Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cup final on Sunday!
Hi didn't see a thread for it so thought I'd start one, if I missed one feel free to delete.

We've a cup final against ict at clach' s park on Sunday, personally I'm looking forward to having a few pints and watching us beat them. Anyone else heading along?

I am heading down

It's 0-0 at ht.

County the better team and looking more likely to score after a scrappy opening 10 minutes. The wind is really strong and making it very hard for both teams, we'll be kicking into it for The second half.

Just saw the result online, 3-2 with two Inverness goals in the last 5 minutes. Did many folks get the chance to go along and watch? Wouldn't have blamed anyone for hiding indoors today.

Good win for the young lads and some good game time in what must have been challenging conditions!

Congratulations first trophy in the cabinet this season roll on the next

(10-07-2018, 08:20 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Congratulations first trophy in the cabinet this season roll on the next

League & scottish Cup double will do mate.
Born a highlander always a highlander.Smile

I don't get to see our development team often, can anyone identify our starting XI? Number 8 looked a class above in the first half.

Ross Munro, Tom Kelly, Jack Murray, Tom Grivosti, Ben Johnstone, Russell Dingwall, Tony Dingwall, Dylan Dykes, Ross Maciver, James Wallace, Mark Gallagher

No. 8? Dylan Dykes?

(10-07-2018, 09:42 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Ross Munro, Tom Kelly, Jack Murray, Tom Grivosti, Ben Johnstone, Russell Dingwall, Tony Dingwall, Dylan Dykes, Ross Maciver, James Wallace, Mark Gallagher

No. 8? Dylan Dykes?

Thanks Jamie, I was asking a few folk around me too but they had no idea like me.

Thought Kelly, Grivosti and Tony stood out too but Dykes played central and looked to dictate how we attacked, he definitely bulked up a bit too. I was impressed with his play.

(10-07-2018, 11:13 PM)frankthetank Wrote: Thanks Jamie, I was asking a few folk around me too but they had no idea like me.

Thought Kelly, Grivosti and Tony stood out too but Dykes played central and looked to dictate how we attacked, he definitely bulked up a bit too. I was impressed with his play.
Yes, I would like to think that Dykes, Lindsay and Paton could be a great midfield for us in future years, once Vigurs has hung up his boots..

I was planning to go, but recovering from an operation with the weather in Inverness yesterday made ita no-go for me. Delighted to get the first silverwear of the season aboard.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

I went along yesterday, and yes it wasn't nice weather but we got into the Wine Shed for shelter.

As for the game, the first half was a bit scrappy, with the wind causing havoc.
Caley looked the more dangerous in front of goal, but County dictating play in midfield, but on the whole not a lot of chances created - Ross Munro with a great point blank save probably being the highlight of the half.

Second half, and County stepped up a gear and totally dominated.
Looked as though we were going to struggle to break Caley down, but a deflected shot from outside the box seen it loop over the head of the keeper.

Second goal was a stonewall penalty, all came from a Caley free kick at the other end of the pitch, a poor kick that hit the County defender, County broke at pace and McIvor was brought down just inside the box, the ball was slotted into the net but the ref pulled it back for the penalty.
Dykes was really cool to just slot the ball into the bottom corner.

The third goal was a thing of beauty - The lad on the right flicked if over the defenders head, before crossing it into the penalty spot area, McIvor first time back healed it into the path of Dykes who again sotted it into the bottom corner - if Barcelona scored that goal it would be on repeat on Sky Sports!

3-0 looked to have won it, but Caley hit straight back with a shot that flew into the top corner, and then they pilled forward and the wind caught a corner and was again headed into the net making it 3-2 and a nervous final few minutes, but County held on when they should have actually have strolled it in the final minutes.

Great win for the lads. Wish I was there to have seen it.