Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home to Ayr United..
(10-22-2018, 07:15 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: McCall is a very good tactician. At half time he changed his tactics to a more route 1 approach.
In the 1st half our midfield, especially Vigurs, we're strolling about with ease controlling the play. When McCall changed it at HT he bypassed our midfield and was getting somewhere. Fortunately Ferg and Ketts saw this and changed our formation by putting BG, who was excellent, on and taking off Vigurs. Well done coaches!
3 good, well deserved points.

100% right.

It will be interesting to see how Ayr respond after been knocked off top spot.

I don't know much about their squad, is there much depth? I think even already this year the depth of the squad has been critical.

(10-22-2018, 11:23 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: It will be interesting to see how Ayr respond after been knocked off top spot.

I don't know much about their squad, is there much depth? I think even already this year the depth of the squad has been critical.

Totes.

We've pretty much used up nearly all our regular Defenders so it was reassuring to see Stelios in particular come in and do so well, and then Tom Grivosti acquitting himself well too.

When Draper isn't suspended he's another one quite happy in central defence. Tony Dingwall has been used at RB a few times too.

Losing Midge is a miss but DKD shows potential. We've got plenty strikers.

We are indeed rich.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

On Grivosti, by my reckoning that's 7 youngsters that have made senior debuts for us this season
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(10-22-2018, 11:23 AM)wemyss77 Wrote: It will be interesting to see how Ayr respond after been knocked off top spot.

.. and by this I mean our squad, sorry did not make that clear.

Great result and two cracking goals - shows the confidence that Mckay has now trying to chip the keeper, hopefully he's finding a bit of form and will bang in a few this season....as for the goal Mullin scored, well you'll be hard pushed to see a better goal all season - cracking!

Second half the introduction of McDaid for them made a difference and they were a lot more potent up front and pinned us back a fair bit - injuries kind of set us back, but good to see Grivosti making his debut.

Onwards!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Hopefully the Fergiewell have studied how we gave away the second half - and schooled the boys accordingly. That first half was a joy to watch - I'm greedy for more.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets