Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home to Ayr United..
I know that silence on here generally indicates satisfaction with how things are going but come on guys, a top-of-the-table clash tomorrow - any thoughts?

Yes lets get into them - we win we go top.

Still on holiday so will be relying on the news and reviews of otb to know how we're doing.

It's that quiet on here I'll probably not hear anything until I read a report on Sunday, it's sad it's so quiet nowadays. When things go to **** everyone's going nuts, strange supporters that we are.

Both teams to score might be a solid prediction for this one, Ayr flying high and I think they might be the strongest attacking opponent we've faced yet. Would love a win, excited to see how DKD does, I've not seen a game since Gardyne was injured.

Anyone remember the year we won the league, first meeting with Ayr at home, 4-0, so I will go with that again!!! Pity I will not be there this time.

Come on lads, another nice wee win will be fine.

I'll be getting merry on a flight to Vegas during this so I hope there's WiFi.
Midge and Fraser out, Draper suspended.

I didn't expect to be able to make this game, but it looks like I'll be able to after all.

Best defence against best attack. I expect there to be goals and we will need to be at our best to stop Shankland and Moffat.

2-1 to County, Mckay and Mullin with Shankland scoring for Ayr,
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

A win today would be a real boost, knocking Ayr off their perch. I don't see why we won't.

I'm pretty sure I saw Marcus playing golf on Wednesday. He must be getting near to playing again. When he's fit I think a back four of Fraser Morris Watson Fontaine would be good.

Draper's suspended for this one I think. Interesting to see who plays in his position. I thought DKD looked good last week so pretty sure he'll start. Will Don Cowie ? Not sure who he'll play up front.

I'm sure our managers will get the required team out and we'll be top of the league at 5 o'clock.

Hope it's an entertaining game.

(10-20-2018, 10:42 AM)It's Only A Game Wrote: A win today would be a real boost, knocking Ayr off their perch. I don't see why we won't.

I'm pretty sure I saw Marcus playing golf on Wednesday. He must be getting near to playing again. When he's fit I think a back four of Fraser Morris Watson Fontaine would be good.

Draper's suspended for this one I think. Interesting to see who plays in his position. I thought DKD looked good last week so pretty sure he'll start. Will Don Cowie ? Not sure who he'll play up front.

I'm sure our managers will get the required team out and we'll be top of the league at 5 o'clock.

Hope it's an entertaining game.

Two right backs, and two centre backs? Not sure about that. I'd be very surprised if the team is anything other than:
Fox
Watson Morris Fontaine Kelly
Mullin Cowie Vigurs Lindsay DKD
Mckay

On a completely unrelated topic, saw Marcus Fraser seemingly having an argument with John Robertson at inshes tesco. I think we win this one 2-0, but we should not underestimate ayr at all

(10-20-2018, 12:34 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: Two right backs, and two centre backs? Not sure about that. I'd be very surprised if the team is anything other than:
Fox
Watson Morris Fontaine Kelly
Mullin Cowie Vigurs Lindsay DKD
Mckay

Well picked

Game of 2 halves according to the report on the BBC. Big result though because if we had lost we would have been 5 points adrift. Roll on next Saturday as up home to Dornoch for the weekend and looking forward to the Morton game.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

Certainly a game of two halves. The HT team talk from Ayr must have been good. Very twitchy from County but well held on and could easily been a draw. Still 3 points and the first half was great football and passing. 2nd goal of Mullin was a topper and worth the entry fee alone.
Cowie was my MOTM and for a 35 year old certainly ran his socks off.
Only down point was the injuries. Hope not too bad and precautions to take off.
Quiet crowd but there were high points but badly need the drums

That first half was brilliant, we would have competed with any premiership team playing that football. Fluid and creative, with slick passing. Vigurs directing play from wing to wing in midfield is what we’ve been crying out for.

In the second half we were caught cold. Ayr changed their shape slightly and took off Moffat who was playing behind Strickland and went 2 up top. It paid dividends albeit with some dodgy individual defending by Watson. You can’t let a player like Strickland goal side of you. There was a little bit of hanging on, but by bringing on Graham for Vigurs we stretched them again which helped.

Worrying to lose two centre halfs to injury, plus possibly Vigurs? But a great performance, and Mullins goal was the stuff dreams are made off! One to watch on Utube!

(10-20-2018, 08:42 AM)Despot Wrote: I didn't expect to be able to make this game, but it looks like I'll be able to after all.

Best defence against best attack. I expect there to be goals and we will need to be at our best to stop Shankland and Moffat.

2-1 to County, Mckay and Mullin with Shankland scoring for Ayr,
Any lottery numbers for tonight..??

(10-20-2018, 07:52 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Any lottery numbers for tonight..??

Christ, I'd forgotten I'd predicted that!

Pity I only got 6 out of 10 on my accumulator.

First half was incredibly pleasing, some lovely passing and movement and one incredible ball from Kelly to Mullin that you'd have to see it to believe it was Kelly that played it.

Mckay's goal was well taken after a good move, Mullin's even better after skill by Stelios and then Mullin to beat his man and curl a blinder past the keeper. Fonts and Morris both going off really got us wobbling, with Watson and Grivosti struggling for ten minutes before settling down. We were hanging on for about twenty minutes before we regained control at the end with Kelly again running down time in the corner well.

Really pleased with the three points but I was absolutely bricking it at one point when Ayr were smelling blood.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

Great 3 points. As has been said , a game of two halves. Exhilarating first half play with Mullin's goal the icing on the cake.
Fair play to Ayr, they came back into the game with the early goal and could have equalised.We were unlucky with the injuries.

Well played too to Despot & Savage Henry.

Already looking forward to the game next week !

Superb result and back on top. Can't ask for more. Hope injuries are not too bad.

County were cruising in the first half. I was left wondering where on earth top of the league Ayr were getting their goals from this season- They looked more like a side who should be languishing in a relegation spot!

McCall must have beasted them at the break because 2nd half their fight and determination was incredible. Erring towards overly physcial to my eyes.

Well done Staggies for such a battling performance to ensure the 3 points and table topping.

(10-21-2018, 06:37 AM)flashmeister Wrote: County were cruising in the first half. I was left wondering where on earth top of the league Ayr were getting their goals from this season- They looked more like a side who should be languishing in a relegation spot!

McCall must have beasted them at the break because 2nd half their fight and determination was incredible. Erring towards overly physcial to my eyes.

Well done Staggies for such a battling performance to ensure the 3 points and table topping.

McCall is a very good tactician. At half time he changed his tactics to a more route 1 approach.
In the 1st half our midfield, especially Vigurs, we're strolling about with ease controlling the play. When McCall changed it at HT he bypassed our midfield and was getting somewhere. Fortunately Ferg and Ketts saw this and changed our formation by putting BG, who was excellent, on and taking off Vigurs. Well done coaches!
3 good, well deserved points.