Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County v Caley 29th of December
There you go Westhill staggie.
You realise that you can start threads yourself don't you?
Anyway, I'd like to see Vigurs and Midge back in the team for this one, providing they're fully fit.
Tough one who to drop to allow that though. That's Ferg and Ketts decision, thankfully.
Optimistic of 3 points here though. That said the derby is a tough one to call.

(12-23-2018, 08:33 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: There you go Westhill staggie.
You realise that you can start threads yourself don't you?
Anyway, I'd like to see Vigurs and Midge back in the team for this one, providing they're fully fit.
Tough one who to drop to allow that though. That's Ferg and Ketts decision, thankfully.
Optimistic of 3 points here though. That said the derby is a tough one to call.

Saw Vigurs out spending his Christmas gift vouchers in town earlier. Absolutely no chance he starts on Saturday.

Vigurs has a foot problem and definitely out. Tremarco back available for them (P&J).

Anyone know if the home allocation is likely to sell out, saw something about a week ago saying limited tickets left, would normally buy my own in advance but holding off as I may have 2-3 undecided people tagging along.

Looks like it will sell out going by clubs twitter, they’ve opened the extension to home fans too

Going by the club website ticket map only tickets left are ?‬
‪Jailend - 19‬
‪East Stand - 7‬
‪West Stand - 4‬
‪N/E Stand extension - 346

https://twitter.com/RossCounty/status/10...7518183427

Seems like it's just the extension with seats for home fans now, so if you're buying on the day that's where you'll be!

No Mullin? Bummer

Absolute daylight robbery......... Awesome :-)

Smash and grab!

Draper two assists, second was a great cross.

What did Graham do, elbow??

(12-29-2018, 08:02 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Draper two assists, second was a great cross.

What did Graham do, elbow??

Yes, ref got both sending off decisions right. However the east stand linesman, Baxter, what an absolute idiot. I lost count of the wrong decisions he made. Some of his assists were mind boggling!

I’d have to see the incident again. Donaldson was lucky to be on the pitch I reckon. Linesman was awful but he did point out Rooney to the referee did he not? Wait till highlights are on YouTube to see it all again. Ultimate smash and grab victory!

(12-29-2018, 08:26 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Yes, ref got both sending off decisions right. However the east stand linesman, Baxter, what an absolute idiot. I lost count of the wrong decisions he made. Some of his assists were mind boggling!

East Stand linesman, unbelievable how many decisions this guy got wrong today.
Dallas had to double check on several occasions, are you sure?
Some of them were so bad, my blind dog would have done better.

Billy Baxter, from ?
No prizes for guessing !
Would you believe it ? Inverness.
Now then, one would hope and prey after his performance today, he is never allowed to be involved in a Highland Derby ever again.
Quite simply this guy was either out of his depth.
Or, I will leave the next part to your imagination .
Mind boggling is one description, my thoughts are different.
It was like the old Highland League days, Inverness Caley supporting officials .
Let’s hope there was an official monitoring this clown today.

After another pretty mediocre performance, to get a win the way we did was very, very pleasing.

Draper doing the badge thumping was a thing of beauty as the seethe from the away end was palpable.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

The best results are those which are least deserved.

Ross Stewart is becoming more influential with each game he plays. Pace, ball control and ability in the air. Only downside is that he keeps slipping regularly, needs appropriate boots.

Fox was magnificent and good to see Morris back who was adapting to playing again.

The loss of Stelios almost cost us the game. Serious weakness down that side which we were lucky to get away with.

The managers will not be fooled by our recent performances which the results camouflage.

We must keep ahead of Dundeee Utd who will spend big in January!

(12-30-2018, 09:35 AM)Despot Wrote: After another pretty mediocre performance, to get a win the way we did was very, very pleasing.

Draper doing the badge thumping was a thing of beauty as the seethe from the away end was palpable.

got to agree another very poor performance the tinks were by far the better team yesterday as indeed they were in inverness last time to come away with the 3 points
yesterday is nothing short of theft but pleasing all the same unfortunately if the midfield problems are not sorted and quickly I suspect we will not stay at the top for to long

(12-29-2018, 08:26 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Yes, ref got both sending off decisions right. However the east stand linesman, Baxter, what an absolute idiot. I lost count of the wrong decisions he made. Some of his assists were mind boggling!

Dallas had a reasonably good game. Perhaps a bit weak at times, should have clamped down on some of the Caley tackles, in particular when County were breaking, tactics appeared to be, if they break, hack them down. Should have spoke to Rooney early in the game and told him to calm down. Dallas correctly waved down the East Stand Linesman when Caley were breaking, flag went up for offside, wrong decision. However they both got an earlier one wrong, East Stand Linesman flagged against Mackay for offside, Mackay was quite entitled to be raging, reason was, it was quite clearly played to him by a Caley player, therefore, not offside. Could have been 2-1 to County then. So, we could argue all day about who was the better team, and who should have won. End of the day, County scored two goals, Caley scored one. Dallas was not helped by several Caley players play acting and running towards him for nothing decisions, he did miss several other potential cards, however this was down to fly tactics of the players, running in and having a fly go., I suppose if being honest, that applied to both teams.

The only one that springs to mind that Dallas got wrong was the nasty one on (Draper, I think?) down by the west stand. It was very, very late.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Delighted with the result we really have had the better of them the last wee while

Watched the ICT version of the highlights and my they were terrible in front of goal, most thankfully. It seemed they had the better of us as said above but how often when they above us in the league in the past and the same would happen. There is only one stat that counts in this one and come the next derby it will be as good as two years since they beat us. Long may that continue.

League is looking good all considering. Most goals scored, least goals conceded, and siting on top. Happy New Year all!!!!