Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Morton vs staggies
I'd forgotten this game is actually Friday night, a chance to put some pressure on Ayr and Dundee Utd if we win, what's the news on the injury front re stelios and vigurs.
They're one of only 2 teams to beat us this season, so hopefully that's enough to fire the team up for this after such a high profile Derby last weekend.

Fantastic that this is on Alba. Bottle of wine and a takeaway meal beats heading down to Greenock. COYS

Looking forward to watching the County in a live match tbh. As Deke says, takeaway and a few drinks I think.

Who's going to play left side of our defence?

I'll be catching it on BBC Alba due to the day and time- no way I'd get down or back with any sort of ease.

I've heard from six people now (three fair well in know) that KVDW has resigned for us but nothing yet, so I assume it'll be young Grivosti at LB if Kelly and Stelios are out. Or will we try a back three with three from Grivosti/Morris/Watson/Fraser?
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(01-03-2019, 10:22 PM)Despot Wrote: I'll be catching it on BBC Alba due to the day and time- no way I'd get down or back with any sort of ease.

I've heard from six people now (three fair well in know) that KVDW has resigned for us but nothing yet, so I assume it'll be young Grivosti at LB if Kelly and Stelios are out. Or will we try a back three with three from Grivosti/Morris/Watson/Fraser?

I dont think KWDV is a real step up from what we have got. If he is back hopefully not on high wages as i think will be more a squad and back up player IMO.

Remember we need to blood the younger ones for next season in top league or will need to spend big then

(01-03-2019, 11:26 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: I dont think KWDV is a real step up from what we have got. If he is back hopefully not on high wages as i think will be more a squad and back up player IMO.

Remember we need to blood the younger ones for next season in top league or will need to spend big then

6 month deal was what I heard- if Stelios and Kelly are both out for months it makes sense to sign someone up for the position as cover then review at the end of the season.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

[quote="Despot" pid='74515' dateline='1546588728']

6 month deal was what I heard- if Stelios and Kelly are both out for months it makes sense to sign someone up for the position as cover then review at the end of the season.
[/quote
great news if true its a long time since we have seen anyone bounce off one of our defenders really looking forward to seeing some of the cheating divers getting a reason to go down he might just be the bite we have been looking for both in defence and set pieces

Kenny VDW really isn’t a step up from what we have but if kelly and Stelios are out injured then it makes sense to bring him in. He played with us before and coped in the prem, albeit, I didn’t rate him highly in the prem but at championship level he should be sound. Decent cover if needed at CB too. Anyway Morton tonight are no mugs so will take a scrappy 1-0 win to put pressure on ayr. I’d start with:

4-2-3-1
Fox
Fraser
Morris
Watson
Grivo
Draper
Lindsay
Paton
Mullin
Midge
McKay

Grivo In LB as he did reasonably well last game and we have no one else bar Tom kelly for that position. Wouldn’t mind resting Cowie and seeing a bit of Patons creative side showing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsKvSarF-I4 Stuart Kettlewell on tonight's game etc
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(01-04-2019, 02:07 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: Kenny VDW really isn’t a step up from what we have but if kelly and Stelios are out injured then it makes sense to bring him in. He played with us before and coped in the prem, albeit, I didn’t rate him highly in the prem but at championship level he should be sound. Decent cover if needed at CB too. Anyway Morton tonight are no mugs so will take a scrappy 1-0 win to put pressure on ayr. I’d start with:

4-2-3-1
Fox
Fraser
Morris
Watson
Grivo
Draper
Lindsay
Paton
Mullin
Midge
McKay

Grivo In LB as he did reasonably well last game and we have no one else bar Tom kelly for that position. Wouldn’t mind resting Cowie and seeing a bit of Patons creative side showing

Not sure on Grivo at LB think I'd go with a back three - he wasn't great positionally when he came on though worked hard think I'd prefer wing backs for this one. Agree re Paton if Vigurs still out then would be good to play him in place of Cowie

Harsh to drop Cowie, thought he had one of his best games for us against the tinks last week.

Looking forward to this one, it has been a while since we were able watch us on the box.

Any surprises in the line up I wonder.

Sets the weekend up nice if we get the win.

Best of luck to all involved. Doubt there will be many away fans for this

(01-04-2019, 06:14 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Harsh to drop Cowie, thought he had one of his best games for us against the tinks last week.

We must have been watching a different game. Thought he started off the season well and has got progressively worse every time I've seen him. Time to let Paton show what he's made of instead. Hopefully we'll get to see some of that later in the game.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Pitch looking good and weather top notch for a 3-0 county win?. 1930 and about 75 stags here already
Team looks good as well.
Mon the Staggies.

Fraser is shocking, get him away to Dundee!

Any chance of getting Naismith back?

My eyes are bleeding!

(01-04-2019, 09:26 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Fraser is shocking, get him away to Dundee!

Any chance of getting Naismith back?

We are the team in red Frank.

Midge is honking. Looking like he is trying to engineer himself a move. Has had plenty of opportunities to pass the ball to players in better positions and has opted to go himself and has cost us a few chances to go ahead in this game.

Fraser has been solid tonight.

1st half aweful! Willie Collum even worse!!

Half-time, no suprises. Not good , hate to think what it would be like to lose Gardyne.

On a more positive note, hats off to Morton dj for playing Stargazer by Rainbow at the start of half-time. Classic track.

(01-04-2019, 09:36 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: We are the team in red Frank.

Midge is honking. Looking like he is trying to engineer himself a move. Has had plenty of opportunities to pass the ball to players in better positions and has opted to go himself and has cost us a few chances to go ahead in this game.

Midge seems to be one of the only ones who wants to try and make something happen. Funny old game, we are watch8ngnthe same thing but seeing totally different things.

(01-04-2019, 09:36 PM)mike_lowrie Wrote: We are the team in red Frank.

Fraser's had [censored] all to do all as Morton offered NOTHING all first half, we're screaming out for a bit of with and yet he refuses to overlap down the right!

I mean he has Draper playing a holding real to cover any forward run. Grivosti was able to overlap midge on the left first half but nothing on the right.

We're far too narrow and slow going forward.