Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Falkirk v Staggies
Tonight's game seems to have flown under the radar due to Saturday's game at the Dump, but is still an important game for us.

Falkirk will surely start winning sometime but hopefully not tonight.

Will Marcus get a start tonight? Will we be unchanged from Saturday's great performance?

Won't make it.

Falkirk fans are generally expecting a pumping off us. I'd hope we can keep a clean sheet and give Fraser some game time.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Me and a mate will be there, so there will be at least 2 staggies (well, 1 and a half) in attendance.

Looking forward to it.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Looking forward to tonight's game. Hopefully keep up the great form we have been in and bring home the three points.

I think theres a few central staggies going, might swell the numbers to double-figures!

Interested to see what kind of lineup we go for, scope to rest some boys and give some fringe players a run.
Also scope to put down a marker and batter Falkirk with our strongest team.
Find out soon :-)

Unchanged xi from saturday

1-0 Falkirk. Their first home goal of the season is an o.g by Cowie.

(10-30-2018, 09:20 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: 1-0 Falkirk. Their first home goal of the season is an o.g by Cowie.

BBC has it as Draper

County 8- 2 shots
62% posession
County score but 1-0 down.
Still plenty time tho

Vigurs 1-1

Will take a point after being a goal down.

Falkirk were unlucky going by reports on P&B.

Maybe a wake-up call for the team.

During the first 20 minutes or so County dictated the play and controlled the game with a high tempo passing game against a stuffy home side who were sitting in and defending in banks of four. It is crucial to score first against defensively minded teams. However Fa!kirk were proving difficult to break down. The closest County came during this period was a Vigurs f-k from 20 yards which cleared the bar and a McKay shot ,which the keeper did well to turn around the post.

Falkirk took the lead on 25 mins. totally against the run of play when a pacy cross from the left was diverted off Cowie's head into his own net -with no apparent danger- past the helpless Fox. County continued to dominate possession, with Falkirk not getting much of a look-in but the ball was just not being moved quickly enough. Falkirk had their first attempt on goal 10 minutes before the break with a shot that cleared the bar. They should have went 2-0 up just before the break when Paton somehow missed an open goal from about 8 yards out.

County continued to press Falkirk back for almost all of the second half. Draper almost scored shorty after the restart with a header that was well held. . However the tempo of their passing game remained too slow. Falkirk continued to blatantly waste time, sensing that they might get a win and were content to belt the ball out of defence and upfie!d.

Sensing that a more direct approach might be required to unlock the congested final third, Brian Graham was brought on for DKD on the hour mark. However the ball continued to be passed around the penalty box with !ittle County penetration-when gambling off a second ball might have been more effective.

Vigurs came to County 's rescue on 78 minutes with a curled left foot shot which hit the inside of the post and went jn. County continued to press looking for a winner with both Graham and Watson coming close. Falkirk had their first and only effort on target with seven minutes left which Fox held. They had an unlikely chance to win it in added time when Irving shot wide from close range. However that would have been a travesty given that County had four times the amount of efforts on goal, six times the attempts on target and almost all of the possession.

Not a great overall County performance, however it is always difficultto break down teams who have no interest in playing open ad entertaining football, and whose gameplan is based around defending their penalty box. A decent point in the circumstances.

Apologies I forgot to put my lucky socks on last night, rest assured they will be on this Saturday!

Take the point and move on. Not ideal but let’s go hammer this mob on Saturday now.

(10-31-2018, 01:45 AM)Fyrish-stag Wrote: ... Not a great overall County performance, .... A decent point in the circumstances.

Your report is much appreciated, Fyrish!
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOmK4RMN...9Q6tOt9-5o

Highlights. Not finished watching but so far:

Falkirk's left winger absolutely roasted down the right several times.
Cowie's header was bizarre, no pressure and put right into the corner.
What was Paton doing? All he had to do was hit it to make it 2-0 and he's thrown himself to the ground and missed the ball. No wonder the Falkirk fans hate him.

Stunning equaliser from Vigurs. The Cowie o.g. was just a woeful attempt at a clearance header from any professional. Unlucky to be honest but draws kill you.