Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HIGHLAND DERBY
This has gone under the radar a bit. Highland Derby on Saturday so was expecting a thread for this already. Seems like we’re not enthusiastic for it despite playing well and In 2nd place. Anyway, the usual hope we pump them blah blah blah. Hopefully Fraser Morris and fonts come back in. Midfield 3 of Vigurs Lindsay and Draper. If Fergie and Ketts learned anything it’s I hope they play start mullin for this one. 2-0 County! Cmon

(11-01-2018, 10:40 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: This has gone under the radar a bit. Highland Derby on Saturday so was expecting a thread for this already. Seems like we’re not enthusiastic for it despite playing well and In 2nd place. Anyway, the usual hope we pump them blah blah blah. Hopefully Fraser Morris and fonts come back in. Midfield 3 of Vigurs Lindsay and Draper. If Fergie and Ketts learned anything it’s I hope they play start mullin for this one. 2-0 County! Cmon

Surely Don is a definite starter in the middle. If Fontaine is back then either Watson into RB and, probably harshly, Stelios onto the bench. Keeping Draper in at CH. Morris and Fraser on the bench too.

Sadly having to miss this one, but hope we fill the away end and give the team some strong vocal support. Like any derby game the result's a bit unpredictable but I hope we play better than the last one in Dingwall, where tbh we were lucky to get a draw.
I think, though, that tomorrow will be the end of Caley's long unbeaten run and I hope we score plenty of goals. Vigurs could well be the key. Lovely goal on Tuesday and he's showing his class in this league. Given a choice between Vigurs and Cowie I'd take the former. If you looked at the statistics you'd probably find Cowie makes more "successfully completed" passes than Vigurs but that's just because Vigurs sprays the ball around whilst Cowie prefers the short easier passes. They do complement each other I suppose, with Lindsay doing a lot of the busy work in midfield.

It'd be a setback if we lost tomorrow so I'm sure our managers will have the team organised for a better first half than last time.

There's no way I'd drop Vigurs.
I want both Don and Iain playing alongside Lindsay. It's a good balance in the centre of the park IMO.

After watching the Falkirk game we have to move the ball forward more quickly rather than have 20 passes and go nowhere. We need people to make forward runs into space and the midfield to pick them out and I think Vigurs would be the best bet for that role. Mullins up front would definitely give us more pace up front but I doubt he will play two up front and the way McKay is scoring it would be harsh to drop him.
It will be interesting to see how our management play this one.

(11-02-2018, 01:09 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: There's no way I'd drop Vigurs.
I want both Don and Iain playing alongside Lindsay. It's a good balance in the centre of the park IMO.

This is our best central midfield 3.

Gutted to be working tomorrow but hoping to be finished in time to see the second half, or more. Does anyone know the craic with how to get into the game after 3? Presumably the turnstiles are closed.

I agree this has gone under the radar a bit unlike the last derby. Maybe SFA need to think about another revamp? Will never happen though. Playing teams too much just gets repetitive. Won’t be complaining if we win today though which I think we will. Need their incredible unbelievably magical unbeaten run.

It’s not nice seeing players get injured, regardless of team, but I made an exception today and took great joy in seeing Rooney get injured.

Some absolute sitters missed by both teams here. Enjoyed a large county support in good voice at times. Think we should have snuck this one but can't complain with the draw

Also what is it with us and corners that miss everyone and go straight out

(11-03-2018, 07:41 PM)NVACA Wrote: Some absolute sitters missed by both teams here. Enjoyed a large county support in good voice at times. Think we should have snuck this one but can't complain with the draw

Also what is it with us and corners that miss everyone and go straight out

Everyone goes to the front post. No-one stays at the back to pick up the loose/long ball

Game could have went either way although I thought our sitters were worse than there’s. McManus has lost his touch and didn’t look match sharp. The downside of good players on the bench. Caley are the best team we’ve played in the league. Not sure why they keep getting draws. Next week against Dundee Utd is important and we need to get back to winning ways.

I agree with a few posts above. Rooney got what he deserved. Plonker.

Caley have looked good both times against us and could easily have won but so could we as our chances missed we definitely worse in my opinion.

Next week is a bad game. Can’t let Dundee Utd back into the fight and can’t let Ayr get a bigger lead at the top.

Looking back at the highlights, I forgot Ridgers pulled off a couple of world class saves.

McManus doesn’t actually look like he was offside for his chance and McKay definitely wasn’t miles offside for the own goal as some Caley fans are suggesting.

