Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Alloa Athletic
Brick 
Same starting 11 as played against Motherwell please.

Thank you.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-20-2019, 02:34 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Same starting 11 as played against Motherwell please.

Thank you.

Yes agree with your comment Les. Coming up from Aberdeen for this one and making a week end of it in Inverness. Mon the staggies.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I'd agree with that, why not? Give the new lads some time to bed in and get used to the place.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(01-20-2019, 02:34 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Same starting 11 as played against Motherwell please.

Thank you.

Let's hope so, Graham and McManus surely must deserve a start over Mackay/stewart.

Looking forward to watching some of our new players this afternoon.

Any indication of line up??

(01-26-2019, 12:39 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Any indication of line up??

Same as last week except for Mckay in for Gardyne.

Looks like a very narrow 4-3-3.

(01-26-2019, 03:16 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Same as last week except for Mckay in for Gardyne.

Looks like a very narrow 4-3-3.

Was Declan playing wide or more up front?

Good result and looks like a good game looking at the stats and snippets online. Alloa are the form team in the league at the minute too so nice to get back to winning ways. Both them and QOS losing ground also, means it was a good day.

Keith Watson was immense and is the player of the season so far!

It was more a 4-1-3-2 in my opinion, with Graham up top, McKay playing deeper. Macmanus excellent again today, playing our wide switching both wings. KVDW and Watson as centre backs in first half, with Watson and Semple in 2nd with KVDW replacing Kelly at LB.

It was a very confident and accomplished performance, feel like we were in control for most of the 90 minutes. Some great defending by Watson, but McManus a worthy MoM.

Also special mention to Spence. A great debut for the lad, who certainly reads the game very well and can pick a pass.

Fantastic to think we are back on track again. Thanks for the reports.

(01-26-2019, 08:22 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It was more a 4-1-3-2 in my opinion, with Graham up top, McKay playing deeper. Macmanus excellent again today, playing our wide switching both wings. KVDW and Watson as centre backs in first half, with Watson and Semple in 2nd with KVDW replacing Kelly at LB.

It was a very confident and accomplished performance, feel like we were in control for most of the 90 minutes. Some great defending by Watson, but McManus a worthy MoM.

Also special mention to Spence. A great debut for the lad, who certainly reads the game very well and can pick a pass.

How did Semple look?

(01-26-2019, 08:22 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It was more a 4-1-3-2 in my opinion, with Graham up top, McKay playing deeper. Macmanus excellent again today, playing our wide switching both wings. KVDW and Watson as centre backs in first half, with Watson and Semple in 2nd with KVDW replacing Kelly at LB.

Spence played against QOS and Motherwell so not really his debut then!

(01-26-2019, 09:41 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: How did Semple look?

He looked decent, the last ten minutes Alloa had their only period of sustained pressure and he did his job well.

(01-26-2019, 10:30 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Spence played against QOS and Motherwell so not really his debut then!

First time I’ve seen him, so it was his Pete debut.

Luckily you weren't in Dumfries for his real debut........ Absolute pish, but far from the worst County player. I need to get over that one.
I'm actually thinking I'm a jinx. Haven't been to a game since Dumfries and we're winning now. Think I'll ban myself from watching County!

(01-26-2019, 10:51 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Luckily you weren't in Dumfries for his real debut........ Absolute pish, but far from the worst County player. I need to get over that one.
I'm actually thinking I'm a jinx. Haven't been to a game since Dumfries and we're winning now. Think I'll ban myself from watching County!

We were good today, could easily have scored 4 or 5 the chances we created.

(01-26-2019, 07:33 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Keith Watson was immense and is the player of the season so far!

Absolutely agree he was immense and important in helping us keep a clean sheet. For me man of the match.

Really liked the look of Spence always keen to play th W all forward but worked hard and not bead defensively. Certtainly looks like we might have got a decent player and important with Vigurs out.

Thumbs Up 
Yes I liked Spence too. Intelligent, reliable and quite creative I thought.
Keith Watson was my MOTM too.
McManus made a really valuable contribution but could have been even better, particularly if he'd got a decent touch on that ball he took down to the by-line, begging for a cut back across the face of goal.

Some nice bits of football played at times and Alloa were pretty decent too.

2-0 about right and a good result.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets