprofessional murder and never will Scottish rugby ever compensate for a County or any other football game!

(02-09-2019, 05:13 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Hope you enjoyed the bonus of County not playing on a Saturday . I pray the next Scotland attempt at playing rugby coincides with a county game. That was unprofessional murder and never will Scottish rugby ever compensate for a County or any other football game!

I enjoyed the first half anyway, thought the illegal tackle on Hogg going unpunished altered the outcome, although Scotland's handling errors cost them bad.

What are you claiming was "unprofessional murder" I'm not sure what that comment is applicable to?