Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queen of the South Away
(01-12-2019, 05:28 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: At least it has let a few of us get away early.

Few of us get to turn off the radio early too ^^

(01-12-2019, 05:26 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: [censored] disgrace. No excuses..... [censored]!

Don’t care if we are top of he league. This result just shows us up. Game reports sound like we have been ripped apart

Horrific result.

(01-12-2019, 05:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Horrific result.

As the vast majority of us were capable of seeing, this has been coming since the start of the season. Leading the league by default indeed.

Kettlewell and Ferguson have got some work on their hands to prove this isn’t a failed experiment.

Centre half and a winger please. Pronto.

Potentially a wake up call to those that can't see our flaws? (As if we needed another one.)

(01-12-2019, 06:01 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: As the vast majority of us were capable of seeing, this has been coming since the start of the season. Leading the league by default indeed.

Kettlewell and Ferguson have got some work on their hands to prove this isn’t a failed experiment.

Centre half and a winger please. Pronto.

The injuries haven’t helped, but players like Fraser and Mullen need to step up
and be counted. Red cards are completely avoidable. A cup break will certainly help.

The frustrating thing is, if we’d managed to put a run together then we’d be well clear at the top.

(01-12-2019, 05:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Horrific result.
Agreed normally I would be on here ranting about how pish we are but there seems no point as even the happy clappers must see how poor we have been for weeks if not months I fully expected us to get a royal cuffing by some one sooner or later well today was the day knowing it was coming does not make it any easier to take lets all hope its the last time this season

We are struggling at the minute for sure and this result is not a surprise after watching the Morton game, I reckon anyone in the league could beat us right now.

It will be interesting to hear from folk at the game to hear what our game plan/setup was etc. What I have seen of late it is not working so hopefully we can move over to plan b soon before we end up completely out of the running.

Worrying times.

Lack of effort, lack of ability. Overpaid and underachieving! In a pub in Dumfries at the moment. If any County player reads our posts I want them to know they are overpaid and need to have a bloody good look at themselves. Today, and for the last few weeks, they have been nowhere near the level required......... Raging

(01-12-2019, 06:42 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Lack of effort, lack of ability. Overpaid and underachieving! In a pub in Dumfries at the moment. If any County player reads our posts I want them to know they are overpaid and need to have a bloody good look at themselves. Today, and for the last few weeks, they have been nowhere near the level required......... Raging

I can sense your rage having travelled all the way down there. The players let you down badly today.

Completely outplayed and a deserved (and overdue tbh) pumping.
Fox kept the score down.
Draper is not a CB, he and Watson had a torrid time against Dykes and Dobbie, but had no protection in front of them.
Grivosti out of position at RB, and VDW, no comment.

Another red card, and needless yellows for Lindsay and Spence for booting the ball away after play had stopped.
Our indiscipline needs addressed.

Someone said Roy was on Sportsound before the game saying 3 or 4 coming in?

The injuries haven't helped but we've been an ugly, grinding team for large chunks of the season. Having a guy in his first season in the senior team and Ross Draper against Dobbie was always chancing it.

Nowhere near good enough.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Again, calm heads required- we haven’t played well last three games, we’re missing valuable players, thankfully no other team really capitalising on our failure - but we’re still top ( couldn’t be higher) - a long way to go. If someone had said ‘ would you settle for top mid January , think we would all say yes please.

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Again, calm heads required- we haven’t played well last three games, we’re missing valuable players, thankfully no other team really capitalising on our failure - but we’re still top ( couldn’t be higher) - a long way to go. If someone had said ‘ would you settle for top mid January , think we would all say yes please.

Problem is,we are unlikely to be there mid Feb,Mid March or mid April on present form.

I'm almost afraid to ask....but how was VDW?

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Again, calm heads required- we haven’t played well last three games, we’re missing valuable players, thankfully no other team really capitalising on our failure - but we’re still top ( couldn’t be higher) - a long way to go. If someone had said ‘ would you settle for top mid January , think we would all say yes please.

I wish it was only the last 5hree games. Far from it.

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: but we’re still top ( couldn’t be higher)

We could however extended the gap, we can't rely on other teams to help us out every weekend.

My main concern over the past few weeks is whilst we don't have a plan B, the bigger issue is that our plan A is absolutely honking. We've been found out, and Kettlewell & Ferguson seem void of ideas how to change it.

I've said it before, but we need somebody more experienced above them and the past few weeks have confirmed that.

(01-12-2019, 10:18 PM)NVACA Wrote: I'm almost afraid to ask....but how was VDW?

You are better off not knowing mate

Well done to all Staggies fans who went to Dumfries today. Must have been painful but we all knew it was coming. Was shocked to hear Stuart K saying in the Ross-shure we'd played great football in the first half of the Alloa game . It says a lot about our league that we're still up at the top. When is Vigurs going to be fit again? Hopefully soon.
Fraser & now Mullin red cards just when we need players available..
We badly need leadership on and off the field. Time for some people to step up to the mark. If not, we'll start to slide down the league.
From those who were there, any positives at all?

Embarrassing, unacceptable and a much needed wake up call.....

Had it not been for Scott Fox who pulled off a string of great saves to prevent Stephen Dobbie from scoring more than two goals, today could have been County's heaviest ever Scottish League defeat. Although County have never conceded six goals in a Scottish league game,Queens came close to matching our single 5-0 league reverse, when Todd just failed to connect with a chipped pass on the penalty spot with two minutes left.

Full credit to the home side who were as good as County were bad. Indeed, their first half performance was the best I have seen any team play against us this season. They looked like they could score every time they attacked. They broke at pace due to clinical and incisive passing which turned defence into attack in a matter of seconds. They also controlled the midfield, fought for each other and defended in numbers.

Indeed, outwith Dobbie 's first half goal, Fox did brilliantly to save all four of the striker's other efforts on target during the first-half.

County by contrast were slow in attacking, retained possession by passing the ball across the width of the pitch with next to no options / runners, displayed no urgency and created very little. Home keeper Martin on!y had one save to make from County's sole effort on target during the entire game - a close range McKay shot five minutes before the break.

I thought the co-managers got the tactics badly wrong today. Playing a 4-4-2, which given how wide Mullin and Gardyne were positioned, effectively left the lightweight Lindsay and Spence as a midfield two, who were simply swamped and overrun by the hardworking home midfield. Spence to his credit did have a good debut, but had to do the dirty work himself.

County were too cavalier, too open and too exposed.

A more precautionary 4-5-1 with County sitting deeper and having three in central midfield would surely have been more effective. Alas,there was no change in tactics when the game plan clearly wasn't working.

The long list of injuries/suspensions obviously didn't help. Grivosti having his first ever game at right back, the rusty VDV playing his first game since being re- signed, Draper having to play CB again when his steel was needed in central midfield. Neither did : the normally solid Watson who had an off day; Stewart passing up two great chances where he should have scored both, McKay getting no service, Gardyne hitting the bar or Mullin needlessly getting sent off for a shocking lunge.

Somehow we are still top after two defeats / very poor performances in the last week. Playmaker Vigurs is obviously a massive loss. IMO we need to sign another experienced striker, a physical midfielder and a pacy wide player in this transfer window if we are to have any chance of consolidating and retaining too spot.