Also looks like the highlights were again recorded on a potato. Do we not have a decent camera to take to away games.

Seems to be mixed views on the game and our performance, but I came away really disappointed.
Ok it was 2-2 and could have been 4-4 but the general quality of play I felt was poor, umpteen passes from us to nobody, sometimes straight out of play. Corners from Vigurs poor - over the top to nobody, surely we have a plan? Lack of spark and some players looked leggy.
That pitch always looks huge and I thought Mullin would excel, wasn't to be and I thought he, DKD, Cowie and Vigurs were below par. Very lucky to be level at HT.
McKay ran his socks off and was our best player I thought.

If Fontaine is fit then he should be starting, not on the bench while Draper plays CB.
Midge would have given us something in a game like that, hope he's back soon.
Great to see Fraser back and he will improve with games.

I missed the last 2 home games, both good wins, so maybe wrongly expected a more impressive performance yesterday. Tough game next Sat against a much improved D.Utd.

(11-04-2018, 03:58 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Seems to be mixed views on the game and our performance, but I came away really disappointed.
Ok it was 2-2 and could have been 4-4 but the general quality of play I felt was poor, umpteen passes from us to nobody, sometimes straight out of play. Corners from Vigurs poor - over the top to nobody, surely we have a plan? Lack of spark and some players looked leggy.
That pitch always looks huge and I thought Mullin would excel, wasn't to be and I thought he, DKD, Cowie and Vigurs were below par. Very lucky to be level at HT.
McKay ran his socks off and was our best player I thought.

If Fontaine is fit then he should be starting, not on the bench while Draper plays CB.
Midge would have given us something in a game like that, hope he's back soon.
Great to see Fraser back and he will improve with games.

I missed the last 2 home games, both good wins, so maybe wrongly expected a more impressive performance yesterday. Tough game next Sat against a much improved D.Utd.

I'd agree with that assessment Stuart, was also disappointed as I thought we'd be well fired up for this game and would have learned enough from the previous Derby - but they again out-muscled us in midfield which is crazy, they did seem to get the favour of Clancy who seemed to be giving them everything - but then he did have a few dodgy decisions relating to both teams - the stop-start nature of the game especially in the first half was irritating and I think it broke up our rhythm

I also thought that DKD, Cowie, Vigurs etc would have had enough quality to cause ICT real problems, but I suppose they got their tactics right and just stopped us playing....

Dundee Utd seem to have got a bit of a boost from the introduction of Neilson so it'll be a hard test - but we have enough quality in our side to get something from the game.

We need to stop Ayr getting much more of a lead on us or it'll be difficult to claw that back in this league.

I'm with you, I'd have Fontaine back in the side ASAP - maybe he was there for emergency cover and not quite ready - he should be back for Utd game I think.

Speaking to Caley fans this morning I work with, they said it's the best they have played at home all season - still only managed a draw, so I think the draw suited us better than them given recent results....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(11-05-2018, 02:42 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Derby - but they again out-muscled us in midfield which is crazy,

I didn't make the game, but from what I've seen of us this season I think we're quite a brittle team. When things are going well, we can look like a seriously decent side. When things don't go well, the passing and pressing go and teams can almost walk through our midfield.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Think a draw was probably fair result, don't think we deserved to win it. Thought McManus was going to be the answer when he came on, but he failed to do anything right, which is unusual.
No player deserves the abuse that Rooney got, someone behind shouted ' hope its f.....g broken' - to me that is horrendous, - for a so called fan to shout that is sick, - remember, it's only a game

I agree a shout like that to Rooney was crossing the line,but he was always going to get stick after his goal celebration. Don't know why he celebrated like that,he wasn't getting stick before his goal,and I'm very surprised he wasn't booked for his goal celebration ,it was a bit OTT.

The line was indeed overstepped once he went off.
Have to admit i think we were lucky with a point after thier late pressure and shots.
County should have had it wrapped up with Kelly and Mcmanus misses.. how they missed ill never know.
We had the quality but afraid they had done the homework on us and they wanted it more.
Point away from home always a plus.
Need to up the tempo and finishing on Sat or the rejuvinated Utd will have us and we will fall back into the pack and Ayr will be free.
Hopefully the rumours that Shankland is in many clubs radars down south he be gone in January.
At least on Saturday a class catering team back.
Pies and T a rip off and quality poor.
Mon the currypieman