Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Morton 27/10/2018
Same team (if possible) depending on injuries. Wouldn't be too concerned if Grivosti comes in and Fraser can't be that far away from fitness.

1-0 County, Mckay to continue his good run of scoring.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Confirmed that we will have a weakend defence for Saturday. Not sure about Grivosti at this level. Think we got away with it against Ayr. Would play Watson and Draper at centre back and keep the same midfield as Saturday. Make Grivosti sub. The Marcus Fraser absence is becoming protracted. Maintaining the momentum is so important as I fear Dundee Utd will soon be hitting the form expected of them. They are our main challengers.

(10-24-2018, 11:08 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Not sure about Grivosti at this level.

And that’s based on what?

I’d start with Stellios a Grivosti again for this one. Build on the momentum and confidence for the young lad who handled himself respectably well for a first professional game against the strongest attack in the league. Hopefully Morris or fonts will be available however. Hard decision to bring draper straight back in, can’t deip Cowie that’s for sure. Mullin and billy hopefully keep up their form! Be good to pick up 3 points before the away game in Falkirk

(10-24-2018, 02:18 PM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: I’d start with Stellios a Grivosti again for this one. Build on the momentum and confidence for the young lad who handled himself respectably well for a first professional game against the strongest attack in the league. Hopefully Morris or fonts will be available however. Hard decision to bring draper straight back in, can’t deip Cowie that’s for sure. Mullin and billy hopefully keep up their form! Be good to pick up 3 points before the away game in Falkirk

Draper offers far more to the team than Cowie does. I'd imagine Draper will be at centre back for this one, if Morris, Fontaine and Fraser are all out.

(10-24-2018, 03:22 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Draper offers far more to the team than Cowie does. I'd imagine Draper will be at centre back for this one, if Morris, Fontaine and Fraser are all out.

Cowie had a superb game and deserves to keep his place after that performance

(10-22-2018, 09:02 PM)Despot Wrote: Same team (if possible) depending on injuries. Wouldn't be too concerned if Grivosti comes in and Fraser can't be that far away from fitness.

1-0 County, Mckay to continue his good run of scoring.

Spoke to Marcus on Saturday, he was training all week and was in contention for the Ayr game, but maybe just a tad too soon - so he may be back for Morton game?!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-24-2018, 12:21 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: And that’s based on what?

He was finding it hard going against the Ayr attack. It could easily have been a draw or worse. Everything being equal then Draper is a better option. I always think you should play your strongest team.

Ketts saying fraser short of match fitness. No go for saturday then. Sounds like fontane and morris oot.
Dont know what game some were watching on saturday if they want to drop Cowie. Madness if they do. My MOTM.
Draper and Grivoski as direct replacements for me.
A good game to give the fringe younsters a run for sure.
We should be too good for them and a chance in the next two games after saturday to amass 9 points. This will put a bit of distance to those teams lower than us

Great 3 points on Saturday although had to visit the manicurist on Monday!
Centre of defence is crucial, whilst Grivosti did very well in the circumstances I would feel Draper would bring the needed experience if both Fontaine and Morris are missing. Grivosti has made his claim and maybe the game v Motherwell U21s would be a better run out for him IMO.
Maybe Marcus will be on the bench and be eased back in if the timing is right. There will be no easy games in this league and sentiment will play no part if we want success. The strongest / best team in each particular circumstance must be chosen.
With Mackay and Mullin scoring and great support around them ( hope Vigurs is fit) you can’t see a change to midfield or front, but it’s great to have both Graham and McManus chomping at the bit. We are in a good position right now.

Roll on Saturday!

This game should not be taken lightly, we will need our strongest and most experienced players, especially in defence, remember, Morton have already beaten us in the league this season, hopefully that will fire the team up.

That was a lot more comfortable than expected.

Glad to be home, was absolutely baltic in the Jailend with the wind in your face.

Blew them away 5-0 including another McKay hat trick, a goal for DKD and a Graham pen. Tons of possession and nota lotta threat from Morton
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

4-0 up, Keillor-Dunn just scored. Old diddies behind me still whinging, 'His goal was a fluke, he does nothing for the team.' He's still young and does lose the ball sometimes or not make a pass, but those are things that will come with more experience. Just don't get the need to be so harsh on one of our best youth players recently.

Hopefully that goal will give DKD a boost. Think he could then be a bit more ambitious in final third, taking on the last man and getting in on goal. Going to be the new Midge for us.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

Good the see Gallacher getting a start. One for the future i think and spread the ball well for the time he was on.
Think Graham should have allowed Mcmanus to take the late penalty as he won it.
Quality from mckay. Who was that irish bloke we had and sold him to a team down south........ well and truly replaced now.

Bring on the Caley

Stelios had better watch out, or he’ll fast become a cult hero! What a character he is. Loved Don Cowie telling him to calm his tats.

A great team performance from front to back. Tactics spot on too. 5 in midfield with Cowie and Lindsay taking up positions all all over the park.

Some interesting assistant refereeing...

Very comfortable today, even though i thought we turned off for 20 mins after the first goal.

We were very good when we tried, need to get DKD on the ball more, young Gallagher looked very good, was unlucky with a long shot near the end.

Solid team performance today. Lindsay was just superb. Class too from Cowie to give captains armband to Lindsay when he went off . Cowie's motivational skills are a pleasure to have in the team- his place in the team is merited for that as much as his own play.
What a joy Championship football is to watch rather than the utter garbage we have seen over the last few seasons!

(10-27-2018, 07:55 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Stelios had better watch out, or he’ll fast become a cult hero! What a character he is. Loved Don Cowie telling him to calm his tats.

A great team performance from front to back. Tactics spot on too. 5 in midfield with Cowie and Lindsay taking up positions all all over the park.

Some interesting assistant refereeing...

How on earth did the one fairly late in the second half where a Morton player booted it off the park get given as a Morton throw?