Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22/12/18 Staggies v Jaggies (the weegie ones)
A chance to show a consistent 90 minutes. Good performance and good result please.
I'll be cheering on regardless but want McManus to finally show that extra little bit of composure (or instinct?) in front of goal.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

If we can play near our best, we should have more than enough to beat Thistle, who are a bit of a mess at the minute. Conceding two at home to Alloa isn't the best warm up for this.

2-0, Mckay and Mullin again.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I hope that we all give our team the support they need against Partick on Saturday as the last two home games have had the worst atmosphere (actually there wasn’t any) I can remember for years.
3000 + sounding like 300.

Perhaps it’s arguable that the displays could have been better, but lack of atmosphere does not help spur the team on when it needs it - the team deserves better. There was more sound from the players than from the jail end last week.

The Caley game will look after itself but let’s lift it for next week. 3 points would be huge.

(12-18-2018, 10:29 AM)Brick in the wall Wrote: I hope that we all give our team the support they need against Partick on Saturday as the last two home games have had the worst atmosphere (actually there wasn’t any) I can remember for years.
3000 + sounding like 300.

Perhaps it’s arguable that the displays could have been better, but lack of atmosphere does not help spur the team on when it needs it - the team deserves better. There was more sound from the players than from the jail end last week.

The Caley game will look after itself but let’s lift it for next week. 3 points would be huge.

There's more atmosphere/noise, with 3 kids, round my dinner table!
We really are a pathetic, over critical support!

Wouldn't even say the bulk of the support was critical, most of them seem totally apathetic.

One of the things I am jealous of our neighbours over the bridge for is their vocal younger support. If that was tried over here there'd be a bunch of diddies telling them to wheesht! The jailend really needs improved to make the social aspect easier, I'm sure we all agree it needs to be standing again to let people congregate and meet and generate an atmosphere.

(12-19-2018, 02:55 AM)NVACA Wrote: One of the things I am jealous of our neighbours over the bridge for is their vocal younger support. If that was tried over here there'd be a bunch of diddies telling them to wheesht! The jailend really needs improved to make the social aspect easier, I'm sure we all agree it needs to be standing again to let people congregate and meet and generate an atmosphere.

That's what happens in the Caley games. Almost as if a chunk of our fans don't want a good atmosphere.

It’s a quiet crowd, always has been. I can’t see it changing any time soon.

Tongue 
(12-19-2018, 01:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It’s a quiet crowd, always has been. I can’t see it changing any time soon.

Wheesht you!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

(12-19-2018, 01:08 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: It’s a quiet crowd, always has been. I can’t see it changing any time soon.

That’s true and to be fair the most atmosphere was coming from the away fans last few seasons as the travelling supports were bigger.
I don’t suppose we can really change the way we are, doesn’t mean we don’t love our team but just that we are not vocal enough in expressing it - yours truly sadly included.

I will be dropping a pin in the main stand around 3:30 - just in case you wonder what the racket was.

Hope the team are buoyed up after the Ayr game on Saturday, this will be a real battle as Partick Thistle are desperate to start clawing back their position in the league. Must make sure that it’s not at our expense.

Another week on - perhaps Midge and Vigurs may be starters ?

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game and optimistic of a result
2-0 county McKay and Stewart

Looking forward to the game tomorrow and my last match at the Global Energy Stadium for 2018. 3 pints please lads and make it a happy Christmas. Traveling up from Aberdeen with Applecross staggie. 02 02B 02B A Staggie.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

(12-21-2018, 11:49 PM)murray aberdeen stagg Wrote: Looking forward to the game tomorrow and my last match at the Global Energy Stadium for 2018. 3 pints please lads and make it a happy Christmas. Traveling up from Aberdeen with Applecross staggie. 02 02B 02B A Staggie.

On here begging for beer......I'll buy you one, I'll be in the Caley b4 game ;-)

(12-21-2018, 11:13 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Looking forward to tomorrow’s game and optimistic of a result
2-0 county McKay and Stewart

Great call!!

A good result with the added bonus of Ayr only getting a draw at Dunfirmline. Sets us up for the festive period nicely.

Well done all.

Thought we were the better side without playing fantastically- looked a clear penalty from where I sat and the second goal was a good finish by Stewart who really came into the game once he went up front.

Only downside was another ten-fifteen spell where we couldn't get out of our own half but for the most part Grivosti, Watson and Stelios were excellent with Lindsay really nipping into tackles in the last twenty five minutes.

(12-22-2018, 10:38 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: On here begging for beer......I'll buy you one, I'll be in the Caley b4 game ;-)

Ha ha Jamiepscot you spell checker! Hope you enjoyed your points! in the Caley after the game.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I thought we were all over them for large parts of the first half, but then we lost our way. Jamie Lyndsey had an off day which didn’t help the midfield. Fair play to Stewart, thought he was much better today, took his goal well.
Caldwell is claiming Cowie dived, I’ll wait for the highlights on that one.

If we can play the same 11 against Caley we should, I like a settled team and they have the potential to win, just depends on whether it comes together.

Good and well deserved result , not our best imo but a decent performance , thought Stewart and Lindsay were very good as for the penalty it looked a stonewaller and we were unlucky not to get another in the 2nf half!

If we can play the same 11 against Caley we should, I like a settled team and they have the potential to win, just depends on whether it comes together.
[/quote]
I think we'll really struggle against Caley unless we can get Vigurs and Gardyne back into the starting eleven. We need to get back to a more balanced midfield so that we can establish more control on the game. Much of yesterday seemed similar to the QOS game where we by-passed the midfield and lumped the ball forward (towards Stewart), and also dropped deeper and deeper in defence. Stewart's (well-taken) goal was quite incredible - our front two had no support from the rest of the team, who were about 50 yards behind them and seemed to have no intention of moving any further forward. Fully supportive of Kettleson but a bit concerned that they can seem a bit reluctant to make substitutions when things look to be unravelling on the pitch - if Stewart hadn't scored when he did, I suspect we might have had a repeat of the QOS experience.. Still, the table looks great and if we can just get back to our style of play from earlier in the season, we should certainly be there or thereabouts..

(12-23-2018, 01:00 PM)Fozzie Wrote: If we can play the same 11 against Caley we should, I like a settled team and they have the potential to win, just depends on whether it comes together.
Fully supportive of Kettleson but a bit concerned that they can seem a bit reluctant to make substitutions when things look to be unravelling on the pitch
[/quote]

Absolutely, far too slow in making subs.