Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell v County 19/1/19 Scottish Cup
Agree with pretty much all of that ^ we were good but aided with how poor Motherwell were. McManus easily MOTM for me crazy that people on here doubt his ability hope that proves it. Draper back in the middle sensational as well his interceptions composure passing just every thing was first class, needed that bite in the middle and can’t wait to see Vigurs along side that again! Graham was superb not just the 2 goals but chasing every ball hassling defenders right place at right time. Sparking Rooney out then returning with that performance hats off, would happily see a statue of him outside the stadium haha! Kelly looked good for a first game back, Watson much improved on last week same as Fraser. Kenny VDW was considerably better than last week, I’ve seen a few saying he was fantastic, wouldn’t go that far, he played decently enough and done his job I think him having a decent performance compared to his [censored] ones mask it a bit. But he made no mistakes today and did make a very very good tackle near the end which was a definite goal of he hadn’t so fair play to him. Have to admit I haven’t noticed Spence in his last 2 games so can’t pass judgment. Would of happily lost today and concentrated on the league but beating a peek team easily shows there’s always some hope, 2/3 more games and we’re at hampden??

Hopfully that gives us a boost for Alloa at home. The treble is on lads

(01-19-2019, 06:18 PM)MOGO Wrote: Oh yea of little faith!
Must admit, I did fear a defeat.
But hey-ho, if this County team play wither heart, head, and hunger , they are capable.
Only problem is we keep going up and down with our play.
Still, top of the league, in the next round of the Scottish Cup, so, not bad for a team not playing that well every week.
Just hope this is kick start and upwards and onwards to the league title, throw in the Scottish Cup as well.
PS, a bit lippy from the BBC to call it a shock.

Ah yes you are 100% right, got this one completely wrong, thankfully. I was at an U12 match with the wee man and forgot what time it was so first look at the score was just after HT. Kept an eye then and shouted over to the wee man when we scored with a resulting fist pump! x2 of course.

Superb result, and hopefully the kick start our season needed.

Well done to all involved.

(01-19-2019, 10:40 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: ...
Things are looking a lot better this week (and that is without Vigurs, Mullin, Morris, Cowie and our top scorer).

The best County performance in a couple of months and a well deserved win.......

Cheers for another valuable report Fyrish!

It seems like McManus is doing a good job as a winger - maybe suits him better than the No.9 position he had for the first few weeks of the season.

KettleComment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faf2IR_XrBw

Brian Graham also on RCFCTV
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

The match report is appreciated as always.

Really sums us up this season, when we get it right we play some great stuff and look formidable. I just wish our performances didn't yo yo so much from week to week.

Hopefully get a home tie in the next round and see how far we can go.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Great report Fyrish, I've seen our goals and McManus was indeed excellent down the right with both assists.

(01-20-2019, 02:30 PM)Despot Wrote: The match report is appreciated as always.

Really sums us up this season, when we get it right we play some great stuff and look formidable. I just wish our performances didn't yo yo so much from week to week.

Hopefully get a home tie in the next round and see how far we can go.

Wow county home to ICT

(01-19-2019, 10:40 PM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: I called out the co-managers last week for getting the tactics badly wrong in the 4-0 thrashing by Q.O.S.

However, they deserve praise today for getting it absolutely right in what was a totally deserved win to dump Motherwell out of the Scottish cup, for a place in the last 16.

Another great post. Thanks for taking the time to put these up and sharing with us not fortune enough to be at the games.

Travelled down on the bus with little hope of a result, following the shocker in Dumfries.

What a surprise! The longer the 1st half went on the more confident we became, and we were passing the ball about very well against what has to be said was a lacklustre Motherwell.

Not a failure in any position but special mention for 3:

McManus was excellent, not just in going forward but also tracking back and making tackles in our own box. His best game for us.

Kelly had a great game, I hadn't realised he was such a good passer, looked very comfortable considering it was first game back after a lengthy spell out.

Draper - exactly why we need him in midfield and not at CB. Great performance.

The end 1-2 result flattered Motherwell, we could have had 3 or 4.

On that performance it would be very harsh to drop any player for Alloa, even with the two new arrivals today.

By my reckoning (reads Staggie archive) our first away win in this competition since Dec 2008 when we beat Dumbarton 1-2.

Unless you count the 2010 Celtic 2-0 Semi at Neutral Hampden as an away fixture.

See Brian Graham made the team of the fourth round?????????

Hope he makes it next time 2, must get a few again against a poor opposition?